Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Production Nissan Pathfinder revealed on Facebook

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-12, 05:20 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

another weak sauce ditching the body on frame construction. So, what's the difference between this and Murano?
Old 07-31-12, 06:14 PM
grabber2
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm feeling GX....
Old 07-31-12, 06:34 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by STIG
another weak sauce ditching the body on frame construction. So, what's the difference between this and Murano?
+2 seats
Old 07-31-12, 07:05 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by STIG
You can fit more high-heels and soccer *****

I have no problem with it though, its what the market wants and I prefer the styling much better to the JX and the interior looks very similar. Great job to me.

Old 07-31-12, 09:07 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
You can fit more high-heels and soccer *****
but yeah. predicting this will be a hit.
Old 08-01-12, 12:38 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 165 Likes on 98 Posts

I agree with TRDFantasy. Clean, but very soft and feminine. They really went for carlike styling, which in my opinion wasn't necessary. Also don't care for the wavy windowline, which mimics the new Durango. We can all blame Infiniti for starting that corporate trend with the M. New Altima suffers the same fate. In fact, it's one of the very few cars that looked better on paper than in person. That rarely happens or it's usually the other way around.
Old 08-01-12, 04:00 AM
rkyat
Lexus Test Driver

Gotta say i agree with the members above. Seems a bit feminine, but i bet it'll sell.

I'll stick with our 3rd gen Pathfinder.
Old 08-01-12, 07:35 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
I agree with TRDFantasy. Clean, but very soft and feminine. They really went for carlike styling, which in my opinion wasn't necessary. Also don't care for the wavy windowline, which mimics the new Durango. We can all blame Infiniti for starting that corporate trend with the M. New Altima suffers the same fate. In fact, it's one of the very few cars that looked better on paper than in person. That rarely happens or it's usually the other way around.
Styling is always subjective. What doesn't work for one person completely works for others.
Old 08-01-12, 08:11 AM
LexFather

^^ I agree, styling is fine to me and at least not ugly. We see PLENTY of horribly ugly SUVs sell in droves. This thing is going to sell well.

Old 08-01-12, 12:19 PM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Why buy a Murano? I'll take this. But I still love my 02 Pathfinder with 96,000 trouble free miles.
Old 08-03-12, 11:01 AM
Hoovey689

Default 2013 Nissan Pathfinder images, specs released

2013 Nissan Pathfinder images, specs released

Gallery:
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2013-...photo-5190707/

Nissan has just taken the wraps off of its handsome new 2013 Pathfinder, touting 30-percent better gas mileage, svelter unibody construction and room for seven people.

Built on the same platform as the Infiniti JX luxury utility that's already on sale, the Pathfinder hopes to make a serious comeback as it drops its body-on-frame packaging for a unibody. It may lose some of its ruggedness, but that's okay by Nissan, as they say it's not what its buyers really wanted.

"The majority of our customers just don't go off road," says Tom Smith, director of SUV marketing at Nissan. "They're concerned with gas mileage, all-weather capabilities and having enough space for their families."

Indeed, most carmakers are turning their once top-selling sport utilities into unibody people haulers – witness the Ford Explorer. Others, like the Jeep Grand Cherokee and Honda Pilot have always maintained unibody roots. In the case of a vehicle like the Pathfinder, the switch should result in improved ride, packaging and weight at the expense of towing capacity and off-road capability.

Changing the Pathfinder's architecture allowed Nissan to shed 500 pounds and achieve 20 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway in the front-wheel drive model, which weighs in at 4,149 pounds. The all-wheel drive model (which adds 100 pounds) will get 19 mpg in the city and 25 mpg on the highway.

Powered by Nissan's 260-horsepower, 3.5-liter DOHC V6, the Pathfinder still has enough muscle to tow 5,000 pounds (last year's V8 model could tug up to 7,000). It will use Nissan's next-generation CVT as well, which improves gas mileage through increased ratio spread and lowered internal friction. Available amenities will include heated and cooled seats, Around-View Monitor and Easy-Fill Tire Alert.

Nissan hasn't announced pricing, but says that a base model should start around $28,000 when it arrives later this year.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/08/03/2...eased-w-video/
Old 08-03-12, 04:40 PM
SC3coupe
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Whats the difference between this and a mini van? The wheel gap and ground clearance seems low.

I think I could scrape that from lip backing up onto the driveway!
Old 08-03-12, 07:09 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by Stock4AG
Whats the difference between this and a mini van? The wheel gap and ground clearance seems low.

sliding doors

Haha jk

I am disappointed this is the same power train as in the Infiniti JX. One of the lowest hp ratings in the segment and for a sizable CUV. By comparisons sake the Nissan Maxima puts out 290hp from the same engine.
Old 08-03-12, 08:33 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Stock4AG

The old Pathfinder's spirit has moved on. This is really a crossover now and meant to compete more directly with Highlander, Pilot, and Explorer. Nobody's going off-road in this.
Old 08-03-12, 10:35 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 165 Likes on 98 Posts

Introducing the new Nissan Highlander. There's no good reason to still call this a Pathfinder. It has nothing to do with the last model or the Pathfinder's heritage. RIP

Quick Reply: Production Nissan Pathfinder revealed on Facebook