Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Hmm...upgrades.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-12, 10:13 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Congratulations, Josh. And welcome back home. You and your wife deserve a nice present after all the service you've done.

Since you have your (almost) new truck now, do you still want me to review the 2013 Ram?
Old 08-06-12, 11:12 AM
tzu911
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks mean. Awesome pick up and thank you for serving Josh!
Old 08-06-12, 11:20 AM
Marklouis
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Bad a$$ toy for a Bad a$$! enjoy it bro!
Old 08-07-12, 05:39 AM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

Thanks guys! MM, if you dont mind...I still have a lot of friends interested in the '13's.
Old 08-08-12, 01:10 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

The buying experience was pretty great The sales rep went with me to the house (some 30 miles away) to show my wife the truck, she even let me put Marv in it to see if the bigger cab was big enough. The finance lady was a bit of a ***** though. When doing the deal, I sat down and the payments were $50 above what I was promised.

Me: "that's not what we agreed to."

Finance Manager: "well, we dont negotiate in this office."

I looked at my sales lady and back at the FM...

Me: "Then the deal is off. What you think I don't understand is that I am doing you a favor. Every day that truck sits on the lot, you pay additional taxes on it. Not only that, but I don't have to trade in. My 09 is paid for and either way, I leave here in a Ram, so you either honor the deal we struck or I walk".

FM: "You are really gonna let a brand new truck slip away for $50 a month?"

Me: "That depends, are you willing to lose a sale for $50 a month?"

FM: "Well it is what it is, the math doesnt work any other way".

Me: "Ok then, thats all you had to say and you could have saved yourself and me a WHOLE lot of time."

And I walked out. I got in my blue truck, started it and got to the end of the parking lot, and Nicole (my sales rep) came running out and said "Mr. Morrison, Mr. Morrison! We got you the deal you wanted, you can come back inside and sign the papers!"

Boom-shacka-lacka
Old 08-08-12, 01:19 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne
And I walked out. I got in my blue truck, started it and got to the end of the parking lot, and Nicole (my sales rep) came running out and said "Mr. Morrison, Mr. Morrison! We got you the deal you wanted, you can come back inside and sign the papers!"

Boom-shacka-lacka
score!

I would have walked out too.

Again, nice deal!
Old 08-22-12, 06:53 AM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

so, 3000 miles on the truck and i have to say, i am thoroughly impressed. tows the boat like a dream but drinks fuel like a ship with it attached. i avg 10-12 mpg with the boat so i will not be brining it back to Tacoma. for the 3k it will cost in fuel, I can rent a boat from the MWR on the base for like 3 years.

It needs tires, $40k truck and it has the worst highway garbage tires I have ever seen, they are downright dangerous in the rain. Oh and MMarshall, you wont believe this...but my full size truck...has a temporary spare tire. I did not think to check it when i bought it. Buyer beware, they are putting them on trucks too.
Old 08-22-12, 08:39 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Oh and MMarshall, you wont believe this...but my full size truck...has a temporary spare tire. I did not think to check it when I bought it. Buyer beware, they are putting them on trucks too.
Well, considering the money that Chrysler is (obviously) spending on their newer interiors and chassis/powertrain refinement, I guess that's just one of the small way the bean-counters are robbing Peter to pay Paul.

But I agree...it's still somewhat strange. Most work-trucks and off-road-capable vehicles today still have real spares.
Old 08-22-12, 08:39 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

question...it has built-in NAV right? in your first post the last pic shows the interior with a GPS on the dash...was that just a test or is the in-dash LCD screen just for multimedia use or?
Old 08-22-12, 10:28 AM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Originally Posted by bagwell
question...it has built-in NAV right? in your first post the last pic shows the interior with a GPS on the dash...was that just a test or is the in-dash LCD screen just for multimedia use or?
the screen is multimedia only...no nav. nav costs money to update, my garmin has lifetime updates for free. the media center has a 6-dvd changer, dolby 5.1 alpine 10 speaker surround sound, 32gb hard disk, 2 usb ports, aux input jack, and an sd card slot.
Old 08-22-12, 11:18 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

the screen is multimedia only...no nav. nav costs money to update, my garmin has lifetime updates for free. the media center has a 6-dvd changer, dolby 5.1 alpine 10 speaker surround sound, 32gb hard disk, 2 usb ports, aux input jack, and an sd card slot.