Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Douche in a Ferrari almost runs over a cop

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-12, 06:25 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
yes--2 sides to every story: "Officer, I'm parked in the valet zone--why are you writing me a ticket?" Maybe a better approach than running over his foot trying to show him up...

EXACTLY!!!! Guy was a ***** and deserves what he got.
Old 08-06-12, 06:41 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

I still think there's to much drama queen like antics on both ends. Driver needs to take his ticket like a man and as a cop you can give someone an incredibly hard time without risking your foot.

A video has hit the Internet today detailing perhaps the douchiest interaction between a Ferrari owner and an NYPD officer’s foot to ever happen outside the Mercer Hotel.

The owner of the $257,000 red Ferrari 458, Julien Chabbott, accused of the foot smashing, could very well be the same man who co-founded the fittingly named “Line Snob” smartphone app (which aims to “tackle” waiting in lines—or crush it with a coupe tire).

In the video, filmed by bystander Damian Mory, Police Officer Felix Recio is filling out a ticket for Mr. Chabbott’s car for parking in a no standing zone, for not having a registration sticker, and for not having an inspection sticker, according to an NYPD spokesman and the criminal complaint.

Officer Recio told Mr. Chabbott “I’m writing you a summons. Please stand on the sidewalk,” according to the criminal complaint.

Mr. Chabbott, 28, of Midtown South, first tried to ****** the summons out of Officer Recio’s hands, then walked inside 147 Mercer Street, the address for The Mercer Hotel, the criminal complaint adds.

Mr. Chabbott, who was reportedly there with girlfriend (and former “The Hills” player) Stephanie Pratt, then returned to the car to announce “I’m leaving.”

Mr. Chabbott was “specifically told by the officer to not get into the car and to not leave, and that’s exactly what he did,” the NYPD spokesman added.

What happens next is, well, see for yourself:

Mr. Chabbott was arrested and charged with second-degree assault (a felony charge), vehicular assault, obstructing governmental administration, and disorderly conduct, the NYPD said.

As for Officer Recio: “He has an injury to his left foot and right hand, he was treated and released, and is out on an injury, out of the line of duty,” the NYPD spokesman added.

He plead not guilty to charges in Manhattan Criminal Court this morning.
Old 08-06-12, 06:54 AM
grabber2
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
just like they do in russia?

two sides to every story, and i predict the driver will sue the police and win.

did you guys read the video description?

i do agree he shouldn't have tried to drive away though, but the cop was truly an a-hole too.

I agree top this comment. I live in NYC & I hear & saw **** like this everyday.

This cop is a A-hole for writing a ticket in a valet space, hes probably saw this dude coming out of the car & is very very jealous. However, this dude was also stupid to try to move his car, cuz a $100 ticket is like few buck to him.

my prediction to the result:

This A-hole cop will apply for medical leave for few month & the NYPD will file charge "assaulting a officer" against this guy. Trust me, the NYPD will do it. They don't care about it since the City is one responsible for any law suit.

This guy will not be found guilty for the assault.........but he will probably spend $50k for attorney fees.
Old 08-06-12, 06:59 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 733 Likes on 505 Posts

I'm pretty sure the cop's right hand is hurt because he decided to smack the window
Old 08-06-12, 07:26 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Allen K
I'm pretty sure the cop's right hand is hurt because he decided to smack the window
i wonder what your reaction would have been if you were run over your foot by a ferrari.

i cant believe some people in this thread.

there is no way in the world i would ever think to even enter the car if the cop told me not to.

but obviously if you have that much money, you think you are way beyond the law and what can a silly cop with his 40k salary do to you, right?
Old 08-06-12, 07:52 AM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

hope purple sweater "man" gets it good... what an idiot totally ignoring cops orders
Old 08-06-12, 08:28 AM
ceo2be
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't care if the cop is being a ***** or not. You do what he says, just accept the damn ticket and go on with your life. If you can afford the Ferrari, you can pay the small fine. Regardless of whether you agree with the infraction or not, how dumb would you be to be driving away when the cop is giving you a ticket? That's just asking for trouble and I hope this idiot gets his butt kicked in the can. Can't believe people are blaming the cop on this.

Last edited by ceo2be; 08-06-12 at 09:38 AM.
Old 08-06-12, 08:47 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

honestly, that kid looks like he is spending daddy's money and hence such unreasonable behaviour... i cant imagine anyone who made their own money, acting like that - simply because to make it you have to be somewhat responsible person and have tiny bit of sense... which this kid does not have.
Old 08-06-12, 08:53 AM
Marklouis
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Definately would have saved them both some grief if he had just cooperated fully from the beginning, you have to admit the guy seemed to think he was untouchable.
Old 08-06-12, 09:14 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ceo2be
I don't care if the cop is being a ***** or not. You do what he says, just accept the damn ticket and go on with your life. If you can afford the Ferrari, you can pay the small fine. Regardless of whether you agree with the infraction or not, how dumb would you be to be driving away when the cop is giving you a ticket? That's just asking for trouble and I hope this idiot gets his butt kicked in the can. Can't believe people are blaming the cop on this.
Nice post....and a big

Old 08-06-12, 09:58 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

didnt really look like he ran over his foot maybe started to pinch the side of his shoe. Car didnt move up like it was going over an object and the cop was easily able to remove his foot. If he really ran over his foot pretty sure the cop would be limping.
Old 08-06-12, 10:00 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
he tried to run him over on purpose
i don't believe that was the case at all. i believe he was trying to leave and had no idea the officer's foot was near the tire. but as i've said, definitely a dumb idea to try and leave.

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
he didnt run over the cops foot. That cop is exaggerating and so is the title of this thread. He pulled his foot out pretty damn easy. The owner had the car parked in valet. The valet people parked the car their so when he saw the cop he wanted to move the car. Im not saying he should have tried to move the car but that stupid *** cop totally exaggerated and then abused his power. He is a typical NYC cop. This was originally recorded by Jason Thorgalsen ( auto photographer ) to show how the cop over reacted, not to show someone run over a cop.
awesome post.

Originally Posted by blacksc400
I think the cop overreacted to this as well. Hey, you are the cop, you are the boss.
well, if his foot was under a tire it's easy to get pissed.

Originally Posted by Allen K
exactly.

Originally Posted by Marklouis
Definately would have saved them both some grief if he had just cooperated fully from the beginning, you have to admit the guy seemed to think he was untouchable.
agreed! he didn't do the right thing and if you're dealing with an a-hole cop, you really have no choice but to try to cooperate or work it out.
Old 08-06-12, 10:59 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

LOL, @ you guys defending the ferrari owner...its actually pretty damn sad....

sorry but once you start bumping into a police officer with your car its over and RIGHTLY SO! He would have been justified in drawing his weapon when the car hit him.
Old 08-06-12, 12:01 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell
LOL, @ you guys defending the ferrari owner...its actually pretty damn sad....

sorry but once you start bumping into a police officer with your car its over and RIGHTLY SO! He would have been justified in drawing his weapon when the car hit him.
LOL. The car never "hit" him. He wedged his foot underneath the tire.
Old 08-06-12, 12:12 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
LOL. The car never "hit" him. He wedged his foot underneath the tire.
LOL ---sure it did...and if I was the officer, how am I supposed to know the idiot wasn't gonna floor and run over me -- I mean he already bumped into me....game on baby

Quick Reply: Douche in a Ferrari almost runs over a cop