Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Douche in a Ferrari almost runs over a cop

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-12, 01:09 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell
LOL ---sure it did...and if I was the officer, how am I supposed to know the idiot wasn't gonna floor and run over me -- I mean he already bumped into me....game on baby
I have to agree with this. I don't know the driver's intentions. I would have drawn my firearm if i were the cop.
Old 08-06-12, 01:35 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell
LOL ---sure it did...and if I was the officer, how am I supposed to know the idiot wasn't gonna floor and run over me -- I mean he already bumped into me....game on baby
Maybe because the officer put himself in harms way? He did MOVE to the front of the vehicle........

And he DID Put his foot under the tire in an attempt to 'challenge' the driver. Playing chicken is absolutely stupid in this case and I wouldn't be surprised if the guy put charges against the cop for any 'damage' to his car when the cop smacked it or swung the door open into the taxi cab.
Old 08-06-12, 02:06 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Jewcano
Maybe because the officer put himself in harms way? He did MOVE to the front of the vehicle........

And he DID Put his foot under the tire in an attempt to 'challenge' the driver. Playing chicken is absolutely stupid in this case and I wouldn't be surprised if the guy put charges against the cop for any 'damage' to his car when the cop smacked it or swung the door open into the taxi cab.
and your solution is? Cops should go away if you tell them to do so?

Besdies, they already talked - officer told him that his is getting the ticket and then he went to get the keys and move the car, trying to get out of the ticket...

Honestly, Cops provide safety for you - do you want them to look other way when you need them? Do you want them to look away when someone tries to rob you? How does this work?
Old 08-06-12, 02:07 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by hypervish
I have to agree with this. I don't know the driver's intentions. I would have drawn my firearm if i were the cop.
most other cops would...
Old 08-06-12, 02:10 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cop is not smart at all moving closer to the vehicle when he was trying to pull away. I agree he was trying to challenge the driver and "prove" himself.
Old 08-06-12, 02:27 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Originally Posted by spwolf
and your solution is? Cops should go away if you tell them to do so?

Besdies, they already talked - officer told him that his is getting the ticket and then he went to get the keys and move the car, trying to get out of the ticket...

Honestly, Cops provide safety for you - do you want them to look other way when you need them? Do you want them to look away when someone tries to rob you? How does this work?
Cop could have EASILY gotten the guys plate number, and mailed him a ticket....instead of escalating the situation, he could've stepped to the side let the guy leave and the guy would get a ticket in the mail and that would be the end of that. If the person wants to be a tool about it, let them, they'll still get a ticket. Tack on another ticket for leaving the scene without the original ticket if you want. Both are at fault, but if they can do a ticketing system where a speed camera catches you, I don't see why the cop couldn't get his license plate number and mail the ticket off later.

And to answer the last part.....he was doing NO protection in that video....he was just meeting a city quota for tickets......I'd feel slightly more sympathetic towards him if he was actually saving someones life or trying to extinguish a dangerous situation. However he was just being a leech..... I have NO sympathy for cops when they ticket, and I know it's not their fault, it's the department/city for enforcing that.

Last edited by Jewcano; 08-06-12 at 02:55 PM.
Old 08-06-12, 02:40 PM
Ty419
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the cop didn't want him to drive away, he should have stood in front of the door so the guy couldn't get in, or stood in front of the car so that he couldn't try to drive off. He's the cop, and he should know better. He had plenty of chances to do the right thing. He was baiting that guy in on purpose.

I then don't see why the cop feels the need to punch the window, slam the door into a cab, and throw the guy over the car, seemingly causing damage on purpose. The cop is just a loser, and obviously has some serious anger issues that he should be getting help for.
Old 08-06-12, 02:52 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Cop could have EASILY gotten the guys plate number, and mailed him a ticket....instead of escalating the situation, he could've stepped to the side let the guy leave and the guy would get a ticket in the mail and that would be the end of that. If the person wants to be a tool about it, let them, they'll still get a ticket. Tack on another ticket for leaving the scene without the original ticket if you want. Both are at fault, but if they can do a ticketing system where a speed camera catches you, I don't see why the cop couldn't get his license plate number and mail the ticket off later.
no, they are not both at fault... when someone tries to flee the scene, officer is not supposed to let him go...

you dont have the same rights as a cop... i am not so sure how hard is that to understand.

I cant believe people are defending some rich kid living of dads money and getting hurt that he got parking ticket so he decides to storm off, as if he is talking to his mom or something.
Old 08-06-12, 02:55 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gsrthomas
Cop is not smart at all moving closer to the vehicle when he was trying to pull away. I agree he was trying to challenge the driver and "prove" himself.
oh no, cop is challenging someone... wtf?

Apparently this kid is a hero, fighting against establishment. Kudos to the hero!
Old 08-06-12, 02:57 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

IMO it should not have escalated to that point to begin with. I think its clear that the cop knew the driver was crazy and irrational. The driver tried to take the ticket out of his hand while he was writing it. Who the hell does that? At that point the cop should not have let him in the car since he told him to wait on the sidewalk, defusing this entire situation.

He could have done more from the get go. Who knows what that irrational driver was going to do once he got in his car. For all we know, he could have got in the car and pulled a gun on the cop.

But since none of that happened, the maniac irrational driver tried to run away from the situation even if it meant mowing down a police officer that had his foot under the tire. Also, while he is in the car you can hear the cop telling him to stop and he still proceeds on.

If the cop was baiting him to run over his foot really doesnt matter. He still disobeyed the police officer a couple times (not to mention attempting to take the ticket while he is still writing it) and he hit him with his car. The dude is a straight up idiot and we really shouldnt be surprised as his best buddies are those douchey The Hills reality TV stars.
Old 08-06-12, 03:09 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Originally Posted by spwolf
no, they are not both at fault... when someone tries to flee the scene, officer is not supposed to let him go...

you dont have the same rights as a cop... i am not so sure how hard is that to understand.

I cant believe people are defending some rich kid living of dads money and getting hurt that he got parking ticket so he decides to storm off, as if he is talking to his mom or something.
This isn't a murder or a hit and run, it's just your run of the mill parking ticket. Cop could have trolled him and let him go and just mailed the ticket. No problems at all. Or are you saying it was more wise how he allowed the situation to escalate and put himself in harms way? I'm not defending the tool Ferrari owner, I'm saying the cop could've handled the situation differently besides puffing up his chest.
Old 08-06-12, 03:39 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

as i said, 2 sides to the story.

frankly they're both idiots. cop was not protecting anyone or doing anything useful or handling the situation well at all (in fact stupidly). driver flagrantly ignored cop and thought rules don't apply to him. two idiots that deserve each other.
Old 08-06-12, 04:51 PM
pavelekPL
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

+1 AMEN
Old 08-06-12, 05:04 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

This douche is stupid, you can't challenge a cop on the street, the cop always win on the street. You can challenge the cop in court afterward, but on the street at that moment, cop always win, just do whatever he say before he unleash the brutality on you

The cop is stupid too, if his foot did in fact got ran over, what does he gain by putting his foot in front of the tire, that doesn't deterred the driver from moving the car because the driver simply don't know his foot is in the way.

I too think the cop exaggerated and made up the whole thing to frame the driver. I don't see the car going up either. That front tire sidewall is tiny, the car would go up for sure if it run over a foot.

Last edited by BNR34; 08-06-12 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-06-12, 06:25 PM
ceo2be
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So the cop should just step aside, let him go and mail him the ticket? WTF?? Are you guys f-ing for real? So if a cop stops me for speeding or whatever violation, I can just drive off and not worry about it, hey it's OK because they have my info and they will mail me the ticket, they are not going to chase after me at all...right. Retarded.

Quick Reply: Douche in a Ferrari almost runs over a cop