Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Douche in a Ferrari almost runs over a cop

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-12, 06:36 PM
pavelekPL
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ceo2be
So the cop should just step aside, let him go and mail him the ticket? WTF?? Are you guys f-ing for real? So if a cop stops me for speeding or whatever violation, I can just drive off and not worry about it, hey it's OK because they have my info and they will mail me the ticket, they are not going to chase after me at all...right. Retarded.
Like others have mentioned, he didnt murdered anyone, it was just a parking ticked. But if i was the guy, and wanted to show the cop how big of a douche i am, i would just throw the ticked away after it would've been handed to me, avoiding the whole drama.
Old 08-06-12, 06:59 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

It wasnt just a parking ticket. He was also being cited for having no registration and no inspection. Idiot was probably trying to avoid having his car impounded. So congrats to him for avoiding having his car towed. Now he faces felony charges. LOL.
Old 08-06-12, 07:12 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by pavelekPL
Like others have mentioned, he didnt murdered anyone, it was just a parking ticked. But if i was the guy, and wanted to show the cop how big of a douche i am, i would just throw the ticked away after it would've been handed to me, avoiding the whole drama.
in what country in the world can you run from the cops telling you to stop and they just email you the ticket? What?

First of all, I dont want to live in that country. If cops dont have enough authority to pull someone over, how do you think they will be able to protect you?

And now as GFerg noticed, they were probably going to impound the car, so he was literally fleeing the scene.

But in any case, when Cop tells you to stop - you stop. End of story... anything else will result in arrest. And you can talk to the Judge and tell them "you didnt do anything".
Old 08-06-12, 07:47 PM
pavelekPL
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
in what country in the world can you run from the cops telling you to stop and they just email you the ticket? What?

First of all, I dont want to live in that country. If cops dont have enough authority to pull someone over, how do you think they will be able to protect you?

And now as GFerg noticed, they were probably going to impound the car, so he was literally fleeing the scene.

But in any case, when Cop tells you to stop - you stop. End of story... anything else will result in arrest. And you can talk to the Judge and tell them "you didnt do anything".
you totally misunderstood my point. The cop proved to be an idiot by putting himself intentionally in danger over a parking violation. And as to GFerg's observation - yes the guy could get a ticket for missing front plates(gl putting front plates on 458), but impounded? on what ground?
I know that most of people here will be defending the cop, I'd would too but he should take some blame for the incident as well. Was he expecting to receive a medal for bravery by sticking his feet in front of the tire?
Old 08-06-12, 08:14 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

@ Spywolf, we have redlight traffic cameras that photo red light runners here and folks get tickets in the mail for that. I fail to see how this could have been any different.
Old 08-06-12, 08:19 PM
ceo2be
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jewcano
@ Spywolf, we have redlight traffic cameras that photo red light runners here and folks get tickets in the mail for that. I fail to see how this could have been any different.
uhhhhh...one is a thing and the other is a person. How can you even compare the two?

Old 08-06-12, 10:08 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts

Doesn't happen very often, but I find myself in full agreement with Och on this one.
Old 08-07-12, 12:23 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ceo2be
uhhhhh...one is a thing and the other is a person. How can you even compare the two?
Well its quite easy.....what is the cop doing that's any different from that traffic light......both issue tickets, while one can be doing more productive things like actually protecting the public.....

So no, this isn't facepalm material, but your reply on the other hand is.
Old 08-07-12, 02:11 AM
Stormwind
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well its quite easy.....what is the cop doing that's any different from that traffic light......both issue tickets, while one can be doing more productive things like actually protecting the public.....

Good luck commiting a crime and try to run away from police, no cop is going to stand there and let you run off.
Old 08-07-12, 03:41 AM
ceo2be
Rookie

Originally Posted by Stormwind
Good luck commiting a crime and try to run away from police, no cop is going to stand there and let you run off.
It's OK to run away, like others have said here, they will let you run off because they have your info so they will mail you the ticket.
Old 08-07-12, 03:45 AM
ceo2be
Rookie

Geee....some people just don't get it...The light...ahhh forget it.
Old 08-07-12, 05:36 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

some people say the driver was an idiot
some people say the driver and the cop were idiots

i don't think there's much disagreement here.
Old 08-07-12, 06:41 AM
Megafast13
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

LOL at people who are jealous of the police officer's power.
Old 08-07-12, 07:08 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Please take videos of yourselves directly disobeying police officers and just driving away from them with no consequences. You guys kill me with the computer tough talk.

NYC does not mail parking tickets. You drive away, you usually end up arrested with additional charges.

Car is on the street with NYC tags and no registration information = impound in NYC. Car can NOT be on NYC street or driven without valid registration sticker.

No Standing Zone = RED parking sign = Tow Truck

He didn't intentionally place his foot in front of the tire, he stepped in front of the car to let the driver know he was not free to leave until the ticket is finished. Looks like he took it for granted that because of the value of the car, the driver could afford the ticket and there was no thought given to the possibility that this idiot would drive away (yes, cops fault but still drivers stupidity and illegal so cop wins). He should have and could have arrested the idiot when he tried to ****** his ticketbook out of his hand (wasn't caught on film but was what caused the guy to start filiming in the first place).

Pretty sure he had a fun night in lockup at the precinct. Hope it was worth it.

Stephanie Pratt stars in an MTV reality show, but her boyfriend stole the show Saturday night, driving over the foot of a cop who tried to ticket his illegally-parked, six-figure Ferrari.

Pratt’s prosperous paramour, Julien Chabbott, 28, of Chelsea, was outraged when he spotted cops about to ticket his $257,000 Ferrari 458 Spider, in a no-standing zone in front of SoHo’s posh Mercer Hotel about 6:15 p.m.

Car enthusiast Damian Morys, 17, of Fresh Meadows, Queens, was admiring the Spider when he saw the confrontation and started filming.

In Morys’ version of “Men Behaving Badly,” Chabbott is seen sliding behind the wheel and attempting to drive away.

“I couldn’t believe it,” Morys said. “He can afford a $300,000 Ferrari; he should have just taken the ticket.”

The cop tried to block the fleeing Ferrari, but Chabbott apparently rolled over the officer’s foot.

The irate gumshoe slammed his hand on the window, shouting, “You run down my f------ foot!”

The cop then yanked Chabbott from the car and slammed him on to the trunk. Chabbott fell to the ground as the cop’s partner held one of his legs in the air and the injured cop slapped cuffs on him.

Police say that before the amateur began filming, Chabbott grabbed the ticket book from the cop and ignored orders to stay on the sidewalk.

Pratt, who stars on MTV’s “The Hills,” is seen on the video watching, then riding away in the car, driven by a friend.

Chabbott was illegally parked and the Spider had no registration or inspection stickers displayed. The car also lacked a front license plate. He was charged with assault, vehicular assault, obstructing governmental administration and disorderly conduct.

The cop was treated for an injured left foot and right hand and released from Bellevue Hospital.
A rich playboy in a red Ferrari ran over the thin blue line yesterday as his reality-star girlfriend looked on.

Internet entrepreneur Julien Chabbott, 28, was arrested after he allegedly used his $260,000 luxury Spider to run over the foot of a cop writing him a ticket outside the tony Mercer hotel in SoHo yesterday, police sources said.

The escapade was captured on video by onlookers and posted on Youtube .

Chabbott’s gal pal, Stephanie Pratt, 26, of MTV’s “The Hills” fame, watched the ruckus. She retrieved some items from the Ferrari once the incident was over, then left.

“Maybe it was just his ego or his attitude, but he should have just taken the ticket instead of causing a scene like he did,” said Damian Morys, 17, who filmed the sports-car showdown.

“She’s pretty hot,” the Queens teen said. “I’m going to ask her if I can drive the Ferrari.”

Chabbott -- who started a social media business called “Line Snob” that gives information on wait times -- was charged with assault, vehicular assault, disorderly conduct and obstruction of governmental administration.

Chabbot had parked outside the tony hotel The Mercer on Saturday at about 6 p.m. when a police officer approached and began to write him summonses for parking in a no-parking zone and failing to have a registration or inspection sticker, police sources said.

Chabbott then tried to grab the officer’s memo book -- and even got into the Ferrari after the cop told him not to, the sources said.

Once Chabbott got into his car, he inched the vehicle forward while the cop said, “Stop, stop!” After Chabbott ran over the cop’s foot, the officer hit the driver-side window and yelled, “You ran down my f---ing foot!”

The cop then yanked the door open, pulled Chabbott out by his purple cardigan and threw him up onto the vehicle’s trunk.

“Assault a f---ing officer?” the officer bellowed as his partner came to help, and the two of them cuffed Chabbott face-down on the street.

“The kid should have taken a ticket, and the cop was very violent,” said a merchant who watched the arrest. “I think they’re both schnooks.”

A police source said the cop suffered injuries to his left hand and right foot. He can be seen limping in the video.

Chabbott lives on West 23rd Street in Manhattan. This is his only arrest, a police source said. Pratt stopped by his pad last night but refused to answer a reporter’s questions about the incident.

After graduating from Babson College in Massachusetts in 2006, Chabbott began work at his family’s import-export business, according to Entrepreneur magazine.

Pratt is the younger sister of reality-star bad-boy Spencer Pratt.

She once stripped naked for PETA and has spoken to interviewers about her battle with bulimia.

A representative for Stephanie Pratt also did not respond to messages and e-mails.

The Ferrari -- which suffered several scratches on a driver-side panel -- was impounded as arrest evidence.
What is there to defend?
Old 08-07-12, 07:30 AM
Megafast13
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, also this guy is one of the douche's from The Hills MTV show. TOOL

Quick Reply: Douche in a Ferrari almost runs over a cop