Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Douche in a Ferrari almost runs over a cop

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-12, 09:07 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by grabber2
I agree top this comment. I live in NYC & I hear & saw **** like this everyday.

This cop is a A-hole for writing a ticket in a valet space, hes probably saw this dude coming out of the car & is very very jealous. However, this dude was also stupid to try to move his car, cuz a $100 ticket is like few buck to him.

my prediction to the result:

This A-hole cop will apply for medical leave for few month & the NYPD will file charge "assaulting a officer" against this guy. Trust me, the NYPD will do it. They don't care about it since the City is one responsible for any law suit.

This guy will not be found guilty for the assault.........but he will probably spend $50k for attorney fees.
In case no one read the news report just one post above, the dude plead not guilty already to numerous charges and the cop is out on "injury leave". He was stopped in a no standing zone. Clearly that does not mean "valet parking"
Old 08-07-12, 11:57 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormwind
Good luck commiting a crime and try to run away from police, no cop is going to stand there and let you run off.
My point was simple. If a red light camera snaps a pic of your car running a red light, you're 'breaking the law'. It takes a pic of your plate and you receive a ticket. I fail to see the difference between a camera getting your info and sending you a ticket and a physical officer hand writing a ticket obtaining the same information and handing one in person.

I was just trying to say it should be an alternative for SMALLER infractions. If it's a small infraction, I don't see the need to even be there to cause a situation. Grab the plate number, punch it into the computer, snap a photo of the infraction, and upload it to the computer, punch in the infraction committed, and click send. Computer automatically generates a ticket based on what the driver did wrong. Minimal interaction between the officer and the person. That might not be how they do it now, but I think it's a safer less risky way of giving tickets.
Old 08-07-12, 12:16 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lKwk...yer_detailpage

Money don't buy class or common sense. I hope they beat the living crap out of him once he's booked.
Originally Posted by joedaddy1
why do you hope that they beat the living crap out of him? he acted in a stupid way, but i don't feel like he should get his *** beat.. maybe a high fine to help with the city's finances? (he's rich and all)
The cop is an idiot. 'nuf said.
Old 08-07-12, 12:17 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
Please take videos of yourselves directly disobeying police officers and just driving away from them with no consequences. You guys kill me with the computer tough talk.

NYC does not mail parking tickets. You drive away, you usually end up arrested with additional charges.

Car is on the street with NYC tags and no registration information = impound in NYC. Car can NOT be on NYC street or driven without valid registration sticker.

No Standing Zone = RED parking sign = Tow Truck

He didn't intentionally place his foot in front of the tire, he stepped in front of the car to let the driver know he was not free to leave until the ticket is finished. Looks like he took it for granted that because of the value of the car, the driver could afford the ticket and there was no thought given to the possibility that this idiot would drive away (yes, cops fault but still drivers stupidity and illegal so cop wins). He should have and could have arrested the idiot when he tried to ****** his ticketbook out of his hand (wasn't caught on film but was what caused the guy to start filiming in the first place).

Pretty sure he had a fun night in lockup at the precinct. Hope it was worth it.

What is there to defend?
Agree 1 million percent....
Old 08-07-12, 02:43 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

most of the NYPD are A-HOLE, but that rich kid was stupid enough to run over the cop foot, maybe he did know the cop foot under the wheel, maybe the stupid kid didn't get what he want in the hotel and got **** and put all that anger on the cop lol
Old 08-07-12, 09:12 PM
meangene4
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looking at the video I don't see any part where the cop got his foot ran over.....
Old 08-07-12, 10:15 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Ahhhh they could have at least towed the car away no need to beat the guy he got arrested. But i woulda towed it away for being a jerk... He was basically tellin the cop he aint *****
Old 08-08-12, 01:32 AM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The cop think he's in Hollywood. What a crappy acting job. How does all of a sudden at 27 seconds he claims his foot got ran over when at 25 seconds he tells the driver to stop and he didn't move one inch. If his foot got really run over and judging by the pain he was suffering, he wouldn't be able to just pull his foot out with no effort. I call BS and the cop should have some pictures/ x-ray to prove that his foot is in fact injured before he collects worker's comp.

With that said, in California, I could be getting a parking ticket and just drive off if I wanted to. Like what everyone said, both are idiots but the cop is more of a idiot IMO for escalating such a minor infraction.
Old 08-08-12, 05:29 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by smokyis350
both are idiots but the cop is more of a idiot IMO for escalating such a minor infraction.
oh, the police officer escalated it?? LOL
Old 08-08-12, 06:25 AM
John2GS430
Driver School Candidate

Old 08-08-12, 06:30 AM
ceo2be
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smokyis350
The cop think he's in Hollywood. What a crappy acting job. How does all of a sudden at 27 seconds he claims his foot got ran over when at 25 seconds he tells the driver to stop and he didn't move one inch. If his foot got really run over and judging by the pain he was suffering, he wouldn't be able to just pull his foot out with no effort. I call BS and the cop should have some pictures/ x-ray to prove that his foot is in fact injured before he collects worker's comp.

With that said, in California, I could be getting a parking ticket and just drive off if I wanted to. Like what everyone said, both are idiots but the cop is more of a idiot IMO for escalating such a minor infraction.
So in California, if a cops is giving you a parking ticket, you can just drive off? I didn't know that.
Old 08-08-12, 06:39 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

All NYC cops are arrogant, b/c they deal with a bunch of douches all day. NYC isn't exactly Oldfartville, FL - Its a rough city, and once you're out even to Nassau county, the cops are a lot friendlier. This particular cop, by NYC standards, was very decent, and the jerk in the Ferrari got himself exactly what he deserved. I'm surprised it even took that long before he got arrested. NYC has adopted a very tough policy when it comes to assaulting meter maids, never mind police officers. Ripping the ticket book from the officers hands, disobeying his orders, and almost running the officer over - the officer was more than patient. I had a friend that was arrested and spent a night at central booking just for cursing out a ticket maid. This particular jerk needs to get the snobiness beat out of him by big Bubba Johnson once he's locked up.
Old 08-08-12, 08:07 AM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Im always shocked at some folks position on things, maybe they are just trying to play devil's advocate. I don't always agree with cops, but lets face it, on the street they have the power(well, not really power authority) Like others have mentioned the cop was not "harming" the vechicle no need to move it at all. Take the ticket or whatever and settle it in court. I don't understand how this could have ended any other way with the driver's stupidity. If a cop jumps infront of you and you even nudge him, that gonna get you in trouble and if there aren't cameras around a good *** kicking. You will hear "A lot of stop resisting!" and "I'm not!"
As far as the cop getting sued for the car, if it is found that the driver was using in the car in the act of committing a crime, then he will not be successful in that matter. Most judges are sympathic with police officers in the field. Especially since based on the video it wasn't the cop escalating the situation it was the driver.
How many folks sue the cops for using the P.I.T move on them as they are trying to get away?
Attached Thumbnails Douche in a Ferrari almost runs over a cop-common-sense.jpg  
Old 08-08-12, 08:12 AM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

This is looking more like a candidate for the debate forum than the car chat.
Old 08-08-12, 12:39 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bagwell
oh, the police officer escalated it?? LOL
Why don't you read what I wrote in the previous paragraph. Look at how all of a sudden he says his foot got run over when for 2 seconds, the car didn't even move one bit when he told the driver to stop.

Originally Posted by ceo2be
So in California, if a cops is giving you a parking ticket, you can just drive off? I didn't know that.
Yes. All they do is just mail the parking ticket to your address. The actual ticket is useless.

Quick Reply: Douche in a Ferrari almost runs over a cop