Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Douche in a Ferrari almost runs over a cop

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-12, 04:47 PM
Ap1_Alan
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Not defending the Ferrari driver, his actions were dumb. But I dont see where the cop ever gets his foot run over. He moves his foot a couple times.

Also, the lawyers say they have proof he didn't have any injuries. Even if he did get his foot run over, I believe this. I've had my foot run over in my driveway once and it didn't hurt at all.

If the $10m lawsuit story is accurate, it's a sleazy move on the cops part and he's probably breaking some laws by filing it based on fake injuries
Old 08-22-12, 04:51 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by grabber2
Not sure if you really read the story, this car was parked in front of a hotel valet space........ I don't support any d-bag, this dude acted stupid. When d-bag meet scum NYPD, this is exactly what happen. I'm not sure why you support this scammer cop..... how do you feel when a cop gave you a ticket in a hotel valet
Not sure if YOU really read the story, but there really is no such thing as hotel valet parking spaces on the streets in New York... The car can't be left unattended at the minimum, and there may be laws against that too... Street signs supercede what the hotel attempts to do... Douche in the Ferrari, all he had to do was take 2 seconds to grow up, take the ticket like a man and either complain to the hotel manager who probably would have paid the fine, or pay it himself, its not like he doesn't have the cash... to be honest, I hope the cop wins even though he doesn't deserve that much money, will hopefully teach the kid a little respect...
Old 08-22-12, 09:31 PM
grabber2
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by mitsuguy
Not sure if YOU really read the story, but there really is no such thing as hotel valet parking spaces on the streets in New York... The car can't be left unattended at the minimum, and there may be laws against that too... Street signs supercede what the hotel attempts to do... Douche in the Ferrari, all he had to do was take 2 seconds to grow up, take the ticket like a man and either complain to the hotel manager who probably would have paid the fine, or pay it himself, its not like he doesn't have the cash... to be honest, I hope the cop wins even though he doesn't deserve that much money, will hopefully teach the kid a little respect...
OK...its actually called "Hotel loading zone" which is also a hotel valet zone.

Whether not this dude drive a Ferrari or a Honda, why would this cop want to issue a ticket on a Hotel zone. Unless the hotel reports to them its was not authorize or not belong to their customer.
Its true that cop can write ticket when ever they want as the driver can always fight it at court. However, this PD is such an idiot. You expect people to respect NYPD like this.....no way. I have pay enough tax and I don't want to get rob by the NYPD anymore.

We had obey the law too well that cop are now taking advantage of our honesty. Very often, they liar about their action and press charge for assaulting NYPD even if they hit you. I had personally witness & experience the nasty side of NYPD.
Attached Thumbnails Douche in a Ferrari almost runs over a cop-hotel-loading-zone-2.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by grabber2; 08-22-12 at 09:50 PM.
Old 08-22-12, 09:35 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the police is suing for 10 million dollars? Who is the douchebag now?
Old 08-22-12, 09:55 PM
anthrax144
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smokyis350
So the police is suing for 10 million dollars? Who is the douchebag now?
Still the d-bag in the Ferrari. While I don't agree with the officer suing (not even sure he can for injuries occurred in the line of duty, idk), it doesn't change the fact that the driver ignored the officer and then tried to drive off while the officer was writing a ticket. If the officer doesn't deserve the $10 mill (he doesn't but not my call) it will either get thrown out in court (the same as the parking ticket would have) or the jury will decide yes or no. That's what the court system is for. I suppose he could take it into his own hands, like the driver did, and head to the d-bag Ferrari owner's house and settle things on his own.
Old 08-23-12, 12:50 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Originally Posted by grabber2
OK...its actually called "Hotel loading zone" which is also a hotel valet zone.

Whether not this dude drive a Ferrari or a Honda, why would this cop want to issue a ticket on a Hotel zone. Unless the hotel reports to them its was not authorize or not belong to their customer.
Its true that cop can write ticket when ever they want as the driver can always fight it at court. However, this PD is such an idiot. You expect people to respect NYPD like this.....no way. I have pay enough tax and I don't want to get rob by the NYPD anymore.

We had obey the law too well that cop are now taking advantage of our honesty. Very often, they liar about their action and press charge for assaulting NYPD even if they hit you. I had personally witness & experience the nasty side of NYPD.
You should familiarize yourself with the laws, might prevent this from happening to you.... Loading zone is just that, for loading and unloading. The sign you posted says it all NO STANDING, which means you can't even sit in the car running unless you are actively loading or unloading stuff... it is not a valet, a valet attendant can't leave it there for any period of time, literally only long enough to hand you the keys and you drive off...

http://www.ehow.com/list_6608700_new-unloading-hotel-loading-zone.html
Old 08-23-12, 12:55 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

I guess I should add that we are talking about $120 at worst... Seriously, is it worth it? Take your parking ticket like a man, not a little girl, and deal with it the right way... People say cops think they feel empowered, well, that's part of the job, this douche thinks he is empowered because he came up with some apps or something and drives a Ferrari... Seriously, you all are standing up for the Guy in the Ferrari? Do you hate cops that bad that you are blinded by it?

Last edited by mitsuguy; 08-23-12 at 04:21 AM.