Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Douche in a Ferrari almost runs over a cop

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-12, 07:43 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Douche in a Ferrari almost runs over a cop

Money don't buy class or common sense. I hope they beat the living crap out of him once he's booked.
Old 08-05-12, 07:48 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 191 Likes on 148 Posts

why do you hope that they beat the living crap out of him? he acted in a stupid way, but i don't feel like he should get his *** beat.. maybe a high fine to help with the city's finances? (he's rich and all)
Old 08-05-12, 07:49 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

well i hope they dont beat him up, thats just going to make them same as him, but hopefully he gets nice judge.
what an idiot.
Old 08-05-12, 07:50 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by joedaddy1
why do you hope that they beat the living crap out of him? he acted in a stupid way, but i don't feel like he should get his *** beat.. maybe a high fine to help with the city's finances? (he's rich and all)
since he run over the cops foot, hopefully he doesnt get just a fine... i know i wouldnt get just a fine.
Old 08-05-12, 07:53 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 733 Likes on 505 Posts

Over-entitled douche sounds about right
Old 08-05-12, 07:55 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

boy needs to buy some common sense
Old 08-05-12, 08:17 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

F that cop, sorry no simply for him at all. Had his chance to say something to the owner of the car rather then stand there like a pompous ***** because he holds a badge. A decent cop would have stopped him and said sir Im writing you a parking ticket or no front plate ticket. He never had his foot under the wheel, car didnt move but yet he got his foot out? lmao...I know we NEVER see cops beat the **** out of people and over react or use that dam badge to their advantage. Guy needs to go after the cop and the city and make sure his car is fixed.
Old 08-05-12, 08:54 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The kid with a Ferrari goes to court, wins an undisclosed amount, rich people walk away with even more money, cops continue to cost the city money
Old 08-05-12, 09:35 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
I hope they beat the living crap out of him once he's booked.
just like they do in russia?

two sides to every story, and i predict the driver will sue the police and win.

did you guys read the video description?

... the car was parked in a hotels valet zone and the hotel valet had the keys, I myself don't understand why the cop was giving him the ticket, it was approved by the hotel that the car was parked there.
i do agree he shouldn't have tried to drive away though, but the cop was truly an a-hole too.
Old 08-05-12, 09:49 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bitkahuna

I predict exactly the opposite. You touch a pedestrian with your car accidentally, and its enough for the pedestrian to sue you and collect substantial money from you. In this case the pedestrian was an on duty officer, and he tried to run him over on purpose - clearly an assault. There was some black dude in NYC that got shot to death for this by cops.

... the car was parked in a hotels valet zone and the hotel valet had the keys, I myself don't understand why the cop was giving him the ticket, it was approved by the hotel that the car was parked there.

i do agree he shouldn't have tried to drive away though, but the cop was truly an a-hole too.
You're clearly not familiar with NYC parking laws. Hotel can't approve anyone to be parked in their valet zone, street parking rules still apply to it, and you can't leave your vehicle there unattended. If the hotel valets left it there, he can make the hotel pay his ticket, but trying to run over the cop got him exactly what he deserved.
Old 08-05-12, 11:11 PM
Stormwind
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This video proves one thing...NY is such a miserable place to be just look at how crowed that street is and that traffic makes driving any car a pain. I am just glad to be in west coast.
Old 08-05-12, 11:14 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

he didnt run over the cops foot. That cop is exaggerating and so is the title of this thread. He pulled his foot out pretty damn easy. The owner had the car parked in valet. The valet people parked the car their so when he saw the cop he wanted to move the car. Im not saying he should have tried to move the car but that stupid *** cop totally exaggerated and then abused his power. He is a typical NYC cop. This was originally recorded by Jason Thorgalsen ( auto photographer ) to show how the cop over reacted, not to show someone run over a cop.

Last edited by I8ABMR; 08-05-12 at 11:26 PM.
Old 08-06-12, 12:10 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the cop overreacted to this as well. Hey, you are the cop, you are the boss.
Old 08-06-12, 05:41 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

yes--2 sides to every story: "Officer, I'm parked in the valet zone--why are you writing me a ticket?" Maybe a better approach than running over his foot trying to show him up...
Old 08-06-12, 06:24 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Heh. Can believe everyone is defending the douche in the Ferrari and blaming the cop. If it was some poor black guy in an old Caddy, I bet responses would be different.

Quick Reply: Douche in a Ferrari almost runs over a cop