Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Is Mercedes Benz really this shrewd and Dangerous

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-12, 07:12 AM
stanjohn12
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Is Mercedes Benz really this shrewd and Dangerous

I just read recently about an ex-dealer of Mercedes Benz coming out against MB accusing them of various amount of malpractices. From the website you can see how low (dirty deep) MB stoops to cover up their car's problems.

If a car has problems , a manufacturer must claim it openly and work on a re-call but it seems MB does not do it. I personally know of 2 people who died after their E- class crashed a few years back. It could have never been the driver's fault, might have really been that the electronics failed and the air bags failed to deploy. I also know how horrible MB car's are from 2000- 2010. They suck so bad, it make's a Lancia look very reliable.

Either ways this is one shocking news to be heard about MB. The dealer in question is also not doing it because he was ousted. But he has been fighting with MB for quite some time to stop this malpractice. He is a reputed dealer and has been in the business for nearly 80 years.

Check out the link below

http://thetruthaboutmercedes.com/home.html
Old 08-16-12, 07:20 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Is this a purported international safety issue? Or a case-by-case issue?

I mean, if it's widespread, we'd hear about it moreso than Toyota's "unintended acceleration" issue...
Old 08-16-12, 07:29 AM
stanjohn12
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

This issue has just come up in India. But I do not think that this news will reach the headlines due to the laxative policies of the Indian govt. w.r.t the car industry and the financial might of MB, also most websites and news channels get huge revenues from MB's advertisements. So it's highly unlikely that this news will ever come out of India through the media.

What perplexes me is how come no one in US has ever had a similar issue with MB. I'm sure MB has never topped any reliability or customer satisfaction survey's for the past 11-12 years so definitely their car's do have some serious problems.