Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

"Autoline" interview with 2013 Avalon Chief Engineer

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-12, 04:48 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 84Cressida
You do realize bumper covers on all cars today are thin plastic. There is nothing wrong with the "bumper engineer"...
You got to be kidding me.
The day Toyota sells me that cover for 50cents is the day i will stop calling it a problem with their design.
Old 10-05-12, 05:58 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,273 Likes on 1,380 Posts

chikoo, this thread is about the Avalon, not Camry bumper flutter.

You have made your observations, concerns and opinions known now lets get this thread back on topic please.
Old 10-05-12, 07:13 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree Dave that this thread is not about the Camry, but the Avalon.
But at the same time this was a Toyota Chief Engineer "bragging" or should I say showing his passion for design, and I believe it was the appropriate forum to bring up the engineering issues that Toyota has under the new aggressive design approach. I am not discussing the Camry, but the Toyota engineering in general. I even brought the Toyota highlander into the discussion to advance that point. I pointed it out, and left it at that. I am not going on and on and on about it. Hope you understand where I am coming from and where I am headed.

Thanks!
Old 10-05-12, 07:46 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,441 Likes on 1,601 Posts

Originally Posted by chikoo
I am not discussing the Camry, but the Toyota engineering in general. I even brought the Toyota highlander into the discussion to advance that point. I pointed it out, and left it at that. I am not going on and on and on about it. Hope you understand where I am coming from and where I am headed.
appreciate the input, but discussion about 'toyota engineering in general', Camry, Highlander, should go in another thread.
Old 10-05-12, 08:09 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,273 Likes on 1,380 Posts

Originally Posted by chikoo
I agree Dave that this thread is not about the Camry, but the Avalon.
But at the same time this was a Toyota Chief Engineer "bragging" or should I say showing his passion for design, and I believe it was the appropriate forum to bring up the engineering issues that Toyota has under the new aggressive design approach. I am not discussing the Camry, but the Toyota engineering in general. I even brought the Toyota highlander into the discussion to advance that point. I pointed it out, and left it at that. I am not going on and on and on about it. Hope you understand where I am coming from and where I am headed.

Thanks!
Highlander <> Avalon. As I stated, my concern is that you have made your point in spades and are now beating a dead horse. It has become argumentative and not constructive.

Let's move on from it please, pm me if you want to discuss further.