Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LF-CC Paris Motor Show

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-12, 09:35 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
Im lost, can someone explain. The press release states that "LF-CC a mid-size coupe concept previewing future Lexus vehicles in the D-premium segment."

So does that mean the LF-CC is a preview of a GS coupe / SC successor and not an IS coupe as originally thought?
D-segment in Europe = IS/C class/3 series
E-segment = GS/E class/5 series
F-segment = LS/S class/7 series

PS :

The new photos showing the brown metallic paint and red interior is gorgeous!

Last edited by natnut; 09-27-12 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-27-12, 01:11 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm surprised that this thread isn't going nutz-o. Where's the hype, people? IMO we should have 20 more pages of comments by the end of the day...
Live Video from Paris show the beautiful proportions are production ready (AutoExpress)
CNet:
(Apologies if someone already posted any of this)
Interior stills: http://www.engadget.com/photos/lexus-lf-cc-1/#5318095
Old 09-27-12, 02:29 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by natnut
D-segment in Europe = IS/C class/3 series
E-segment = GS/E class/5 series
F-segment = LS/S class/7 series

PS :

The new photos showing the brown metallic paint and red interior is gorgeous!
Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up.

Originally Posted by NewSpace
I'm surprised that this thread isn't going nutz-o. Where's the hype, people? IMO we should have 20 more pages of comments by the end of the day...]
I guess because there wasn't much info released during the unveiling, so people are like meh...
Old 09-27-12, 02:41 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Lexus LF-CC Concept: This is What an IS Coupe May Look Like

If you have not noticed, Lexus doesn't have a coupe model for the masses. The LFA is a technical tour-de-force, but it comes with a ridiculous price tag and a production run of only 500 units, making it essentially a halo car that displays the brand’s capabilities. The only other two-door model is the IS CC, which is a hardtop convertible.

Now this space will be filled with the production version of the LF-CC concept that premiered at the Paris Auto Show.

Building on the very positive reaction that the LF-LC received at January’s Detroit Motor Show, the LF-CC is a more down-to-earth, almost production-ready model, that will inspire a coupe version of the next IS series to compete against the BMW 3/4 Series Coupe.

The front-engined, rear-wheel drive concept also features a hybrid powertrain, which according to the company, will eventually power other models, too.

It consists of a 2.5-liter four-cylinder with direct injection that operates on the more efficient Atkinson cycle, a compact electric motor, a generator, a battery, a power split device and a central control unit that manages the internal combustion engine-electric motor-battery operation modes.

Although Lexus says that the LF-CC’s CO2 emissions are less than 100 g/km, it keeps mum about its output and performance figures. It only says that it will produce “more than 2HP for every gram of CO2”, which is a little vague but points at 200HP or even more.

The LF-CC is 4,660 mm (183.5 inches) long, 1,840 mm (72.4 inches) wide, 1,375 mm (54.1 inches) tall and sits on a 2,730 mm (107.5-inch) wheelbase.

Therefore, even though the overall shape and proportions have caused speculation of the new Lexus coupe being based on the Toyota 86/Scion FR-S, it is actually considerably larger in all dimensions.

The suspension sports double wishbones up front and a multi-link rear arrangement at the rear, with the car rolling on 20-inch wheels wrapped in 245/35 on the front axle and 285/30 at the rear.

Lexus designers have a winner in their hands, as the Detroit concept has proved. Even though it’s less futuristic, the LF-CC doesn’t stray away from this car featuring taut, muscular lines which, along with the most aggressive interpretation yet of the brand’s “spindle” grille, create an impressive shape.

The interior has clearly been inspired by the LFA, with the steering wheel, instrument panel and layout of the dashboard borrowing several elements from the Lexus supercar.

An image gallery as well as a new video of the LF-CC follow right after the break.

By Andrew Tsaousis
http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/09...s-what-is.html

Last edited by Vh_Supra26; 09-27-12 at 02:55 PM.
Old 09-27-12, 03:19 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

16 pages not enough hype for u?
eveyrones waiting for the production model. dont worry we are all on the edge of our seats waiting (im)patiently
Old 09-27-12, 03:26 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Straight from France (in French): http://videos.tf1.fr/auto-moto/le-le...n-7552046.html
Old 09-27-12, 03:32 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Love the new pictures

Originally Posted by ndk83
16 pages not enough hype for u?
eveyrones waiting for the production model. dont worry we are all on the edge of our seats waiting (im)patiently
I agree. I'm on the edge too.
I'm trying to keep an open mind (only b/c I was disappointed in the back end of the GS production version after seeing the concept version).
Old 09-27-12, 03:47 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

I wonder how long it will take for certain RX450h owning member to tell us how he hates the simple doors (interior) :-).
Old 09-27-12, 03:55 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

the pics that VH_supra just posted are absolutely stunning. Every line on this car is beautiful, i love how sculptured ithe front and rear end is. I love how that rear tire intake swoops up the tail light. Lexus really did "create amazing". There isnt an ugly feature on this car (Except maybe the wheels)
Too bad they will water this down for the production model.
Old 09-27-12, 03:56 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Lexus LF-CC Live Photos And Design Video: 2012 Paris Auto Show

Following the warm reception for Lexus’ LF-LC 2+2 hybrid sport coupe concept, launched at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show, Lexus is showing its LF-CC mid-sized coupe concept at the Paris Auto Show.

Power for the LF-CC comes from a 2.5-liter, four-cylinder engine mated to a water-cooled electric motor. The full-hybrid drivetrain is meant to deliver an optimum blend of performance and fuel economy, though Lexus isn’t publishing any specifics just yet.

In keeping with the family theme, the LF-CC shares numerous design cues with the LF-LC, including a dramatic interpretation of the now-familiar Lexus spindle grille. In the LF-CC, the grille mesh is offset by a metallic surround, giving it more of a three-dimensional effect.

Headlights feature a unique three-LED projector design, while separate daytime running lights are integrated into the upper bumper. Lower front fenders, along with the front fascia, are shaped to increase airflow (as well as giving the LF-CC its distinctive appearance).

From the side, the LF-CC presents a steeply-raked windshield and a roof that crests towards the rear of the car, in order to emphasize the LF-CC’s rear-drive layout. In the rear, the LF-CC ‘s wide bumper is meant to further accentuate the car’s athletic stance.

Inside, the cabin is meant to represent the “progressive luxury” of future Lexus models, with a dashboard that’s divided into a “Display Zone” and an “Operation Zone.” Enhancing the sporty nature of the car, the driver sits low in the cockpit and benefits from a sport steering wheel and optimized pedal placement.

Not only does the LF-CC gives us an indication of the design direction for the next Lexus IS, word is that the stylish hybrid coupe has already been approved for production.
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...aris-auto-show
Old 09-27-12, 10:49 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I am liking this concept more and more the more pics I see of it, very sharp looking coupe though I am concerned with how much it will be toned down for production, the GS had a nice looking aggressive concept design but what ended up making production was not as good looking. I hope they keep more from this design to production this time. I like the rear too, don't see any issues with it.
Old 09-28-12, 06:14 AM
LexFather

Fawk....GS F....Coupe..IS.... they tryna make me buy 3 cars next year?

(revises budget)

Old 09-28-12, 06:51 AM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Fawk....GS F....Coupe..IS.... they tryna make me buy 3 cars next year?

(revises budget)
GS-F next year? ......
Old 09-28-12, 07:27 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default The Lexus LF-CC: Next-Generation IS or GS Coupe?

Ever since the Lexus LF-CC was announced, there’s been confusion about what production model it will eventually transform into — more to the point, is it the next-generation IS or a GS coupe?

The uncertainty started with the original press release, which referred to the concept as a mid-size coupe (GS-size), only to suggest it will also be part of the European D-premium segment (IS-size).

Normally, this mystery could be solved by consulting the vehicle dimensions — today, the first-known specifications of the LF-CC were published on the Lexus Global website:

Most of these numbers match closely with the current-generation IS (the LF-CC is 70mm/2.7″ longer, but has an identical wheelbase), except for one difference — the LF-CC width is exactly the same as the current fourth-generation GS. Still, this discrepancy can be explained — the previous GS & current IS shared the same width, so it makes sense that the new IS would mirror the increase of the new GS.

This comparison-by-number backs up the theory that the LF-CC is a precursor to a next-generation IS coupe — however, during today’s introduction of the concept at the Paris Motor Show, Lexus Europe director Paul Van der Burgh used some curious phrasing:

The design direction inspired by LF-CC will be applied to future Lexus vehicles in the D-premium segment and you won’t have to wait very long before seeing the first production vehicle.

Moreover, we can also confirm that Lexus is developing a rear-wheel-drive mid-size coupe, to be launched in the near future.

In the first part of the quote, Van der Burgh stresses that the LF-CC styling will be applied to a D-premium segment vehicle — obviously the IS — but makes no mention that this vehicle will be offered as a coupe. Following this up, he then says that Lexus is developing a RWD mid-size coupe that will be launched “in the near future”, suggesting that there’s also a GS-sized coupe in the pipeline.

Take these two statements together, and the whole question changes — instead of wondering if the LF-CC is the next-generation IS or a GS coupe, what if it was both at the same time?
http://lexusenthusiast.com/2012/09/2...pe/#more-11801
Old 09-28-12, 08:09 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NewSpace
I'm surprised that this thread isn't going nutz-o. Where's the hype, people? IMO we should have 20 more pages of comments by the end of the day...
Personally, I am in anticipation mode but nutz-o.....no where near that. This is a concept car. We don't even know for sure its designation. Don't know the price. Don't know the date. Don't know the what power plant will be used or the power output. There's is no way I'd get nutz-o over this much uncertainty. But you're welcome to do that for us.

Quick Reply: Lexus LF-CC Paris Motor Show