Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LF-CC Paris Motor Show

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-12, 09:34 AM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by mordecai
Well according to the wiki, it means Lexus Fuji Apex. Are you saying it was origi ally something generic like "Lexus Future - A"?
I think it really means Lexus Fudging Awesome!!

...j/k
Old 10-24-12, 09:26 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus LF-CC Concept Heading to 2012 SEMA Show

It may not be the exquisite LF-LC Blue concept that just debuted in Australia, but Lexus will be heading to the 2012 SEMA Show with its LF-CC Coupe concept that was revealed last month at the 2012 Paris Motor Show.

The LF-CC Coupe concept will join the Lexus LFA Nurburgring Edition at this year’s show in Las Vegas, showing off its 2.5-liter, four-cylinder hybrid powertrain. The 2012 SEMA Show will be the North American debut of the Lexus LF-CC Concept.
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....ow-car-628.jpg
Old 10-24-12, 10:33 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what? thats it?
2.5L 4-banger + hybrid?

i expected more for this sporty looking coupe
Old 10-29-12, 03:30 PM
rogzballz
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My pictures from the show:

Old 11-07-12, 07:31 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Lexus Trademarks RC 350 for Upcoming Coupe

Lexus has trademarked RC 350 in Australia, which could hint at the very first details of the production coupe based on the LF-CC concept.

Let’s break down the name digit-by-digit:

R: While trying to guess what the R stands for is pure guesswork, it does provide one key detail — this new coupe will stand on its own as a separate model, and not be tied together with either the IS or GS.

C: No mystery here — C is for coupe.

350: The 3.5L 2GR-FSE V6 is a workhorse — the same engine from the IS 350 & GS 350 will be offered with this new coupe. This would also indicate a coupe based on the LF-CC and not the LF-LC — I don’t think the production LF-LC would be offered with a V6.

This discovery comes only days after NX 200t & NX 300h were discovered in North American and Australian trademark databases, and suggest that a massive expansion of the Lexus lineup over the next couple years.

(FYI: The RC 350 trademark was filed in Australia on November 2, 2012, under #1524186.)
http://lexusenthusiast.com/2012/11/0...pcoming-coupe/
Old 11-07-12, 01:33 PM
Trexus

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

RC could stand for Recreational Coupe. I would assume we'll get:

RC 300h (2.5L inline 4 hybrid)
RC 350 (3.5L V6 gas engine)
RC F (5.0L V8 gas engine)
Old 11-07-12, 02:54 PM
LexFather

^^ nice!!

I saw it at SEMA and its not as square as pics suggest. Very nice proportions and details. Front end is the toughest part for me.

Sorry for typos.. On phone as I'm scared to post from computer

Old 11-09-12, 10:58 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Two Coupe Lexus Plan Could Mark Brand’s Lithium-Ion Revolution

Compared to its German rivals the Lexus product portfolio doesn’t have much depth and lacks any vehicles with true sex appeal, though that’s about to change says marketing boss Brian Bolain.

When asked about the timing of the close rollout of two coupe concepts, the LF-CC and LF-LC, Bolain responded that the focus on two-doors is, “very intentional,” admitting that right now the company sees its absence in those segments as, “our biggest deficiency.”

While Bolain extolls the virtues of the Lexus brand, ranging from everything to quality and reliability, to customer service and luxuriously appointed interiors, he admits that two areas Lexus is currently lacking in are design and performance. “How do you quickly add an emotional element to a brand,” he asks? “With coupes.”

Commenting that since the SC was retired in 2010, apart from the lofty and limited LFA, Lexus has no coupe in its lineup. “We definitely have a void there today,” he says, commenting that without such a car (or cars) it’s “hard to be taken seriously from a performance perspective.”

Pointing towards the future, Bolain highlights the LF-CC and the LF-LC Concepts, the former a strong indication of the next-generation IS, as well as new coupe model that could wear the RC badge. As for the latter, if approved for production (which it’s all but certain to), it would sit at the upper scale of the Lexus brand, as a serious luxury and performance machine. In fact, Lexus recently announced it would be powered by a “next-generation” hybrid drivetrain capable of producing 500 hp.

How Lexus plans to achieve that output remains a mystery though the next-gen hybrid system could be one that finally makes the switch to more advanced lithium-ion technology, which produces more power from a smaller and lighter package. Bolain confirmed that the LF-LC isn’t yet confirmed for production, though the, “outcry has been tremendous.” Bolain also says that while Lexus has, “no timeline for the introduction of lithium ion,” the brand hopes to have it confirmed for when (and if) the LF-LC coupe makes it into production.

Two-door planning at Lexus does, however, stop with these two cars says Bolain. When asked if the Toyota luxury brand might consider an additional model, perhaps to compete with cars like the Mercedes SLK or BMW Z4, he commented that Lexus has no plans to, “flood the market with coupes.” If the LF-CC and LF-LC both make it to production, he says, “we’ve got good coverage.”
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...evolution.html
Old 11-30-12, 09:45 AM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Exclamation GreeenLit

While wandering the floor at this week's LA Auto Show, we had a bit of an epiphany at the Lexus stand. The traditionally stodgy Toyota premium outlet is really starting to come into its own in terms of exciting design. And not just with production models like the excellent new GS sedan. At the front of the display, a triangular formation of plinths was a feast for the eyes – the head was formed by the LFA Nurburgring Package supercar, flanked on either side by the company's outré LF-LC and LF-CC concept cars.

So consider it welcome news on our end that the LF-CC concept shown above has apparently been given the production green light, with a projected arrival by 2015. So says Autocar, which quotes an unnamed source at Lexus willing to confirm that a senior engineer has been tasked with the project. The British publication suggests that the production version of the 2012 Paris Motor Show star will probably be built in both coupe and convertible formats and ride atop the automaker's new modular rear-wheel drive architecture. Power is expected to be an evolution of the GS 350h's hybrid drivetrain.

In other news, that same shadowy source at Lexus has reportedly confirmed that the Japanese luxury brand is "seriously studying" offering a small SUV in the mold of the stylish Range Rover Evoque from Land Rover, though no further details are given. Lexus' own RX crossover range has long been a massive hit for the brand, leaving many industry analysts scratching their heads as to why the automaker hasn't already expanded its crossover offerings to include both larger and smaller formats.

Old 11-30-12, 10:04 AM
Carmaker1
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 56 Posts
Angry

I cannot believe Lexus! They are seriously not actually BARELY STARTING development of it? Why haven't or better yet, HOW have they NOT green-lighted this model already? Also, why 2015? That's nonsensical to be waiting 1.5-2 years after the IS introduction to put this on sale(yes, I know the ISC came 4 years after the 2IS). I expected that this was well under development and by now edging past mid-way, so that they would've at the latest had this on schedule for autumn 2014 or as early as Q4 2013. I am really hoping that something has gotten lost in translation between the interviewer/journalist and the "unnamed source". I was actually told to expect it to arrive not too long after the IS, which I took to be 2014 and now this. Something isn't right here. Considering 2015 being 2-3 years away, I'd say that the terminology of green-lighted might be referring to a final design freeze(see BMW).

Last edited by Carmaker1; 11-30-12 at 10:07 AM.
Old 11-30-12, 10:31 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

^ummm.... Having the coupe come out a year or so after the IS makes sense. Stagger the model releases. Remember, this will be its own model, NOT an "IS coupe" (the rumors say that ...)

If all the models come out at the same time the lineup will get stale after a few years. Keep it fresh!!
Old 11-30-12, 10:39 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Lexus LF-CC Approved for Production, Compact Crossover Under Consideration Read more

Autocar is reporting that a coupe based on the Lexus LF-CC has been approved for production:

First seen at the Paris show in September this year, the LF-CC is expected to morph into a showroom model by 2015.

Autocar understands that a senior Lexus engineer has been assigned to the project and serious work will start on the production engineering at the beginning of 2013.

The new sports model is likely to come in both cabrio and fixed-head forms and is thought to be based on the same rear-drive platform as the new IS and GS models, probably using the IS’s shorter wheelbase and the GS’s wider track.

This echoes details shared by Lexus International president Kiyotaka Ise in a news.com.au interview last month, although Ise-san did suggest that this new coupe would be released by 2014, not 2015. When released, it’s expected that the model will be named the Lexus RC.
Also mentioned is Lexus’s possible compact crossover:

The source also admitted that the company was seriously studying building a compact SUV similar in concept to Land Rover’s Evoque. However, the idea was ‘still being considered’ mainly because of the doubts that such a model would fit in with Lexus’s future direction.

While surprising that Lexus has yet to release a compact crossover, it’s hard to believe that the delay is due to the model being a poor fit — SUVs are not about to disappear from the lineup, and a smaller, sportier crossover is a natural extension of Lexus’s performance direction.

(More likely, the issue is cannibalizing sales of the more-expensive RX, which is the best selling Lexus model in the world.)
http://lexusenthusiast.com/
Old 11-30-12, 10:41 AM
Carmaker1
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
^ummm.... Having the coupe come out a year or so after the IS makes sense. Stagger the model releases. Remember, this will be its own model, NOT an "IS coupe" (the rumors say that ...)

If all the models come out at the same time the lineup will get stale after a few years. Keep it fresh!!
I never said anything was wrong with just a "year or so", as just a year or so would be late 2014. The 3IS comes out in June 2013, so a year from then is 2014. I am very well aware(probably more than most) that the RC isn't an IS coupe, but they are closely-related. I really just think that there is a lack of communication here, as they made it sound as if Lexus just started development on it. I highly doubt that as trademarks have already been filed, so it should be way past that "starting stage" of development, unless it's benefiting from heavy platform-sharing. A lot of these journalists really need to analyze their content before starting write or type as I doubt the project itself was green-lighted, but moreover the final design. Not only that, I'd say that spokesmen always tell people what they to hear or more importantly what they themselves want to be heard by us. In regards to the line-up getting "stale", how many products can we concretely say are expected in 2014? The next LS isn't a guarantee nor is an NX that year, so I think Lexus has plenty of room.

Last edited by Carmaker1; 11-30-12 at 10:49 AM.
Old 11-30-12, 10:47 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Lexus LF-CC gets green light

Lexus to build production version of dramatic coupe

Lexus LF-CC appeared at the LA show, now heading for the showroom

The dramatic Lexus LF-CC coupe, which appeared at this week’s LA show, is heading for production Autocar can reveal. First seen at the Paris show in September this year, the LF-CC is expected to morph into a showroom model by 2015.

Autocar understands that a senior Lexus engineer has been assigned to the project and serious work will start on the production engineering at the beginning of 2013. A Lexus source said the company wanted to build a car that was ‘exciting and emotional’ and reflected the future image Lexus image as ‘sporting’ brand.

The source also admitted that the company was seriously studying building a compact SUV similar in concept to Land Rover’s Evoque. However, the idea was ‘still being considered’ mainly because of the doubts that such a model would fit in with Lexus’s future direction.

The new sports model is likely to come in both cabrio and fixed-head forms and is thought to be based on the same rear-drive platform as the new IS and GS models, probably using the IS’s shorter wheelbase and the GS’s wider track.

Like all Lexus models, the production car will be a hybrid, most likely using a tweaked version of the GS’s 350h drivetrain, which currently offers 300bhp. The production styling is thought to be close to this LF-CC concept car, itself a more viable version of the outlandish LF-LC concept, which also appeared at the LA show albeit in fresh paint.

Lexus sources said that the company wanted to slot the new car into the space vacated by the old SC coupe-convertible, which was discontinued in 2010. Lexus’s first SC coupe was launched in 1991. The US will be the most important market for the new car. It is too early in the development process to know whether the car will be offered in the UK.
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/sc...ts-green-light
Old 11-30-12, 10:51 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

To me it seems that Lexus is taking the IS-C and SC and fusing it into this one model. I can't wait to see this in production form.

Quick Reply: Lexus LF-CC Paris Motor Show