Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Does This Make Sense???

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-12 | 04:52 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

car is hideous....and its freakin idiotic to do the board trick in/out of his driveway.
Old 09-21-12 | 05:12 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

why don't he just pour a cement mix on that patch and call it a day?
Old 09-21-12 | 05:19 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Hellaflush never made sense to me. So did saggy pants, big chains, xxl subs, and fake *****
Old 09-21-12 | 08:31 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by chikoo
Hellaflush never made sense to me. So did saggy pants, big chains, xxl subs, and fake *****
Wait, you put fake ***** in the same category as saggy pants?

I think lots of men are ok with a boob job.

But this is not going to be a fair discussion until we get some hella flush supporters to reply. I want to hear the other side. I may see things differently with more information. C'mon guys, let us know what you think.
Old 09-21-12 | 09:32 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Ever tried to have wild sex with a girl with fake *****?
Not fun. You cannot grab them with joy. It is a hands off process.
Old 09-21-12 | 07:45 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

LOL... Yea its a hands off at most strip clubs. They don't take to kindly to that. I have noticed that a lot of folks here like their vechicles completely stock. Since we're off topic and a lot of folks keep talking about baggy pants lets talk about how I would rather people where baggy pants than tight pants. I am talking about men of course.
Back on topic, if OP is really wanting to get feedback from people who enjoy this style, post this in their forum maybe get "their side" as oppose to more of the same.
Old 09-21-12 | 11:26 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kaydee
why don't he just pour a cement mix on that patch and call it a day?
Because that dip is there for a reason, to handle heavy rain.
Old 09-22-12 | 07:39 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

No, I haven't. Wouldn't want to either....but they are fun to look at.

Just like super slammed cars. I don't mind looking at them at a meet or show. I just understand trying to drive around that way.
Old 09-22-12 | 09:53 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

It's personal choice. If a driver wants to be that low, then he knows he's going to have to have the time and patience to do whatever is necessary to keep from scraping. But it does lend itself to more problems without proper reaction time for road debris or road conditions. If I was that low, a cup kit would be more than enough. But kudos to those who do things their way and still take care of their rides.
Old 09-24-12 | 05:19 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

It's hardcore hard parking..

I really don't understand it, I like cars that look good, but I like cars that go fast more..

I only really "hate" hellaflush cars with extreme negative camber, because I believe they are unsafe and dangerous to drive.

Watch this S2000 backing out of the driveway..

Old 09-26-12 | 09:36 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

It pretty much is a personal choice. The JDM style of slammed/dumped/stretched is catching on ALOT and those who choose to follow it know that certain sacrifices must be met. This has been a part of the car culture overseas for some time now, in some circles. I personally don't have a problem with the look, and when done properly, think it can look pretty nice. However, I would never do this myself. I do not have the patience, energy, or persistence needed to keep up with a car lowered to that caliber. I have friends with slammed cars/stretched/ cambered but some of them took the extra step of adding air ride so they can raise and/or lower at will. This does make life a whole lot easier. That 240 looked to be lowered on coilovers, so you gotta do what you gotta do. I know for a fact, don't know if that was the case of the guy in the video, that MOST who slam their cars that low, only use them as their "TOY", when they want to cruise an event, or show up at a car show. MOST of them do NOT use their cars as their daily's, and have a beater on hand when they just want to get away for a 7-11 run or that commute to work and back, etc. . Hats' off to those that do, but even they know that it can/will be an adventure. People with cars that low tend to have a pre-picked out route to/from their destination,and actually know the roads better than you or I would even think to imagine; sadly they HAVE TO know them well to avoid damage. For lack of better phrasing, they become creatures of habit and routing. Safety would concern ME riding that low, but if you gonna play hard, you gonna pay hard or go home. Not all thatare dropped that lowcan pulloff the look, but hey, if you have the patience/persistence/ dedication to ride that low and do all that is necesary to ingress and egress then more power to you. You can be sure of one thing tho,, once it is in the driveway,,without the boards, it AINT coming out easily. HOMEMADE AINTTHEFT DEVICE!! LOL!!

On a different note,,, theose Weds Kranze rims on that 240 are just insane. I like.

Last edited by trukn1; 09-26-12 at 09:40 PM.
Old 09-27-12 | 03:58 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Default No Sense At All!!!!

This is just plain dumb and unattractive:

Old 09-27-12 | 08:55 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

No, of course it doesn't make any sense. Neither does dropping the ride-height of a car that much........as I have pointed out many times in the past.
Old 09-28-12 | 03:32 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Originally Posted by Ice350
This is just plain dumb and unattractive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhT3C9mHLZ4
Now this one, I totally agree with. Car is wayyyyy overly done and really in poor execution. Kinda makes the 240 in the OP seem tame by comparison.
Old 09-28-12 | 11:10 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

There are A FEW tards like that in the SC section. I remember one guy talking about how his oil and tranny pan have dents all in them from bottoming out.