Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Does This Make Sense???

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-12, 04:26 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Does This Make Sense???

I can't imagine having to place boards in your driveway everytime you come and go.
Does this make sense to you guys?
Old 09-20-12, 04:40 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Sure I believe it. These whole hellaflush / helladumped, all stanced out thing are ridiculous and don't make any sense. So for folks who must have it, they got to do what they got to do.

Poor guy don't have airbags, so if he want to pull his car onto his driveway, that's what he got to do.

I would just park on the street, but all his stuff would get stolen.

I am so glad I am not into that stuff.
Old 09-20-12, 05:17 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I think it's the current fad that will die out soon. There are many different ways of looking at it. I'm personally 50/50 on it. I think stuff like that video is just stupid. I personally believe that the flush look, with no added camber except for the natural camber from lowering is okay. I'm not into running too wide of wheels and a super stretched tires. Even for show cars that's not appealing to me. There is also a limit to lowering a car as well. I can understand people with air that park real low, but to drive that low all the time with that stupid camber and stretched tire is just ridiculous to me. At the end, to each their own. Sorry for the rant, but that's just my personal opinion.
Old 09-20-12, 05:21 PM
sord87
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As long as you are happy pulling board everytime to reverse your car ,this really make sense . I am less patience early in the morning, I am sorry i can't stand this.
Old 09-20-12, 06:06 PM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Wonder what he does on speed bumps, road humps, and potholes? Has a guy with a load of lumber follow him everywhere?
Old 09-20-12, 06:10 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 767 Likes on 536 Posts

Half of the stuff on this site doesn't make sense to me
Old 09-20-12, 06:47 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Allen K
Half of the stuff on this site doesn't make sense to me
Like that idiot that put cutouts on a ls460
Old 09-20-12, 06:56 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

I guess this does make sense to lots of people. This is just an assumption but I think its a reasonable supposition.
There have been 69 views of this thread. Some people won't post because they don't care enough to take time to do it.
But there are also going to be a lot of people who don't post because they disagree with the point. I can't guess how many that is but it has to be many. Seeing as we have our own group of wild stance loving youth here on CL, it's even more reasonable.

Be bold, go ahead and tell us why this is worth the trouble. I'd like to know. No one will abuse you.

Last edited by Ice350; 09-20-12 at 08:32 PM.
Old 09-20-12, 08:16 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't have the patience needed for this, at all. Props to those who do.
Old 09-20-12, 08:32 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

form over function. I personally like a balance
Old 09-20-12, 09:50 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ice350
I guess this does make sense to lots of people. This is just an assumption but I think its a reasonable supposition.
There have been 69 views of this thread. Some people won't post because they don't care enough to take time to do it.
But there are also going to be a lot of people who don't post because they disagree with the point. I can't guess how many that is but it has to be many. Seeing as we have our own group of wild stance loving youth here on CL, it's even more reasonable.

Be bold, go ahead and tell us why this is worth the trouble. I'd like to know. No one will abuse you.
I was on the verge of not posting because I agree (possibly a little too strongly) with your point and my post would probably offend some people (because lots of people on CL love the slammed look).

Aesthetically speaking I think cars that are "slammed" to the ground look absolutely hideous. I don't get it. I've never gotten it.

Compared to stock height, as you gradually lower the car the overall appearance looks more pleasing, but only to a certain point. Past a certain point it starts to look awful. IMO you want to be able to see the tops of your tires from a side view but of course this is just my own opinion.

Aesthetics aside, a car that's totally slammed to the ground just reeks of immaturity and "boy racer" to me. Whenever I see a car like that, my first thought is "must be a teenage driver." It's like wearing super baggy pants that you deliberately sag to the ground, thus revealing part of your boxers.

Edit: I guess technically you actually can see the tops of the tires in the video, but yeah..that's still way too low for my liking. It's not even close.

Last edited by dmvp29; 09-20-12 at 09:53 PM.
Old 09-20-12, 09:52 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
form over function. I personally like a balance
+1 I really enjoy the look of your car. Hoovey's car is a perfect example of balanced aesthetics. It's not completely slammed to the ground - it's tastefully dropped just enough.
Old 09-20-12, 10:00 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by dmvp29
+1 I really enjoy the look of your car. Hoovey's car is a perfect example of balanced aesthetics. It's not completely slammed to the ground - it's tastefully dropped just enough.
oh gosh
Old 09-21-12, 04:00 AM
Marzabella
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

That's just stupid
Old 09-21-12, 04:09 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

I want to be clear that I have nothing against lowering the car.....obviously, since mne are lowered.
But when you lower your car so much that it interferes with the ability to drive normally, not only do I not understand it, I believe you are risking yours and others safety.

Lets say you're traveling at high speed, like on the interstate and you see something the car can't clear coming up fast. You have cars all around you. Can veer left, can't veer right. Certainly can't stop on an interstate hwy. What do you do?

Then I think about the nuber of parking lots I enter everyday. They all have steep dips to enter and exit. What a colossal pain to deal with that. It means parking in the street or a distance from where I'm going and walking. I just can't imagine that.

Next would tire wear. These guys must be buying new tires every 2 or 3 months.

I have never said a cross word about doing air suspesion so that you can slam it when sitting still and raise it to drive. That resolves all my concerns.

Last edited by Ice350; 09-21-12 at 04:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Does This Make Sense???