Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Toyota Camry...from around the world

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-12, 04:58 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 158 Likes on 118 Posts

are they supposed to look similar? Besides thats US Camry... that looks even less than Corolla.
Other than being two toyota sedans, they dont look too much like each other... I bet new ones will look a lot a like.... but shouldnt they?
Old 09-22-12, 05:09 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
are they supposed to look similar? Besides thats US Camry... that looks even less than Corolla.
Other than being two toyota sedans, they dont look too much like each other... I bet new ones will look a lot a like.... but shouldnt they?
lol they have almost the exact same front fender, similar headlights, similar lower front fascia design, and their bumpers integrate with the headlights the same way.

The Camry does not look upscale, it looks like an oversized economy car, whereas competitors like the new Fusion and Accord look like they could run with Audis and Lexuses.
Old 09-22-12, 05:56 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
lol they have almost the exact same front fender, similar headlights, similar lower front fascia design, and their bumpers integrate with the headlights the same way.

The Camry does not look upscale, it looks like an oversized economy car, whereas competitors like the new Fusion and Accord look like they could run with Audis and Lexuses.
thats because they modified Corolla fenders 2x so far to make it more modern and match Camry. It doesnt make Camry look like Corolla, it makes Corolla look weird because it wasnt designed like that.

It shouldnt be that hard to understand that all future Toyota's will look similar, just like Lexus's do. For instance, here is new Auris and Verso... new Rav4 will have similar face.

Now, weather you like it or not, thats another story... ASEAN Camry on top of this thread is meant for conservative asian buyer. If I lived in USA, i would never buy Camry myself as it is too boring for European me. However in our market, Avensis is perfectly fine, as is Auris or this updated Verso.

Nevertheless, boring Camry and Corolla in USA sell a lot better than much nicer Avensis and Auris in Europe so, I am not sure if I am the one to judge mass market acceptance :-).
Old 09-22-12, 07:53 PM
Cartune
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

even stock for stock usdm camry is a joke compare to camry in asia
Old 09-22-12, 08:05 PM
Cartune
Lexus Test Driver

'

Old 09-22-12, 08:35 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cartune
Why would someone do this to a car? What's the appeal of slapping ugly wheels and slamming a car to the ground?
Old 09-23-12, 04:09 AM
pman6
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

nothing says you've made it like a pimped out camry with a bentley interior. might as well flush your money down the toilet.
Old 09-23-12, 06:05 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Why would someone do this to a car? What's the appeal of slapping ugly wheels and slamming a car to the ground?

I agree.
Old 09-26-12, 09:57 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Not arguing your point, but it is just a matter of personal taste,and lifestyle and culture. TheJapanese (HARDCORE) VIP scene/lifestyle is VERY STRONG in that part of the world, and when your roads are maintained ALOT better than they are here, and you are prety much in the aftermarket capital of the world, just about ANYONE who is into the car scene is gonna try to out do the next with a truly unique automotive piece. Style is subjective, and I agree some are horrible looking, others I kinda like. All is in a matter of execution and presentation, for me. The car scene/culture tends to be ALOT more agressive than it is here in the states, so while I can appreciate some of the hardwork and craftmanship needed in order to pull off some of the truly phoenominal builds, not all builds are gonna be to my/your liking. Automotive art is about the only thing you can write it off to. You either love it or you hate it; however it will always be open to your opinion.
Old 09-28-12, 04:06 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No way roads in thailand are better than ours.
Old 09-28-12, 05:15 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by trukn1
Not arguing your point, but it is just a matter of personal taste,and lifestyle and culture. TheJapanese (HARDCORE) VIP scene/lifestyle is VERY STRONG in that part of the world, and when your roads are maintained ALOT better than they are here, and you are prety much in the aftermarket capital of the world, just about ANYONE who is into the car scene is gonna try to out do the next with a truly unique automotive piece. Style is subjective, and I agree some are horrible looking, others I kinda like. All is in a matter of execution and presentation, for me. The car scene/culture tends to be ALOT more agressive than it is here in the states, so while I can appreciate some of the hardwork and craftmanship needed in order to pull off some of the truly phoenominal builds, not all builds are gonna be to my/your liking. Automotive art is about the only thing you can write it off to. You either love it or you hate it; however it will always be open to your opinion.
you see a lot of tasteless tuning done in the states as well... a LOT.
Old 09-28-12, 06:58 AM
Cartune
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by chikoo
No way roads in thailand are better than ours.
Originally Posted by spwolf
you see a lot of tasteless tuning done in the states as well... a LOT.
exactly. not only its tasteless, its waste of money as well
Old 09-28-12, 10:26 AM
DustinV
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chikoo
This is the All NEW Toyota Camry sold halfway across the world.

Who edited these photos? In both shots the car was crudely cut out. And the fake wheelspin looks really, well, fake.

I just noticed this and it simply doesn't make for "great" official photos.
Old 09-28-12, 11:12 AM
Cartune
Lexus Test Driver

White sedan in post #20 is the asian model camry
Old 09-28-12, 12:46 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the Thai version. But I really think they should come up with a global design. I think the challenge of a global design would lead the to up their game.

Quick Reply: Toyota Camry...from around the world