Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New truck, a few issues, and....an outstanding CHRYSLER dealership experience?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-12, 06:39 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 165 Likes on 112 Posts

Wow, super treatment.

I have printed your email (less your last name) and will show that to my Lexus dealer. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-25-12, 12:02 AM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

^Man that's pretty damn incredible they'd offer to respray the whole truck. I remember back in the early 90's owners were suing GM for silver paint flaking off their 2-4 year old Suburbans and trucks.
Old 09-27-12, 04:22 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

Ok, the truck will be done tomorrow they say, they ran into an issue finding the right torque converter, they didn't want to install the same one because it would have the same issue so it took them a day to find the updated part #. Back on track for re-installation tonight, then they have to put the body back on the frame, reassemble the interior and all the trim and put the front and rear windshield's back in.

When I went on Tuesday, they had the frame, engine, trans, suspension separated from the body. The frame and power-train was on a lift with the transmission out (torque converter replacement) the cab and bed were on a rotisserie after being sandblasted and primed, were receiving the base coat, and the hood, fenders and doors were already completely pained and baking. The chrome bumpers, trim, glass and interior were in a cold storage locker at the back of the lot until ready for re-installation.
Old 09-28-12, 03:47 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Absolutely phoenominal!!! It is SUPER RARE to find just about anyone willing to provide this level of service and atention to detail in regards to flaws and service. I have to admit, I am quite impressed.
Old 09-28-12, 06:42 AM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Kinda strange that my 90-day old truck needed a body-off restoration...but it's free so I will take it
Old 09-28-12, 10:33 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

That's great news that they are really taking good care of you.

Wish the jeep/chrysler dealer around here was this good.
Old 09-28-12, 04:44 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Ok, got the truck back today. Has a few small issues, but nothing a little buffing cant fix. Overall I am happy with it and the service I got! The truck looks great, it drives like its new, no squeaks, rattles or anything of the sort.

small list of stuff they did that kinda made me a little upset, but they offered to fix when I bring it back for the rear seat (on order)

-Buffer burn marks in the clearcoat on the rear passenger door. Somebody used a rotary and doesnt know how to properly operate it. Its only a few small spots and they should polish out.

-they missed a dent (painted over it) on the metal surrounding the rear window. not a big deal but would have liked it gone (was caused by me anyway, but not the point).

-They did not inform me they were replacing BOTH front wheel bearings. I thought it was just one. Not that it really matters because again, I did not pay for it.

-Tonneau cover was not re-installed correctly. Not a huge deal, easy to adjust, just seemed like they were hurrying when they put it back on.

-they chipped my freshly painted calipers when they took off and put on my front wheels. again, nothing serious that a shot or 2 with some paint wont cure. Thats why I kept the second can instead of taking it back to the store.

I had already filled the rental for return and had an appointment at the VA hospital in 45 minutes (and it was 45 minutes away with traffic), so I didn't have time to do anything except give it a good look-over, swap my stuff from rental car to truck, sign the papers and go!
Old 09-29-12, 01:43 PM
NKYSoarer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know I've owned 2 chrysler products before, both Ram trucks they have their issues and the new Ram doesn't stack up with the superduty other than engine wise with the Cummins so they have to win you over on service. It's nice to see they are taking care of you though.