Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Back in the Game – Can’t Believe I Got an Acura

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-12, 03:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
The NSX is the only car I totally missed after selling and had to buy another one. I ended up selling my white one and last year bought a Berlina Black just to get back in the game. Now I'm about ready to sell this one and move into an NA2. I really love the Coupe and manual steering though so I'm torn. I drove a Long Beach Blue 02 and it was great, but I did miss the manual steering on the early NA1s. I can live with it though. My NA1 has a lot of the 02 cosmetic updates already. My friend had an 05 White/Camel, but White/White is a super rare bird.
you are not alone. i talked to a lot of people, and EVERY ex-nsx owner they regret selling theirs and they ALL told me to try hold on to the car, otherwise i will regret too.

yes, some told me the early years, the steering is "old school" but they prefer it. same with the coupe, some say they can feel the difference. for me i probably prefer the NA2 coz' it's faster, but i haven't driven a coupe to experience that part

hope to see updates from you soon!
Old 09-26-12, 03:53 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats Henry!!! Pretty freaking sweet pickup!! Iv'e been a NSX fanatic since I was a kid and still am. Enjoy it in great health man!!
Old 09-26-12, 07:23 PM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

awesome color combo.... always loved those NSX's
Old 09-27-12, 12:32 AM
ImportISF
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice! Congrats! I too remember seeing that NSX pop up on my local CL & thinking what a gem that car is. I sold my NA1 NSX a few months ago & promised myself I WILL get another one in the future . I was so close to pulling the trigger on one a few weeks back. Agree on the attention thing, it almost got annoying & had me super paranoid to leave the car parked anywhere on the street while I'm inside say a restaruant or bar. Having 2 cars staying in your blind spots on the freeway while trying to get a picture of your car isn't unusual too, it got annoying how I could almost never make a lane change on the freeway unless I stomped on the gas

Also you might be happy to know that a theres a thread dedicated to your NSX(besides Prime) on s2ki.com Bay Area section, with tons of people drooling over it when it was first listed on CL . Enjoy the car! The car has so much history behind it that it is a true automotive masterpiece.

Last edited by ImportISF; 09-27-12 at 12:36 AM.
Old 09-27-12, 07:57 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by sleepy415
Very nice! Congrats! I too remember seeing that NSX pop up on my local CL & thinking what a gem that car is. I sold my NA1 NSX a few months ago & promised myself I WILL get another one in the future . I was so close to pulling the trigger on one a few weeks back. Agree on the attention thing, it almost got annoying & had me super paranoid to leave the car parked anywhere on the street while I'm inside say a restaruant or bar. Having 2 cars staying in your blind spots on the freeway while trying to get a picture of your car isn't unusual too, it got annoying how I could almost never make a lane change on the freeway unless I stomped on the gas

Also you might be happy to know that a theres a thread dedicated to your NSX(besides Prime) on s2ki.com Bay Area section, with tons of people drooling over it when it was first listed on CL . Enjoy the car! The car has so much history behind it that it is a true automotive masterpiece.
really?! even on s2ki.com? @_@ i know there is a thread about it too on prime when it popped up, but i was in the middle of the deal so didn't want to say anything
Old 09-27-12, 08:30 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

have you noticed the left side of the foot well is a bit cramped? that was my only negative impression of driving the car.
Old 09-27-12, 09:01 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
have you noticed the left side of the foot well is a bit cramped? that was my only negative impression of driving the car.
That didn't bother me at all. Go drive a F355, now THAT left side foot well is ANNOYING, and you need a tiny shoe to work the gas padel

The NSX is the best ergonomically designed mid engine sports car in history ever................well except the Mclaren F1

Last edited by BNR34; 09-27-12 at 09:05 AM.
Old 09-27-12, 09:06 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
yeah, it is a bit cramped in there and that's why it has a wide turning ratio, but you get used to it really fast though.
I can't make a u-turn in some areas where my van can do it easily

Originally Posted by link13
Congratulations Henry! My Mom and Dad have a '94 berlina black on black. They are great cars.
Hey, we're related

Originally Posted by rominl
you are not alone. i talked to a lot of people, and EVERY ex-nsx owner they regret selling theirs and they ALL told me to try hold on to the car, otherwise i will regret too.

yes, some told me the early years, the steering is "old school" but they prefer it. same with the coupe, some say they can feel the difference. for me i probably prefer the NA2 coz' it's faster, but i haven't driven a coupe to experience that part

hope to see updates from you soon!
Well hurry up and let's get a meet going. You can drive my 94 and I can check out your 02 to see what all the fuss of an NA2 is about
Old 09-27-12, 10:26 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

chris, get off work early tmr! henry wants to meet up too but come on, it's just a stock car, yours is beautiful

paul, i am 5' 7" so i don't have much of a problem. i can rest my left foot perfectly and pick up on clutch easily. of course, coming from a freaking s550, the first 15 mins were very weird, felt like i was in a prison cell. but now after 3 weeks i have mastered how to get in and out and feel comfortable.

i have to say though, for anyone taller than maybe 6' 2", the car can be a problem, on both the foot area and head room. the car is small and very low.

the car does have pretty bad turning circle. i always think it turns so wide
Old 09-27-12, 10:29 AM
Individual
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Huge congrats! Loving the color, and it's so pristine. Definitely can't go wrong with that timeless car.
Old 09-27-12, 10:39 AM
Ap1_Alan
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
chris, get off work early tmr! henry wants to meet up too but come on, it's just a stock car, yours is beautiful

paul, i am 5' 7" so i don't have much of a problem. i can rest my left foot perfectly and pick up on clutch easily. of course, coming from a freaking s550, the first 15 mins were very weird, felt like i was in a prison cell. but now after 3 weeks i have mastered how to get in and out and feel comfortable.

i have to say though, for anyone taller than maybe 6' 2", the car can be a problem, on both the foot area and head room. the car is small and very low.

the car does have pretty bad turning circle. i always think it turns so wide
I'm 6'3" without shoes and I fit fine in the NSX. It's definitely snug, but it wouldnt stop me from getting one. But then again I managed to squeeze into an s2000 for years, so the NSX felt roomy
Old 09-27-12, 11:03 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Ap1_Alan
I'm 6'3" without shoes and I fit fine in the NSX. It's definitely snug, but it wouldnt stop me from getting one. But then again I managed to squeeze into an s2000 for years, so the NSX felt roomy
your head didn't get too close to the roof? i see i am quite close already. my friend is 6'2 and he ended up changing the seats to fit more comfortably.

but you are right, coming from s2k the nsx would be "big"!
Old 09-27-12, 12:15 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

any plans to mod or do wheels??
Old 09-27-12, 01:07 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
any plans to mod or do wheels??
Knowing the history of Henry, there is no chance that he won't mod this NSX I can't believe he modded his GS350 that much.
Old 09-27-12, 01:07 PM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice pick up, congrats

Quick Reply: Back in the Game – Can’t Believe I Got an Acura