Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Back in the Game – Can’t Believe I Got an Acura

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-12, 02:26 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl

nsx is pure driving. it's hard to get into the car, it's stiff and harsh. it's louder as well, little luxury and technologies. but driving wise it's a lot more fun than the m3.

honestly, that's also what initially made me unsure about the nsx. if you think about it, my past 5 years, ls460l, gs350, m3, s550, as sporty as m3 gets they are all still somewhat "luxury". when i first got into the nsx, i lost all that. so the whole 6 hours driving home, i was wondering if i made the right choice.
The only mistake you made was not buying one earlier when prices were lower. Hahaha. Really though, it makes sense because most NSX owners have not taken a huge hit when selling their cars. Some sold for the same or even more than what they bought it for. If anything loosing a couple thousand after owning it for a year or two and 10K miles is nothing. Think if it as rent. The risk of NSX ownership is low. If you made a mistake and the car is not for you, just sell it and make back most if not all your money.

That said, put on an exhaust as the stock exhaust is too quiet. If you ever do lower it and have trouble scraping, contact me. I'm beta testing something that solves that problem. If you do find you made a mistake by buying this NSX, contact me as I'll buy if from you provided I don't already have an NA2 and if my NA1 is already sold.
Old 09-28-12, 03:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
The only mistake you made was not buying one earlier when prices were lower. Hahaha. Really though, it makes sense because most NSX owners have not taken a huge hit when selling their cars. Some sold for the same or even more than what they bought it for. If anything loosing a couple thousand after owning it for a year or two and 10K miles is nothing. Think if it as rent. The risk of NSX ownership is low. If you made a mistake and the car is not for you, just sell it and make back most if not all your money.

That said, put on an exhaust as the stock exhaust is too quiet. If you ever do lower it and have trouble scraping, contact me. I'm beta testing something that solves that problem. If you do find you made a mistake by buying this NSX, contact me as I'll buy if from you provided I don't already have an NA2 and if my NA1 is already sold.
i know, chris i know exactly how much my car was sold 3 years ago, and let's just say the price DID go up quite a bit the past 3 years... cost of ownership is also big part of the reason why we decided to get the nsx. you really don't lose much over the years owning the car. so why not

maybe you can let me know on the beta testing items on pm! i might do things faster than i should be
Old 09-28-12, 04:50 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

There's a cup kit sold on Prime, but some have complained about it being noisy or going up/down unevenly. I've wondered if the Phantom Cup Kit from Platinum VIP would work well with KW V3 coilovers on the NSX...
Old 09-28-12, 04:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

haha i am still not too convinced about cup kits. i guess if i go low, i would just want stay low. cup kits sound too complicated, not to mention running all the wires and the tank.

and kw3 are expensive!
Old 09-28-12, 07:39 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Just got a ride in GS3Tek's NSX.

Someone buy my S2000. Need money for NSX
Old 09-28-12, 10:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

it was nice seeing you, henry!

it was a TOTAL mistake going to a last minute mini meet with gs3tek and another prime member.

not fair that my nsx was the highest!!!!!!!

(project start...)
Old 09-29-12, 11:01 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

See? modding already!
Old 09-29-12, 02:06 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

I could see myself daily driving an NSX. It's comfortable compared to my S2000. MUCH more legroom, suspension is a bit more forgiving, and the sound is amazing. The NSX looks physically larger, but it's only 100lbs heavier than my car.

Did I mention the sound?? If I had an NSX, an exhaust is a MUST. Of course, I'd also have to buy a house with a garage.
Old 09-29-12, 04:59 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

The KWv3 is so with it. That is what I'm running right now. He spring rates are much softer than OEM sonride conform it amazingly better than stock. However, don't ask me how it works, but handling is still superior over the stock. Also get the NSXR front sway bay and a Zanardi or NSXR rear sway bay. Henry, PM me your email.
Old 09-29-12, 06:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by GSteg
I could see myself daily driving an NSX. It's comfortable compared to my S2000. MUCH more legroom, suspension is a bit more forgiving, and the sound is amazing. The NSX looks physically larger, but it's only 100lbs heavier than my car.

Did I mention the sound?? If I had an NSX, an exhaust is a MUST. Of course, I'd also have to buy a house with a garage.
hahhaha henry, do it! you know you love the nsx

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
The KWv3 is so with it. That is what I'm running right now. He spring rates are much softer than OEM sonride conform it amazingly better than stock. However, don't ask me how it works, but handling is still superior over the stock. Also get the NSXR front sway bay and a Zanardi or NSXR rear sway bay. Henry, PM me your email.
i think it has to do with the second reservoir? what you said is pretty much what most m3 owners say about kw too
Old 09-29-12, 06:49 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whoa, congrats Henry!
Old 09-29-12, 07:53 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
hahhaha henry, do it! you know you love the nsx

i think it has to do with the second reservoir? what you said is pretty much what most m3 owners say about kw too
The v3 doesn't have the extra reservoir. I think that is the Club Sport version. Whatever it is it just works.
Old 09-30-12, 08:38 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't be bothered to read 7 pages of platitudes.

You suck.

Congrats my friend.
Old 09-30-12, 10:48 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

very nice Henry....
Old 10-01-12, 09:25 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
I can't be bothered to read 7 pages of platitudes.

You suck.

Congrats my friend.
time for something FUN!

Quick Reply: Back in the Game – Can’t Believe I Got an Acura