Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

J.Clarkson drives the LFA... finally

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-12, 09:51 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,419 Likes on 1,584 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
We all there are cars far worse than the SC 430. Of course trolls and people that hate Lexus will just jump in the poo they love to sling and play in.
laughable rhetoric. when i had my tricked out 2GS, my dentist at the time, no troll or 'poo slinger' to use your terms, used to drool over my car. he had a stock GS300, but then upgraded (he thought) to an SC430. he regretted it every time i saw him. he liked the interior wood and leather, but the sluggish drive train combined with poor handling made it neither a great cruiser, and certainly no sporty car. the pie plate early rims and cassette deck almost until its end were also very weak. and yes, i have driven a couple.

coincidentally, one of my brothers (6'6"!) owns one, and i and my other brothers (one with a range rover, another with a 911 4S) make gentle fun of him.

of course there are worse cars on an absolute scale, but that's irrelevant. the sc430 was weak, especially compared to the fabulous sc it replaced!

fortunately lexus has come along since then, with much better designs! gs, es, ls and rx refreshes to name a few and we know the new is is right around the corner.
Old 11-26-12, 01:07 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

His reads are always entertaining. I personally loved the sc430 so IDK what you guys are talking about
Old 06-04-13, 03:52 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't get enough of this review! Amazing work Lexus!
Old 06-04-13, 04:12 AM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
laughable rhetoric. when i had my tricked out 2GS, my dentist at the time, no troll or 'poo slinger' to use your terms, used to drool over my car. he had a stock GS300, but then upgraded (he thought) to an SC430. he regretted it every time i saw him. he liked the interior wood and leather, but the sluggish drive train combined with poor handling made it neither a great cruiser, and certainly no sporty car. the pie plate early rims and cassette deck almost until its end were also very weak. and yes, i have driven a couple.

coincidentally, one of my brothers (6'6"!) owns one, and i and my other brothers (one with a range rover, another with a 911 4S) make gentle fun of him.

of course there are worse cars on an absolute scale, but that's irrelevant. the sc430 was weak, especially compared to the fabulous sc it replaced!

fortunately lexus has come along since then, with much better designs! gs, es, ls and rx refreshes to name a few and we know the new is is right around the corner.
I love my RX. The best looking SUV out there next to audi Q5. I just couldnt think of buying an Audi because of the reliability issue.

I saw LFA in person in a local dealer. It look stunning, and given the car uniqueness + lexus reliability, i would buy one if i had money to waste.

Lexus has not released any sport cars that was good. Now the ISF look good, the 14 IS and it hybrid look good. I am waiting on RC !