Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What color interior should I buy

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-12, 07:10 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell
ALL true.....

if you have to park in the sun (with no car cover) black seats will be really hot...tint or not...of course if its 118 degrees F ANY interior will be hot.
since you live in TX, and I also live in one of the hottest cities in Europe, I always laugh when i see leather interior with some either cheap covers or towel thrown over the drivers seat since it gets too hot... new cars have seat vents but it is not that helpful with black leather and hot sun outside.
Old 10-11-12, 09:39 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

That ES posted above looks great! Not too many black and you get the lighter color leather.

I swore I read an article/research where they said black leather in a hot climate DID NOT make a significant change in temperature .....go google it.

Originally Posted by spwolf
since you live in TX, and I also live in one of the hottest cities in Europe, I always laugh when i see leather interior with some either cheap covers or towel thrown over the drivers seat since it gets too hot... new cars have seat vents but it is not that helpful with black leather and hot sun outside.
Aren't there more nude beaches in Europe???

Maybe they want to hop in the car after a day laying buck-naked on the beach and don't want to hassle with putting on some clothings
Old 10-11-12, 09:53 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I like the gray, but it's YOUR car, which to YOU like??? The salesman it telling you black because he probably knows he gets more with black interior, and can get you out the door sold quicker.
Old 10-11-12, 11:56 PM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
i don't care for black leather - it shows every speck of everything, plus, you're right, in arizona it's going to be hot as hades, i don't care what tint you've got. my suv has cream colored leather and it makes a HUGE difference in how comfortable it is even if it's sat out in the (FL) sun all day.
I completely agree. I've had every interior color under the sun (?) and I'm not a fan of black interiors at all. Although they don't show grease, they show every speck of dust - and that's a whole lot worse in a dusty environment. Snow white is a bear to keep clean and consequently white-white interiors have almost completely disappeared today, in favor of cream, light beige, or pearl grey. I've had blue, green, and even red interiors I liked very much, but are unavailable in most cars today.

If I had no more choice than ivory, pearl grey, and black, the latter would be my first cut. Black is far too hot, needs too much maintenance, and what's the real deal killer for me, a dark interior always looks a good deal smaller than a light colored one.

But then the consideration of contrast is always there. I need the brighter color around me to reduce contrast with the view out the windshield. You're always stuck with a black dash, but with the remaining colors in your peripheral vision being lighter, you don't experience that sharp contrast you might expect from spending the day looking out at the world through a mail slot.

Based on the colors seen on the Lexus website for the 300h, ( http://www.lexus.com/models/ES/colors/hybrid.jsp ), I like the parchment leather.
Old 10-12-12, 01:34 AM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Get the grey leather interior in that picture. My buddy has a silver/black leather Acura RSX, and that thing is straight miserable in the summer. Granted that car has a lot of glass, and window tint did help, but its still miserable IMO. The light tan leather in my SC300 stays pretty cool in the summer, and once again this is a car with a lot of glass.