Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus release pricing for 2013 LS 460, LS 460 F-Sport, and LS 600h L

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-12, 10:45 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess I'm alone here, but I think it looks good.
Old 11-08-12, 10:35 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
I also think the Five Axis LS looks good . Is it a bit overdone? Yes, but not too much, just a bit. It's a concept though, so it makes sense that it's a little bit wild. I absolutely LOVE the front end subtle details, the rims, and that decklid makes the car look so wonderful.
Old 11-09-12, 02:34 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

It looks great, I wonder if Five Axis will one day actually design production F models.

They certainly know how to turn some heads.
Old 11-09-12, 10:43 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TMG Lexus LS 650 Prototype Set For 2012 Essen Motor Show

For the past several years the TMG skunk works based in Cologne, Germany has been working on a number of secret projects for Toyota, including much of the automaker’s recent racing efforts, electric car development and groundwork for the launch of a potential TMG performance brand.

One of these projects was a feasibility study for a high-performance Lexus LS, which included the building of a prototype and testing at the Nürburgring circuit, which lies less than an hour’s drive from TMG’s headquarters.

We can confirm that development work on the TMG LS prototype is almost complete and a reveal is scheduled for the 2012 Essen Motor Show at the end of this month. Pictured above is a scale model of the new prototype, which was used for wind tunnel testing.

The prototype is officially labeled the TMG Lexus LS 650, and it hints at the type of performance upgrades we can expect from a TMG-enhanced Lexus. The scale model reveals an aggressive body kit with flared wheel arches, chunky side sills and a tall rear wing.

Speaking with Motor Authority, TMG spokesman Alastair Moffitt revealed that the Lexus LS 650 prototype is powered by a twin-turbocharged 5.0-liter V-8 (most likely the unit from the IS F) that’s rated at more than 600 horsepower. He also said the prototype has a targeted top speed of 200 mph and that initial test results from Nürburgring look promising.

Sadly, the TMG Lexus LS 650 prototype is just a study for now, though production could happen if demand is sufficient. TMG will be presenting the prototype in Essen to showcase the company’s talents, though we’re sure it will also be gauging potential customer interest.

TMG certainly know how to build performance machines. The company was responsible for Toyota’s Formula One efforts and more recently it was called on to develop Toyota’s race-winning TS030 Hybrid Le Mans prototype.
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...sen-motor-show
Old 11-13-12, 07:48 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From Taiwan

Lexus LS600hL commercial from Lexus Taiwan - pays homage to the original 1st gen LS commercial with the champagne/wine glasses

=)
Old 11-13-12, 08:14 AM
LexFather

^^^ NIce find

Old 11-13-12, 08:52 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
Nope, I love it. It's much more aggressive than the previous one and people have been complaining that Lexus was not aggressive enough.
Now that they made it aggressive, people are now b$tching that it's too aggressive???

I'm sure more people love it also. They probably don't want to bother responding.

Originally Posted by Blackraven
From Taiwan

Lexus LS600hL commercial from Lexus Taiwan - pays homage to the original 1st gen LS commercial with the champagne/wine glasses

=)
Whoa, nice find
Old 11-13-12, 09:57 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow that is one heck of a commercial, nice find!!!
Old 11-13-12, 10:13 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Blueprint
^^^ NIce find
Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Whoa, nice find
Originally Posted by rominl
wow that is one heck of a commercial, nice find!!!
Hehe thanks

Anyways, I didn't know that this was going to be pasted on the Clublexus facebook page as well. Still, full credit though comes from the Lexus Taiwan official facebook page where I found it.

Lexus Taiwan official facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/LEXUStw/134700029778

Hopefully, the ClubLexus facebook page will also like the Lexus Taiwan official facebook page as well =)
Old 11-13-12, 10:15 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackraven
Hehe thanks

Anyways, I didn't know that this was going to be pasted on the Clublexus facebook page as well. Still, full credit though comes from the Lexus Taiwan official facebook page where I found it.

Lexus Taiwan official facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/LEXUStw/134700029778

Hopefully, the ClubLexus facebook page will also like the Lexus Taiwan official facebook page as well =)
well you did find the good stuff and posted here, of course i had to give you credit when posting it
Old 11-13-12, 11:17 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
well you did find the good stuff and posted here, of course i had to give you credit when posting it
Hehe thanks.

Anyways

P.S.
Slightly off-topic

With that said, Lexus has some nice TV ads and commercials for Taiwan. After all, if I'm not mistaken, Taiwan was the first overseas market for Lexus in East Asia. It has established itself over there as a premium automobile brand =)

As such, they have some nice TV ads as well such as this one for the LS (when it first came out over there)

A Lexus ES tv ad narrated and voiced by Russell Wait (russellwait.com), an American who does voice acting, dubbing and voice production work...........based in Hong Kong

The ad featured below was voiced by Russell Wait with assistance from Lexus Hong Kong......for Lexus Taiwan

In addition, there is also this one which uses 'American-style attack advertising' (wherein the names of your competitors are shown or mentioned in your advertisement)

*Though to be honest.....I'm not sure if such kind of advertising (i.e.mentioning competitors names) is even allowed in Taiwan haha. Ah, what the heck *

You can find videos of other Taiwan car commercials here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ShenanChou/videos?view=0
http://www.youtube.com/user/scottkuo1227/videos?view=0

=)

Last edited by Blackraven; 11-13-12 at 11:22 AM.
Old 11-14-12, 08:09 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Sat in an a new 2013 LS460 yesterday, a white on alabaster interior.

Overall impression is an outstanding job Lexus. I never really like the styling of the 07-12 model inside or out, the 2013 on the other hand makes me forget it. I really like it.

Seems that there is more spfft touch materials on the dash, not sure if they are added. The LED interior lighting is superb. The added little touches are nice.

Exterior is really nice and the new front end is good.