Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura NSX News

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-14, 08:16 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,464 Likes on 1,617 Posts

it's just ludicrous how long this car has been in development.
Old 02-18-14, 09:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
i think they blew the heat and interest from the announcement of the concept. they haven't been able to follow it up well
Old 02-18-14, 09:46 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i think they blew the heat and interest from the announcement of the concept. they haven't been able to follow it up well
Haven't seen them show it much in the show circuit, and nothing on social media to keep it fresh in peoples minds
Old 02-18-14, 09:54 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,464 Likes on 1,617 Posts

well it could be special when released, but chances seem to be dimming...
Old 02-19-14, 06:04 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
Honda NSX…..

The new Supra which just debuted should be here in time to battle the NSX just like the 1990s….

NSX should be here in 2015.

FT-1 is rumored for a 2016 debut.
Old 02-19-14, 06:13 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

I'm not a Honda/Acura fan, but I have to disagreed. The concept was shown in 2012. The production version has been confirmed for 2015. I don't think 3 years to go from concept to production is a long wait at all.

The new NSX may even be here before the LF-LC. (They both debuted at the 2012 North American Auto Show.)

Hell it took GM like 4 years to show the production C7. Corvette Stingray concept debut at the 2009 Detroit Auto Show. Production C7 officially revealed at Detroit on January 13, 2013. Point is, 3 years isn't really that long of a wait.

Last edited by Vh_Supra26; 02-19-14 at 07:41 PM.
Old 02-19-14, 06:45 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

It is frustrating waiting but I would rather them get it right then release something sooner that is flawed. they just changed the engine type and layout which must have been a big deal. Other cars have taken longer though, we just we not aware as much they were being brought to market. Acura did do a complete 180 with the NSX/Supercar from a front engined V10 to a mid rear engined tt V6 hybrid on a totally different platform and a new factory, all things considered its development has not been that long from the decision to go mid engined.
Old 02-19-14, 06:50 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by UDel
It is frustrating waiting but I would rather them get it right then release something sooner that is flawed. they just changed the engine type and layout which must have been a big deal. Other cars have taken longer though, we just we not aware as much they were being brought to market. Acura did do a complete 180 with the NSX/Supercar from a front engined V10 to a mid rear engined tt V6 hybrid on a totally different platform and a new factory, all things considered its development has not been that long from the decision to go mid engined.
At this point though, Acura needs to start generating buzz. How about spy shots, a teaser shot, engine sound, silhouette, anything really. Use social media as a tool. The Germans, Jaguar and recently Mazda dominate Instagram for one.
Old 02-19-14, 06:51 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

I wouldn't even count the Honda HSV. That was a totally different car.

It's funny how everyone attacks Honda/Acura. News and development on the LF-LC has been pretty dead. Just saying...
Old 02-19-14, 06:52 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
I'm not a Honda/Acura fan, but I have to disagreed. The concept was shown in 2012. The production version has been confirmed for 2015. I don't think 3 years to go from concept to production is a long wait at all.

The new NSX may even be here before the LF-LC. (They been debuted at the 2012 North American Auto Show.)

Hell it took GM like 4 years to show the production C7. Corvette Stingray concept debut at the 2009 Detroit Auto Show. Production C7 officially revealed at Detroit on January 13, 2013. Point is, 3 years isn't really that long of a wait.
This is the 3rd actual concept from the early 2000s, to the ugly front engine thing to this thing. Japan wants nothing to do with hit so Honda America has to build it here.

The LF LC isn't on super bowl ads, driving around tracks and in other ways to generate hype. The C7 didn't do that either, all we saw were spy photos and boom it arrived.

Honda/Acura is desperate for any time of good press/marketing so I can't blame them whoring out the NSX before its been built but it creates a lot of hype it has to live up to. The drivetrain seems to be really good in the RLX hybrid so thats a good start.

Honda is going to have updates at the Geneva show as there is no Acura in Europe.

Old 02-19-14, 06:58 PM
Hoovey689

I wouldn't even count the Honda HSV. That was a totally different car.

It's funny how everyone attacks Honda/Acura. News and development on the LF-LC has been pretty dead. Just saying...
I think the RC and RC F have taken some of the heat off of this upcoming grand coupe
Old 02-19-14, 07:00 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

This is the 3rd actual concept from the early 2000s, to the ugly front engine thing to this thing. Japan wants nothing to do with hit so Honda America has to build it here.

The LF LC isn't on super bowl ads, driving around tracks and in other ways to generate hype. The C7 didn't do that either, all we saw were spy photos and boom it arrived.

Honda/Acura is desperate for any time of good press/marketing so I can't blame them whoring out the NSX before its been built but it creates a lot of hype it has to live up to. The drivetrain seems to be really good in the RLX hybrid so thats a good start.

Honda is going to have updates at the Geneva show as there is no Acura in Europe.
They are not the same car. None of the concepts below are related.

2003 Honda HSC
2007 Acura ASCC
2010 Honda HSV
2012 Acura NSX Hybrid Concept

If you say they are; than I guess FT-HS and FT-1 are the same car. And that would mean it took Toyota almost 10 years to bring a new Supra on the market.

C7 concept was in the Transformers movie

Yes, Acura really is looking for attention. I never said they weren't.
Old 02-19-14, 07:03 PM
LexFather

They are not the same car. None of the concepts below are related.

2003 Honda HSC
2007 Acura ASCC
2010 Honda HSV
2012 Acura NSX Hybrid Concept

C7 concept was in the Transformers movie

Yes, Acura really is looking attention. I never said they weren't.
Good call on the Transformers.

i know i said they were different cars but lets not act like they suddenly started flirting with NSX thoughts 3 years ago. Its been on the table for over 11 years now and this is not some exotic or super car like a Ferrari or LFA as its not carbon fiber, nor a V-8 or a V-10 etc.

Any pics of the new factory anywhere?

Old 02-19-14, 07:06 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
I think the RC and RC F have taken some of the heat off of this upcoming grand coupe
That maybe, but that still isn't really an excuse. At least Honda has released drivetrain details of the NSX II. And we have even seen test mules for the new NSX. But we have yet to see neither from Lexus when it comes to the LF-LC.

All I'm saying is 3 years from concept to production isn't a long wait at all.
Old 02-19-14, 07:19 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Good call on the Transformers.

i know i said they were different cars but lets not act like they suddenly started flirting with NSX thoughts 3 years ago. Its been on the table for over 11 years now and this is not some exotic or super car like a Ferrari or LFA as its not carbon fiber, nor a V-8 or a V-10 etc.

Any pics of the new factory anywhere?
Thanks, I love Transformers

I think we all know Honda has been wanting a flagship sports car for some time now.

2003 Honda HSC: ??? I don't know why they never built it. It was a good looking car.
2007 Acura ASCC: That thing was ugly and received a lot of negative feedback.
2010 Honda HSV: Scrapped because of new CEO.
2012 Acura NSX Hybrid Concept: Production 2015

When I became CEO, there were a V8 RWD platform, and a V10 NSX on its last development phase. All of them wonderful cars. So when we decided to cancel all those programs one by one, the reaction of the R&D department was very violent, they were really angry, enough to say to me: "Don't dare show up here in the labs!". Yet people's needs in different countries and regions are different. So what we should pursue is "developing cars that will be loved by the different people in different places". That's what the Lehmann shock taught us.
http://vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=1155273

C7 isn't really a super car either. GM began work in 2007 and we did not see the production car until 2013.
So the new NSX won't have carbon fiber? I don't know I haven't been following up.
What you are saying than is it took Toyota almost 10 years to bring a new Supra on the market. (FT-HS 2006/2007).

Factory? I don't really understand what you are trying to tell me.

Last edited by Vh_Supra26; 02-19-14 at 07:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Acura NSX News