Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura NSX News

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-16, 08:07 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,456 Likes on 1,610 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
actually there are a group of nsx owners who feel quite "violated" about the new generation, thinking the car doesn't "represent" the nsx name and theirs were purer. i kind of expect that though given the posts i read before. it's an interesting car, there are some insane die hard fans
certainly not surprised... like i said, it's the passionate owners of gen-x corvettes, 911s, etc. some are always mad/violated/insulted/angry/betrayed you name it that a car maker dared to do something different for a newer model.
Old 02-27-16, 09:58 AM
GS3Tek

Received 167 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl

actually there are a group of nsx owners who feel quite "violated" about the new generation, thinking the car doesn't "represent" the nsx name and theirs were purer. i kind of expect that though given the posts i read before. it's an interesting car, there are some insane die hard fans
Well, if acura dumped the battery and threw in a 3rd pedal and a stick, I believe that can satisfy the hard core fans (while keeping the price considerably down).

At least the engine is still in the right place
Old 02-27-16, 12:55 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
Rominl

My wife doesn't care too much about this one.. I told her about the hybrid part, showed her a picture a while ago and she thought the looked like it was trying to be a Corvette.

Another odd pricing thing is that the solid color all leather seats are priced $1k higher than the two tone leather and Alcantara ones. I believe other manufacturers charge more for two tone with Alcantara.
I think Acura has it right with the pricing. High quality leather like semi aniline leather is more expensive and finer then Alcantara which is kind of like simulated suede made out of polyester and polyurethane that you don't have to worry about staining like you do with suede. Other manufactures tend to charge a pretty big premium for Alcantara bits on wheels and shifters, even more so over leather which does not make sense unless it is really cheap leather. Alcantara does not seem very popular so maybe that is why they charge so much for it but I don't understand why simulated leather would cost more then real fine leather.
Old 02-27-16, 01:09 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Well, if acura dumped the battery and threw in a 3rd pedal and a stick, I believe that can satisfy the hard core fans (while keeping the price considerably down).

Are those that complain the loudest about the no stick shift option anymore(auto journalists) actually going to buy a lighter stick shift NSX without the hybrid hardware for 120K or 130K? Doubt it, they can't afford it, they just love using a manual and listening to a loud engine for the hour or 2 they get to thrash a super car they don't own or could afford to buy. Sales of Ferrari manuals were so low they stopped offering them and that set a trend since modern DSG boxes shift faster, are quicker, and get better fuel economy and are easy to use.

There are off and on rumors there will be a non hybrid lighter NSX but I doubt it will have a manual, I think a Type R and convertible version will come out before that too.

I think some of those current NSX owners, especially ones that bought it used for under $50K, complaining a lot about the new NSX just can't afford it and are looking for something to bash the car for like it is not as "pure", too heavy, sound not as intoxicating when it really boils down to how expensive it is and it is out of their price range.

I love both versions of the car, they are different but special in their own ways, if price was no object I would take the new NSX any day over the original, wish I could afford a $155,000+ super car but I am not going to bash it because I can't. Even though it is a high price it still seems like a bargain compared to what you get and what other cars cost with similar performance/styling.
Old 02-28-16, 03:18 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek

I would rather have Honda dump the ICE and everything that goes with it and give us some moarrr electric torque instead.
Old 02-28-16, 08:48 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by UDel
Are those that complain the loudest about the no stick shift option anymore(auto journalists) actually going to buy a lighter stick shift NSX without the hybrid hardware for 120K or 130K? Doubt it, they can't afford it, they just love using a manual and listening to a loud engine for the hour or 2 they get to thrash a super car they don't own or could afford to buy.
perfectly stated. i guess bmw is pretty much the last hold out supporting stick die hards in a luxury sports car?

Originally Posted by Vladi
I would rather have Honda dump the ICE and everything that goes with it and give us some moarrr electric torque instead.
then it would be a high performance golf cart.
Old 02-28-16, 09:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

on the gen1 nsx owners, i think it's pretty extremely. no doubt there are handful of trash cars out there and there are owners who are stretching themselves to just afford a 20-30k nsx on a loan. but from what i see, quite a portion of the owners, especially, 2000+ are well into the group where owning the nsx doesn't really affect their lifestyle a bit.

i can't say for sure, but if a gen2 nsx with no hybrid, say pushing 400hp, and stick shift, maybe it opens up things more.
Old 03-01-16, 08:37 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
perfectly stated. i guess bmw is pretty much the last hold out supporting stick die hards in a luxury sports car?
I think the corvette with stick shift is just as " luxurious" as a low end BMW with stick shift .......
Old 03-02-16, 03:57 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Old 03-02-16, 10:13 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

audi rs4 driver tries to keep up with a new nsx.

love the girl passenger's final comment.

Old 03-02-16, 10:24 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

wow, the jay's garage video not only shows how great looking the car is, but also shows how great looking the car's lead designer is.
Old 03-02-16, 11:15 PM
BornDriver
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, the jay's garage video not only shows how great looking the car is, but also shows how great looking the car's lead designer is.
Oh, yeah, babe

We all like that rear quarter now. The blue pants showing off perfectly. Boss must love it also
Old 03-03-16, 10:21 AM
bigbwb
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Funny, I noticed this as well but chose not to be the first to say so
Old 03-03-16, 11:01 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bigbwb
Funny, I noticed this as well but chose not to be the first to say so
I think every guy noticed it who watched that video reading the comments on youtube.
She definitely chose a good outfit.
Old 03-03-16, 09:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

you just found out? reports on her surfaced long ago

Quick Reply: Acura NSX News