Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2013 Mercedes Benz C63 Black Series "Track Pack"

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-12, 06:19 PM
LexFather

Cool 2013 Mercedes Benz C63 Black Series "Track Pack"

If you can, go buy this car. There are certain cars that are a rare mix or specialness that drip and ooze swagger and passion and this one of of them. What makes it more amazing is this vehicle is based on a basic C class!! I was lucky enough to also have driven a 2012 C 250 Coupe which is a nice car in its own right but it is utterly and I mean UTTERLY mind boggling to know the C63 Black Series is somehow related to that car.

The C class coupe and C63 coupe in my eyes are good looking cars but I have always been a fan of the CLK Black Series and especially the DTM model with the even more crazy flares. It just gives the car that is normally rather staid a butch and angry stance. The "Black Series" bits do this for the C63 and that its painted "matte black" from the factory it simply looks sinister front, side and back. This is a rare "race pack" so it has additonal aero bits including a huge giant wing on the back that easily divides opinion. Overall I just love it. I do wish the headlights were more special though.

Inside you get Escaine everywhere or Suede. The seats are very grippy and snug and you feel like you are sitting on the street. The steering wheel feels amazing and there are carbon fiber bits abound. It doesn't feel cheap at all though it is very close to a base C250 which IMO already has a very well built interior. This vehicle has no backseat so you get some lovely black fabric to look at back there. I still have trouble with the Command system and give 2 craps about the radio in a vehicle like this. That V-8 symphony is all I need.

As soon as you start the car, the engine simply sounds like an angry God. At full throttle I told others it sounds like the Thor kicked the Hulk in the nuts. This makes 510hp at 6800rpm over the C63 451hp. The base C250 has a 1.8 liter I-4 with 201hp. So yeah over 300hp more It is simply AN EVENT. You instantly start grinning and with such confidence inspiring steering and throttle response it BEGS you to drive it harder. I can't wait to track it. Driving around streets and roads it is so loud people look at you wherever you drive before you arrive. Brake feel is incredible and stops quietly and amply. It goes exactly where you want, a wonderful point and shoot vehicle but you know at anytime you can let that sucker loose and drift it all you want.

Its magical. The engineers clearly used witchcraft to make it feel so special. Everything feels like it is one, there is nothing arguing inside or out, not the seats, not the steering, not the handling. It has a coilover setup up front and springs in the rear so you can adjust the front. KW lowering springs already are now installed on it (after my drive). It feels MORE than the sum of its parts.

And that is all there needs to be said. You don't need a 10 page review to know this is currently one of the special cars out there to buy. Its around 130k with some options and Mercedes won't say how many are being made about 100-150 and maybe 40-50 "race packs".

Updates to come as its tracked.

You know how its an amazing car? Because I am smiling typing this and thinking about my time with it.
Attached Thumbnails 2013 Mercedes Benz C63 Black Series "Track Pack"-hello.jpg   2013 Mercedes Benz C63 Black Series "Track Pack"-img_1934.jpg  

Old 10-25-12, 08:52 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

absolute beauty. I sat in the C63AMG and the seats were so bolstered that I physically couldn't fit my back into the seat. I was resting on the bolsters not in between them . The C63 is pretty special. This thing is just off the charts. Thanks for sharing.

I keep thinking about how one would have to maintain matte paint. I like my gloss personally. When I see these black series cars I think of the day my daughter was born. I was rushing to the hospital so we could have the baby and I saw a black SL65 AMG black series driving next to me on the freeway. As nervous as I was about having the baby and getting my wife to the hospital I still managed to bust out my phone and take video of the car while it was driving next to us. My wife thought I was crazy. I cant help it.
Old 10-25-12, 08:57 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,429 Likes on 1,592 Posts

nice review. thanks. amazing car.
Old 10-25-12, 11:32 PM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Extremely sinister vehicle
Old 10-26-12, 12:28 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

The 6.2L AMG V8 sounds like nothing else on the road. It is completely sinister
Old 10-26-12, 09:46 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

the amg engine sound is beyond intoxicating
Old 10-26-12, 09:53 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1Sick, you're supposed to take me with you on these test drives! I told you I'd fly in! LOL

OMG, I would love to even be in the car riding shotgun, what an experience that must be. I've never even SEEN one here in Maryland. Waiting impatiently.....
Old 10-26-12, 10:20 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by KevinGS
1Sick, you're supposed to take me with you on these test drives! I told you I'd fly in! LOL

OMG, I would love to even be in the car riding shotgun, what an experience that must be. I've never even SEEN one here in Maryland. Waiting impatiently.....
Bro my # is the same....lemme know...

edit

just texted you

Last edited by LexFather; 10-26-12 at 10:33 AM.

Old 10-26-12, 12:49 PM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice writeup...my only quarrel is the wing, for such a high end car I would appreciate a better wing to flow with the car. not one that could be mistake for an ebay special

one of my good friends BF has a C63...amazing car, and the tone from the pipes (like most said) is addicting!
Old 10-26-12, 12:59 PM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

minus the wing awesome car.
Old 10-26-12, 01:49 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

I saw one back in June at a light, it is a pretty sweet ride. I like small cars with tons of power.
Old 10-26-12, 04:52 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

my dream car! wish my F could sound like this beast! haha
Old 10-26-12, 07:03 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

You sound like Clarkson talking about this car !!
Old 10-26-12, 09:09 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by baddis es
nice writeup...my only quarrel is the wing, for such a high end car I would appreciate a better wing to flow with the car. not one that could be mistake for an ebay special

one of my good friends BF has a C63...amazing car, and the tone from the pipes (like most said) is addicting!
Originally Posted by jbjones85
minus the wing awesome car.
This.

They had this one at my tint shop when I was there earlier this year. The wing is optional.

Incredible cars. They have a beautiful, white, slightly used one at my BMW dealership currently for sale....$130K.
Attached Thumbnails 2013 Mercedes Benz C63 Black Series "Track Pack"-c63-black-series-satin-matte-wrap-8.jpg  
Old 10-26-12, 10:02 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Horrific car and I would never touch one. I don't see any swagger or passion here at all, just a plebeian soulless teutonic Mercedes stripped of any and all refinement for parts that have no real world value and a price tag to match.

This is a car you drive once or twice for fun and to show off. As an ownership proposition it is not attractive. It doesn't even look that great to my eyes.

Quick Reply: 2013 Mercedes Benz C63 Black Series "Track Pack"