Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Just got the dumbest ticket today

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-12, 09:59 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
The problem with stopping for a pedestrian at the other end of the street is you risk getting rear-ended. No one expects people to stop that far in advance. So in essence, it's creating a major safety hazard to do so. I've noticed this not only at crosswalks for far-off peds, but also when coming to a full and complete stop at a regular stop sign. The person behind you will almost rear-end you because he/she isn't expecting you or anyone to actually do the full stop. At the very least, you get a close call and an angry driver behind you.
I'm surprised this hasn't come up before. I see it every week in my neighborhood.
So--I'm going to say *this* is your best defense--not hoping they lost the record of your tix. "Yes your honor, I realize that I have to stop for pedestrians. But the pedestrian was so far from my lane, I thought I'd be creating a hazardous condition by stopping. I realize now, and I'll never do it again."
Old 10-28-12, 12:23 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tex2670
So--I'm going to say *this* is your best defense--not hoping they lost the record of your tix. "Yes your honor, I realize that I have to stop for pedestrians. But the pedestrian was so far from my lane, I thought I'd be creating a hazardous condition by stopping. I realize now, and I'll never do it again."
Sounds great but it will not likely work any better than any other excuse, you can come up with. While your remorse is always great for a judge to hear, it is still an admission of guilt. Really posting on here and hearing suggestions is great, but if you can the best advice is to hire a lawyer. Now is it woth $500 to defend against $200 fine (these are not the numbers just throwing them out there) that is for you to determine. Factor in your income, insurance hike (maybe) and points to your driver's license (if applicable) and that might help you decide. Goodluck!
Old 10-28-12, 01:24 PM
KA8
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jinso
I violated VC 21950(a), which is failure to yield to pedestrians in a crosswalk. I was driving around in LA today and I was at a corner with a red light. I was waiting to make my right turn and I noticed to the crosswalk signal go off as I was turning. It was one of those really long crosswalks and I figured theres no way I am gonna hit anyone by going since there were people all the way at the beginning of the crosswalk. If they were in the middle already walking, of course Id stop for them. Anyone here ever get a ticket for this?? I hear the fine is worth over $200.00.

It doesnt stop there, I got fined for tinted windows too.....so Im looking at a grand total of $400-460 as my bail amount fine unless I go and get the tint removed which I should.

Thanks for reading guys
There is your problem. I used to drive in LA, ktown to be precie, and you better obey ALL laws. They used to have pedestrian crossing traps. This is one of the reasons why I stop at stop signs for 3 seconds no joke lol. I try not not to take my Z to LA. If I do I drive like a grandpa with bad reflexes.