Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Jaguar reveals 2014 XFR-S

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-12, 02:16 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If Jag does one thing right it's the design.

Anyway what's up with this duo finish rim trend? What a god awful trend, it's so plasticky and thin looking.
Old 11-28-12, 03:46 PM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Jaguar, just redesign the rear wing and it's bullseye all the way!
Old 11-28-12, 09:27 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

First mod: remove wing

Other than that this is an awesome car
Old 11-29-12, 04:54 PM
LexFather

Jaguar really has gotten super sporty and they have some really nice offerings but they are not resonating with many. Sales are just stagnant.

I honestly think they need DIRE help with marketing. Their weird ads in print and tv are not getting it done.

Old 11-29-12, 05:53 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
Jaguar really has gotten super sporty and they have some really nice offerings but they are not resonating with many. Sales are just stagnant.

I honestly think they need DIRE help with marketing. Their weird ads in print and tv are not getting it done.
The XJ is selling more than the previous model isn't it? Regardless, I don't think marketing is their main problem. I think the AWD additions will cause a sales boost when they hit the streets but most importantly...they need that damn 3-series competitor to hit the streets. I don't think Jaguar is going to see any meaningful boost in sales until that happens. Furthermore, the XF will remain a niche model in my eyes until they boost their MPG's and get the interiors/tech completely up to Lex/BMW/Audi/Mercedes levels. The interior is definitely nice, but some areas of the interior are just not as nice as the competition.
Old 11-29-12, 06:57 PM
Squirrelz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is quite the fuel sipper for such a ghastly engine and power output!
Old 11-30-12, 04:37 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TangoRed
they need that damn 3-series competitor to hit the streets.
Regarding that.......

Hopefully they do it right this time (hoping that they've learned from the failures they made during the X-type era)
Old 11-30-12, 04:48 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackraven
Regarding that.......

Hopefully they do it right this time (hoping that they've learned from the failures they made during the X-type era)
Ha that was brought up in another thread. Basically now that Ford is not their parent company they won't be forced to platform share with a mainstream sedan, so I don't foresee an X-type repeat. Ford was beneficial to Jag in many ways, just not that one.
Old 11-30-12, 10:31 AM
Carmaker1
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 56 Posts

Having commented on this so many times elsewhere, I'm happy to once again see Jaguar progressing forward. Even though my family hasn't bought one in almost 4 years(we have 4), I've always liked the XF despite criticism of it looking like a copycat of 3GS(especially from my dad). I'll never consider a new Jaguar for myself until they offer a stick again, as the last desirable production manual Jaguar was the 1995-1997 Jaguar XJR X300. Now, working for them is another story.

Old 11-30-12, 11:59 AM
Vossen Wheels
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Never thought I'd see a "boy-racer" Jaguar. Like Hoovey said, the color SCREAMS Polestar Volvo or 3M Painters tape, lol. This car in black would be sinister!
Old 12-01-12, 07:14 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TangoRed
The XJ is selling more than the previous model isn't it? Regardless, I don't think marketing is their main problem. I think the AWD additions will cause a sales boost when they hit the streets but most importantly...they need that damn 3-series competitor to hit the streets. I don't think Jaguar is going to see any meaningful boost in sales until that happens. Furthermore, the XF will remain a niche model in my eyes until they boost their MPG's and get the interiors/tech completely up to Lex/BMW/Audi/Mercedes levels. The interior is definitely nice, but some areas of the interior are just not as nice as the competition.
Exactly. The 3 Series segment is the bread-and-butter segment for most automakers and is the way to introduce new customers and eventually get them to move up to the larger, more expensive (and high profit margin) cars. Jaguar doesn't have that, so sales will probably continue to stagnate. Instead, they are introducing a 2-seat roadster that will once again be a niche car.

Their cars do look nice tho.
Old 12-01-12, 07:43 PM
SteVTEC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

totally sexy cat!
Old 12-04-12, 09:09 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Jaguar XFR-S is motor-**** on a mountain road

Jaguar XFR-S is motor-**** on a mountain road

The 2014 Jaguar XFR-S might have only been good enough to take the runner-up spot in our Editor's Choice top five debuts at the LA Auto Show, but we'd be hard-pressed to find a car with a more exhilarating exhaust note. As proof of this, Jaguar released a video showing the XFR-S tearing up a windy, European mountain road in close to a minute of hardcore driving footage.

The big blue cat has the same great exhaust note of the XKR-S, and the driver puts all of the car's 550 horsepower to work demonstrating the handling – and drifting – abilities of the new XFR-S. If there's any disappointment to be had, it's the fact that you have to jump to the 30-second mark of the video for any of the action to start.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/12/04/j...mountain-road/
Old 12-04-12, 09:21 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My goodness. I love it. I kind of even like the wing. In black, this would be spectacular, or any deep, rich, dark color.

Way to go, Jag, I think that's an awesome job and a great refresh.

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
I'd get this over an M5 or E63 or CTS-V...
Yeah, I think so too. I have to say, having been in a CTS-V, that car is intoxicatingly fast. M5 and E63? Something about each of those designs that are just "not me", but they both are hella fast. But realistically, when I'm just cruising around (which is what we're doing at least 75% of the time), I'd much rather be in that Jag.

That video, I can't stop watching it.... LOL
Old 12-04-12, 09:31 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I love seeing new performance cars from luxury auto makers. Jaguar is definitely bringing a lot to the table lately. Love their designs lately, and only hope for them to improve even more!