Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Another "what should I get" thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-12, 08:48 AM
Ap1_Alan
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Another "what should I get" thread

Insurance company is totaling my GS (3rd gen), and I'm tired of driving the rental Nissan Versa I have now

So i'm looking to get into something this weekend. Honestly, I'm all over the map. I want to lease this time, since i switch cars pretty often and I dont drive much anymore. Must be under $50k and new.

My current list:
A5
G37 sedan (had a 07 sedan, but they're offering 24 month leases for a great price now)
acura TSX (i'm sure i'm in the minority, but i actually like the way these look)
335 sedan

The a5 stands out as the only coupe, and I'm not sure I want a coupe, but they look so sexy.

Anything else i should check out? If you know of any good lease specials going on now, feel free to throw that out there.
Old 12-21-12, 09:13 AM
LexFather

Well the new G err Qwhatever debuts next month if you don't mind the old model. I am tempted too cause the 24 month lease as a cheap as a bar tab Its a lot of car for the money.

TSX is older also going to be discontinued so no bueno and does nothing really well

A5 looks great, drives good, did I mention looks great Just got the MMC too so its fresh

335 sedan, the new one is really good the usual nice blend of luxury and sport and the added space is nice. I think it looks great with a painted grill.

If you are interested, the GS is leasing really well right now and Lexus has some good incentives on it. Its really a fantastic driving vehicle and the interior is top notch.

Old 12-21-12, 09:25 AM
Ap1_Alan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Blueprint
Well the new G err Qwhatever debuts next month if you don't mind the old model. I am tempted too cause the 24 month lease as a cheap as a bar tab Its a lot of car for the money.

TSX is older also going to be discontinued so no bueno and does nothing really well

A5 looks great, drives good, did I mention looks great Just got the MMC too so its fresh

335 sedan, the new one is really good the usual nice blend of luxury and sport and the added space is nice. I think it looks great with a painted grill.

If you are interested, the GS is leasing really well right now and Lexus has some good incentives on it. Its really a fantastic driving vehicle and the interior is top notch.
The G lease is almost too good to pass up. I'm being offered $270 per month, $0 down, 24 months. That's about half of what I was planning on spending, plus it's only 2 years, a little extra money in my pocket never hurts.

I hated the new GS looks when it came out, but I'll admit it's growing on me. I might have to go drive one
Old 12-21-12, 09:32 AM
LexFather

That is insane. Acura is asking $229 a month with 2k down on an ILX lol.... I was around 3 bills for a G37... GS will lease for twice that.....

For $270 a month and a basic sign and drive nothing will come close to a G37.

Old 12-21-12, 10:21 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

If you can stomach the BMW I-Drive (which I can't), I'm otherwise in agreement with Paul (bitkahuna) on the 335i...especially the xi AWD model if you are in an area with bad weather. Not a cheap car by any means, but, IMO, it wrote the book on being the ideal combination of driving feel, steering/chassis-engineering, and the ideal ride-handling balance. And, even at its price, it offers, IMO, substantially better value for the money, as a street-car, than the significantly more expensive M3.

Of course, BMWs usually can't equal Lexus in the reliability department. If reliability is the main issue, check out an IS or other Lexus.

Last edited by mmarshall; 12-21-12 at 10:24 AM.
Old 12-21-12, 10:40 AM
GS3Tek
Forum Moderator

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Ap1_Alan
The G lease is almost too good to pass up. I'm being offered $270 per month, $0 down, 24 months. That's about half of what I was planning on spending, plus it's only 2 years, a little extra money in my pocket never hurts.
Dang, that's dirt cheap.
I saw a camry lease going for around $199 or low $200s already.

Leasing is perfect if you like to switch cars often.
Old 12-21-12, 10:41 AM
amphipri0n
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We'd probably be able to give more helpful comments if you listed in order, what your priorities are for the vehicle. power? handling? quiet? driver/passenger comfort? prestige?
Old 12-21-12, 11:30 AM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 127 Likes on 68 Posts

Where on CA is this G lease? Is it on coupe as well?
Old 12-21-12, 12:50 PM
Ap1_Alan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ST430
Where on CA is this G lease? Is it on coupe as well?
I believe it's only sedans. PM'd you with dealer location

The more I think about it, the more I lean towards the infiniti. It's just too good of a deal to pass on. It's hard to justify $300 more per month for the A5 or 335, plus they would be 36 month leases.
Old 12-21-12, 01:53 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hated the new GS looks when it came out, but I'll admit it's growing on me. I might have to go drive one
Alan, what?????? $270/month and no money down?????? For 2 years???? Are you serious? Sheeesh! Now you makin' me go take a look.

I was waiting for the new IS so I could decide between a 3-series and the new IS....but maybe I should just go get a GS for a few years, and then make that decision in 2 years. Hmmmmm.... I just wish it had a V8.
Old 12-21-12, 04:22 PM
mrraider
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would look at the ATS. The 3.6 has gotten good reviews, and the 2.0t is no slouch either.
Old 12-21-12, 04:36 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'd go for the G...especially with the awesome deal you stand on getting. GL, keep us posted.

steve
Old 12-21-12, 05:22 PM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts

Don't! You'll like how it drives too much hah
Old 12-21-12, 08:46 PM
Ap1_Alan
Intermediate

So i got into the dealership and got all the details:

Price was for the g37 premium with nav, 10k miles per year. It was "$0 down" but they're still charging registration, first month, and other fees due at signing. So it's not a sign & drive

I need 12k miles per year, and after looking at them I would need the Sport package. Same down, but payment goes up to $325.

It's not as good as I originally thought, but it's still pretty damn good. I also priced out a 328i sedan with M sport package, premium, and tech. 39 month lease, same out of pocket down as the infiniti, about $525/mo.

So now I have to decide if the 3 series is worth $200 more per month
Old 12-22-12, 03:12 PM
mrraider
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So i got into the dealership and got all the details:

Price was for the g37 premium with nav, 10k miles per year. It was "$0 down" but they're still charging registration, first month, and other fees due at signing. So it's not a sign & drive

I need 12k miles per year, and after looking at them I would need the Sport package. Same down, but payment goes up to $325.

It's not as good as I originally thought, but it's still pretty damn good. I also priced out a 328i sedan with M sport package, premium, and tech. 39 month lease, same out of pocket down as the infiniti, about $525/mo.

So now I have to decide if the 3 series is worth $200 more per month
Did you look at the ATS?

Quick Reply: Another "what should I get" thread