Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-13, 12:40 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,473 Likes on 1,624 Posts

there's a lot to love about it...
Attached Thumbnails C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread-2013-10-25-10.10.09-1024.jpg   C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread-2013-10-25-10.28.16-1024.jpg  
Old 10-25-13, 01:02 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

wow such an improved interior!
Old 10-25-13, 02:04 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,473 Likes on 1,624 Posts

this friend's one is about 2 weeks old. he didn't even know what options he had on it, so i can't say here but some observations:

exterior is stunning from all angles. love it!

interior is very comfy, very tightly put together (doors close beautifully), and very high tech. feels much higher level materials than prior vettes but we already knew that.

seats adjust in a million ways, and memory memorizes wheel power tilt/telescope too - if you can get comfy here, you just can't get comfy.

the speedo is LED and the 'cursor' pad on the right side of the steering wheel allows the center info to
heads up display is very cool - best i've seen. 3 buttons to left of steering wheel control the following:
- on/off / position on windshield
- display mode (what info to show)
mode is awesome, you can see just tach, tach / digital speedo / gear, tach/speedo/g-force / etc., and there's a mode you can see upcoming nav turn, but didn't get to play with that.
- brightness up/down

so how does it drive? like you'd expect, it's a rocket and corners flat, but what surprised me some is the somewhat restrained throttle response on gentle take-off. no doubt it's all electronic and avoid jerky starts.

there's 5 distinct driving modes selectable by a left/right rotary **** to the left of your right elbow. modes:
- weather (like Lexus snow mode)
- eco (fuel economy)
- touring (maybe this is 'normal')
- sport (assume more aggressive shifts but definitely stiffer suspension)
- track (oh yeah )

even in touring mode, the ride is still fairly stiff, but it does have some suspension travel and you definitely notice a switch to sport. there was no point in me trying out track on my brief drive. the ride is also no doubt affected by the very low profile tires. ride is fairly quiet, but not lexus-like quiet, as you'd expect. door windows do the drop and up on entry/exit for a tighter frameless fit, so there's no wind noise to speed of. but you do hear road noise, and of course, engine noise.

speaking of engine noise, i don't recall if the exhaust sound is electronically augmented, mechanically changing (depending on throttle, etc.), but if you 'hit it' the exhaust gets LOUD. to me, too loud, and would get on my nerves. maybe the 4 pipes at the back really do all serve a purpose.

brakes are very nice and progressive, with, as you'd expect, excellent stopping power.

that's it for now... more maybe later...
Old 10-25-13, 06:38 PM
Hoovey689

Default Chevy monitors drivers' biometrics while experiencing new Corvette Stingray

Chevy monitors drivers' biometrics while experiencing new Corvette Stingray

More videos:
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/10/25/c...drivers-video/
Old 10-27-13, 12:37 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I am more an more impressed with the C7 every single time I read about it, look at photos, or watch video reviews.
Old 10-28-13, 02:57 PM
Hoovey689

Default National Corvette Museum receives largest donation of cars to date

National Corvette Museum receives largest donation of cars to date

Gallery:
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/natio...photo-1279503/

NATIONAL CORVETTE MUSEUM RECEIVES LARGEST DONATION TO DATE
Corvette enthusiast Don Messner leaves his car collection to the Museum

Corvette enthusiasts are known world-wide for their passion towards America's sports car and the lifestyle it inspires, but some people take their love for this car beyond the extra mile. Such a person was businessman and Montoursville, PA resident, Donald L. Messner, who made arrangements for his Corvette collection to be gifted to the National Corvette Museum upon his passing.

In business Don was known for his focus, determination and ability to make things happen. In his personal life, he was equally determined to make the most of it, enjoying a wide variety of activities including scuba diving, horses, racing, power boating, radio control airplanes, fishing, hunting and Corvettes.

Don's love for Corvettes led him on a search to acquire low mileage, rare cars that were in excellent condition. Over the years, as his collection grew, he had a special climate-controlled garage built for them that he called The Toy Box.

In January of 2012 Don was diagnosed with melanoma. Knowing it was incurable; he continued to enjoy life as much as he was able. He joined the Museum for the exclusive unveiling of the 2014 Corvette Stingray at the Chevrolet Media Event in Detroit, and traveled to the National Corvette Museum to take delivery of his 2013 Corvette, as well as a visit to the Corvette Assembly Plant. While at the Museum, he decided that it was the best place to permanently display his Corvette collection.

For his wife Marlene, she is gratified to see Don's collection going to the Museum to be enjoyed by the thousands of visitors who visit annually.

"He said he wanted to plant a seed. He wanted others in similar situations with rare Corvettes to see the Museum as a place for them. Most of all, he wanted to inspire future generations to work hard to buy their own Corvettes some day so that they, too, could enjoy the lifestyle that goes with owning them."

The Corvettes in the Don Messner Collection include:
-1965 grey coupe, custom race built Corvette
-1967 427 convertible Corvette
-1969 convertible/hard top Corvette
-1989 coupe Corvette
-1990 ZR-1 Corvette
-1996 Collector's Edition Corvette
-1996 Grand Sport Corvette
-2000 convertible Corvette
-2008 Z06 Corvette
-2013 60th Anniversary Corvette with R8C Museum Delivery

Don passed on May 22, 2013, but he has left behind a stunning collection of cars that will demonstrate his love of Corvette to others for years to come. "When people see these cars," Marlene says, "I want them to remember Don Messner and his legacy. He was an amazing and very generous man."

A special exhibit of these cars will be held in the Museum Exhibit Hall from May 10-September 12, 2014.

For more info on this or other upcoming exhibits at the museum, visit the website at www.corvettemuseum.org or contact the museum at 270-781-7973.

About the National Corvette Museum:
Since 1953 the Corvette has been America's Sports Car. The National Corvette Museum was established as a 501(c)3 not-for-profit foundation with a mission of celebrating the invention of the Corvette; preserving its past, present and future; and educating the public about Corvette.

The National Corvette Museum is open daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT. The Museum is located at Exit 28 off I-65 in Bowling Green, KY. For more information on the National Corvette Museum, visit our website at: www.corvettemuseum.orgor call (800) 53-VETTE (83883).
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/10/28/n...sner-donation/
Old 10-28-13, 03:06 PM
LexFather

^^^ Yeah awesome story! I would love to go back and visit.

Old 10-28-13, 03:58 PM
Hoovey689

I think they're receiving so many Vettes because of the praise and success of the new one
Old 10-28-13, 07:17 PM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This vette takes me by the heart, just looking in paper, poctures, video clips, and hearing exhaust notes. This is the most exciting vette ever produced.

I feel like it has the agility and balance of the FT86. The performances of Super car class on brakes, chasis, powertrain. It has the look of a super car exterior and interior. Yet it has MPG of a 6 cylinders sedan, and a soft price for its performance.

When is the best time to have rebate, and to buy one of em ?
Old 10-29-13, 06:09 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Whitigir
This vette takes me by the heart, just looking in paper, poctures, video clips, and hearing exhaust notes. This is the most exciting vette ever produced.

I feel like it has the agility and balance of the FT86. The performances of Super car class on brakes, chasis, powertrain. It has the look of a super car exterior and interior. Yet it has MPG of a 6 cylinders sedan, and a soft price for its performance.

When is the best time to have rebate, and to buy one of em ?
huge discounts on 2013s now if you can find one
Attached Thumbnails C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread-capture.jpg   C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread-capture1.jpg  

Last edited by bagwell; 10-29-13 at 07:44 AM.
Old 10-29-13, 11:27 AM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bagwell
huge discounts on 2013s now if you can find one
That is Awesome, if I could buy a C7 for that Price!!

The C6 never really pull my interests.

Though, 4 days, what dates ?

Very Irresistable though LOL. Thanks for sharing
Old 10-29-13, 11:45 AM
Hoovey689

Amazing prices on the C6. I'd still want the C7, but some folks will be getting a fantastic deal
Old 10-29-13, 11:55 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Whitigir
That is Awesome, if I could buy a C7 for that Price!!

The C6 never really pull my interests.

Though, 4 days, what dates ?

Very Irresistable though LOL. Thanks for sharing
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-d...m-savings.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-d...r-savings.html
Old 10-29-13, 11:59 AM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Corvette owner Loyalty Required .... I have never owned one

Thanks for sharing again
Old 10-29-13, 12:34 PM