Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-13, 01:57 PM
robloc93
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

IMO, I seriously think the C7 is one of the most handsome 'Vette's ever made. Round tails lights or not, it looks great. I remember the complaints when the C5 lost the pop of headlights but that was quickly diminished.!! Great job Chevy!,
Old 10-31-13, 02:16 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
No round taillights? On a CORVETTE?
It's the dawn of a new era.
Old 10-31-13, 02:27 PM
loveslexus
The Dog Whisperer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Put a Ferrari emblem on it.....
Old 10-31-13, 02:39 PM
CallmeDoc
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In all fairness, that C6 in the vid is an 05 (you can tell by the shark xm antenna) and an auto (ie the 4 speed auto and slowest C6 of all the years produced).

Ive had my time in a C7, and its a wonderful 1st vette for someone who is new to the brand. But dont be fooled by the vid. It doesnt take much to make a base LS2 or LS3 C6 "faster" than a C7. Im waiting for the Z07 this time around....

Last edited by CallmeDoc; 10-31-13 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-31-13, 04:18 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by 260hpTypeS
In all fairness, that C6 in the vid is an 05 (you can tell by the shark xm antenna) and an auto (ie the 4 speed auto and slowest C6 of all the years produced).

Ive had my time in a C7, and its a wonderful 1st vette for someone who is new to the brand. But dont be fooled by the vid. It doesnt take much to make a base LS2 or LS3 C6 "faster" than a C7. Im waiting for the Z07 this time around....

that's not the point of the video. the c7 is a lot faster than the ls2 and ls3 previous vette both 0-60 and quarter mile. for the same base price of the previous gens.
Old 10-31-13, 05:03 PM
CallmeDoc
Driver

"A lot" faster

A stock LS3 C6 Z51 6 speed OR an LS2 Z51 6-speed with a set of long tubes will run the same high 11s/low 12s that the C7 7-speed manual runs, so not sure what your getting your facts from. Certainly it cant be based on a vid of a weak 4-speed auto (with it's notorious lazy downshifts) C6. Funny how that C6 hangs in there a lot better from a 60 roll when that trans downshifts to the right gear. It takes someone who knows a *bit* about vette's to pick up the little stuff in that vid.
Old 10-31-13, 05:42 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by 260hpTypeS
"A lot" faster

A stock LS3 C6 Z51 6 speed OR an LS2 Z51 6-speed with a set of long tubes will run the same high 11s/low 12s that the C7 7-speed manual runs, so not sure what your getting your facts from. Certainly it cant be based on a vid of a weak 4-speed auto (with it's notorious lazy downshifts) C6. Funny how that C6 hangs in there a lot better from a 60 roll when that trans downshifts to the right gear. It takes someone who knows a *bit* about vette's to pick up the little stuff in that vid.
why are you still adding mods on top of the c6? lol did you read what i put? its showing you a stock c7 is much faster than a stock c6 when a stock c7 is beating a c6 with minor bolt ons. The title of the vid is "c7 battles modified c6 vette". was there any lie to that title? you are over here being irrelevant with your magic modding scenarios and outcomes. these "what ifs" and "if it had this". car for car, the c6 is much slower. yes. i said it. doesn't matter if its manual , auto, ls2, ls3. these cars aren't even out like that and there is one person running in the 11s. top drivers on the c6 forums stock , compare it. wait until it gets in the hands of more people and let them race at these great condition tracks that the c6 best times have gotten.

please , no need to back up the c6.

Last edited by ISFPOWER; 10-31-13 at 05:48 PM.
Old 10-31-13, 05:53 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default What she really is in a whole lot less words

I tried really hard to read all of that. When I knew I was reading what the writer wanted you to read and not wholly what is truth I just started scanning. After a while of that I gave up.

He talked about fiberglass. They haven't had that for skin in many years. The hood and roof are carbon fiber. The doors, fenders, and rest of the skin is carbon composites. The frame is 100% aluminum. The steering is electric rack & pinion. It comes standard with the Michelin run flats and they grip better than anything I've ever experienced. With the NPP (performance exhaust) she's a push rod 6.2L, port injected 460hp very controllable lady with an attitude .

I own VIN #3602. I've owned over a 100 cars in my lifetime and she's (almost all Vette's are female gender) my first Vette. They finally made one for me. To describe my gal with a couple of photos she's a Torch Red Z51 with the mag ride system and Kalahari 2LT interior. I also ordered the carbon fiber dash option, black wheels w/red calipers, navi, and the performance exhaust system with the 6spd paddle shift auto tranny.

With the Z51 pkg, all the vents are real and working. The hood vents air from the top third of the radiator. The front qtr panel vents exit hot air from the brakes and engine compartment. The rear qtr panel vents scoop in air for the ELIC Diff on one side and the Automatic on the other side. On the back fascia, 4 vents discharge that air and the cooling air for the rear brakes.

The performance times of 3.8 GM gave out are on the M7 (manual 7spd). If you go onto the corvette forum or google it, you'll find times lower down in the 3's for the 6spd auto, it faster by far. On the highway (level) I have no issue cruising at 70 and if it's just myself, cruising between 35 and 38mpg. Worlds only 460hp economy car . My overall average since I picked her up 1400 miles ago is right at 22mpg. And I get on it whenever I get the 10.5 qts of oil (dry sump) warmed up.

The radio is a really good Bose that requires some adjustment to get the right sounds but with my iPod Fleetwood Mac never sounded better in a car. HOWEVER.... There are 4 trumpets firmly attached to the hind end and their symphony is so overpowering I really don't listen to the radio that much.

I keep saying 'her'. Her name is Lola and couldn't be more appropriate for this gal. I found this on the net.
Lola
This is the type of girl that once she’s in your heart she’ll stay there forever; she’s everything a guy could ever want/need. She fascinates you by her stunning looks and great personality, her voice creates a sense of happiness, every time you hear that voice it leaves you speechless, astounded and most of all so so happy. She has these most magnificent pair of sky blue eyes which gleam out and shine, making your heart warm and feeling very much in love. You’ll find yourself on your toes with this girl, she’s full of excitement and surprise, she’s a challenge but not a bad one. This girl is hard to come by, if you’ve got this girl you’re the luckiest guy in the world, as she’s truly perfect. Once in love with her consider yourself locked, her superlative qualities and personality will put you off all other girls for life, as there is no one else like Lola.

That pretty much describes her. Driving on the highway requires more attention than I thought and for reasons I didn't think of. To give you an idea of her height, the top is an exact match to the bottom of the windows when parked to my RX45h. Now that you have an image of spatial relations with other cars at 70+ mph imagine these other cars weaving all over the lanes in a dance with you. Just this afternoon I was dodging a GMC SUV on my right, the driver was trying to video me while driving in traffic himself. It's been this way since I got her, the gal's got some looks and MoJo.

Dressed out like mine, you're looking at about $66-68K. With the special edition and 3LT trim you can get over $70 easy. Dealers that had an order cancel out are garnering 10-20K over list because they have one (if it's a Z51). For the most part, the popular options are sold out into next year. GM figured a 40% take rate on the Z51 pkg and it's running between 80 & 85% on the orders. It's currently on constraint (orders held till parts availability builds). Base models are going to be available in showrooms soon I expect.

Going with a local 'Vette group into the NC mountains Saturday morning.
Here's my Lola
Attached Thumbnails C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread-dscf2158-001.jpg   C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread-dscf2162_3_4_tonemapped-dawsonville.jpg   C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread-imag0531.jpg   C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread-dscf2232.jpg   C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread-imag0530.jpg  

Last edited by Cruiter; 10-31-13 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-31-13, 06:42 PM
SteVTEC
Lexus Test Driver

LOVE IT! very sweet car Jim!
Old 10-31-13, 06:46 PM
CallmeDoc
Driver

Cruiter,

Congrats on your 1st Vette. I remember feeling the same way when I 1st picked up my Vette 5 yrs ago You will be a Vette fan for life, without a doubt. Great color combo too I owned a Velocity Yellow C7 7-speed Z51 for a short stint but sold it to someone for a little profit after enjoying it for 250 miles. The C7 is an awesome build for sure. Love the added tech. Plan to add a Z07 to the stable in the future....but the way the C7 demand/supply is right now, I fear that may be longer off than I hoped for...
Old 11-01-13, 03:26 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

Jim, I was wondering when we would see Lola standing still, LOL! I checked out that color up close and personal at the Precision Drive. It's sharper in person, pictures don't do it justice. Glad to hear you're enjoying yours.
Old 11-02-13, 02:50 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a start-up tour and in-depth review from 'saabkyle04'

[YOUTUBE]4hZZysNq1No[/YOUTUBE]

Old 11-02-13, 07:05 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackraven
Here's a start-up tour and in-depth review from 'saabkyle04'

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 Start Up, Exhaust, and In Depth Review - YouTube
love it, another 7-speeed!!! But IMO, black wheels would look better on this car....black is the new chrome...chrome seems 1980's to me now.
Old 11-03-13, 08:00 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Color of the wheels is a matter of personal choice. Standard alloy color, chromed, or black like on mine above. Order it you're way .
Originally Posted by bagwell
love it, another 7-speeed!!! But IMO, black wheels would look better on this car....black is the new chrome...chrome seems 1980's to me now.
Old 11-04-13, 04:48 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Default Colorful Cars and Fall Colors

Saturday I was a guest with Classic Glass a Vette club from Cobb County. We were around 25 cars strong leaving North Atlanta for some of the best mountain roads around in NC and North GA. We traveled first to Franklin NC then back on some really insane twisty roads.

Then yesterday morning I went 'late' to the Caffeine and Octane meeting that even though it was cold and started at 0530, they had the biggest turn out ever. I didn't arrive until 0740 (on the way to church) and while looking w/o success for a parking spot Trip Campbell from Atlanta Motorsports Park saw me and asked me to follow him backwards to a slot with his Velocity driving experience Ferrari's . Thank you Trip for the hospitality shown, what an experience that was. My weekend with LoLa gelled into even more fun than I ever expected with this car. Below are a few photos of both days. I did make a big error by not turning on the Bluetooth for my mounted GoPro before getting into the mountain turns or I'd have some great videos. There was no reaching back for it at that time , much to busy.
Attached Thumbnails C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread-dscf2297.jpg   C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread-dscf2300.jpg   C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread-dscf2305.jpg   C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread-imag0547-001.jpg  

Last edited by Cruiter; 11-04-13 at 04:52 AM.

Quick Reply: C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread