Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-13, 12:15 AM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've seen a few C7s on the road lately and they look even better in person than in pics. Great looking cars!
Old 12-08-13, 01:46 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Just because .....

Just because yesterday was rare in that it didn't rain
Just because cloudy days are good for color photography
Just because Lola wanted a romp (had been locked in the garage several days)
And what Lola wants, Lola gets

And quite a few people saw a C7 in the wild yesterday. On the way home I pulled into Publix with a Cyber Grey C7 behind me and a neighbor with a maroon Ferrari saw us and parked with us too then everyone coming out of the store migrated in our direction. It seems to happen that way .
Attached Thumbnails C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread-barn1.jpg   C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread-barn2.jpg   C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread-dscf2353.jpg  
Old 12-08-13, 02:02 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

^^ sweetness meter to max
Old 12-08-13, 06:05 PM
LexFather

Its quite the car…been driving it around Art Basel weekend here and it draws a crowd, commands attention and people love it. Its also great to see kids and the youth loving the new C7.

Friday I took it out to a car meet and there was a flock of people around it immediately and I really enjoyed talking to people about it.

Around town it rides like a Lexus …its comfy with the stock 18s and even with the 20s/21s its not harsh like the C6. The different modes make a great difference. The Rev Match is really something I'm enjoying too, my first time with a vehicle with it (manual) and I love it. The car is fast but not scary fast.

There have been a couple of quality hiccups but they have been fixed.

Old 12-08-13, 07:29 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
yea autos only at the place. I had driven the GTR before the C7, GTR felt like cheating lol with the amount of grip it has. Took more work to drive the C7 better. I got a best lap of 57.81s on the GTR and on the C7 I got 1:00.83
do they let you go 100%? because if I pay that kinda money I don't wanna be holding back at all!
Old 12-08-13, 07:44 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by bagwell
do they let you go 100%? because if I pay that kinda money I don't wanna be holding back at all!
Well everyone will be slower in a manual. The Vossen one I drive is a manual and its fantastic. Yes its slower on the track and on the road but there is an involvement with the machine paddles and a fancy auto cannot match. The manual in the C7 IMO is very well done and pretty smooth considering how much power it moves. 7th gear is great for cruising, literally 1500 RPM at 80 MPH…

I'm no manual purist dissing cars not manual but there is a real joy shifting the Stingray around...

Old 12-08-13, 07:56 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell
you can drive as fast as your abilities allow you to. As long as your safe they wont hold you back

I still got a faster lap time in the GTR
Old 12-09-13, 06:13 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexFather
Well everyone will be slower in a manual. The Vossen one I drive is a manual and its fantastic. Yes its slower on the track and on the road but there is an involvement with the machine paddles and a fancy auto cannot match. The manual in the C7 IMO is very well done and pretty smooth considering how much power it moves. 7th gear is great for cruising, literally 1500 RPM at 80 MPH…

I'm no manual purist dissing cars not manual but there is a real joy shifting the Stingray around...
oh no doubt....I've owned C4/5/6 all w/manual trannys...I just feel more connected to the car when I have to manual shift it....like I'm an integral part of it...because I am! its also more fun!
Old 12-09-13, 07:14 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Having grown up slinging tail happy 911's around the North GA mountains in the mid 70's and into the mid 80's I've recently been reminded I said I'd never own a Corvette and never/ever have an automatic sports car. So to an extent I agree with you and will say yes, manual is fun and I still enjoy it.

However ......... People and cars evolve. I'm older now and in Atlanta traffic so if there's a decent auto in the car I like I'm going to get it. As far as cars; the A6 (with paddles that work great now) in the 'Vette is nothing less than AWESOME !!! It's so well managed with the new computers and the ELSD (with the Z51 PKG) some times I change my driving style from spirited to aggressive in either the sport mode or track mode just to see what wonderful tricks the tranny has up it's sleeve. I've found out even leaving it in full Auto, if there are any hills and I've started off in 70% or more throttle and start downhill into a decreasing radius turn, the tranny starts downshifting on it's own at about 3000 rpm and the electronic limited slip diff does it's magic even applying a brake to an inside rear wheel if needed to make the car behave as if it's clamped onto rails. She just turned 3000 miles and just driving her to 70% would have scared the crap out of me in most any other car (same roads and speed). This C7 as equipped not only makes a good driver more confident, it makes a good driver a much better driver. I guess after driving her for a while it's easy to say "if you can think it, you can probably do it".

Just don't ever say 'NEVER' or like I did, someday you may 'evolve' and have to eat your words .

A lot of rumors or out re: the 2015 model coming with an A8. From what I've read it will only be to grease the CAFE rating a smidgen. Already the A6 is blowing the doors off the M7 at the tracks with mid to mid/low 3's. The M7 is able to get 3.8 which is very good (and this is bone stock). As far as mileage my overall average since delivery is 22.3 mpg on the computer (amazing) and highway mileage is a pretty standard at 36 mpg in cruise at 70 mph on a flat road in 6th gear. I'll keep what I've got . Stingray all the way

Oh, and I've learned the Corvette WAVE,
Originally Posted by LexFather

Attached Thumbnails C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread-barn2.jpg  

Last edited by Cruiter; 12-09-13 at 07:25 AM.
Old 12-09-13, 09:26 AM
LexFather

Very nice Jim! Lovely color.

Old 12-10-13, 04:25 AM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cruiter
Just because yesterday was rare in that it didn't rain
Just because cloudy days are good for color photography
Just because Lola wanted a romp (had been locked in the garage several days)
And what Lola wants, Lola gets

And quite a few people saw a C7 in the wild yesterday. On the way home I pulled into Publix with a Cyber Grey C7 behind me and a neighbor with a maroon Ferrari saw us and parked with us too then everyone coming out of the store migrated in our direction. It seems to happen that way .
Gorgeous C7.... Love the red
Old 12-10-13, 06:01 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Default 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Eight-Speed Automatic Leaked

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/12/...omatic-leaked/

The 2014 Corvette Stingray offers performance and technology on par with some of the most advanced sports cars on the market. But in the case of its carried-over 6-speed automatic transmission, it is overshadowed by the quicker shifting and more efficient 7-speed and 8-speed automatics offered by the competition. However that might not be the case for much longer, as a report from Automobile Magazine states an eight-speed automatic is in the works for the new ‘Vette.

The report highlights a technical paper previewed by the Society of Automotive Engineers that details the upcoming eight-speed automatic to be offered in the 2015 Corvette. The new transmission, dubbed 8L90, is said to be roughly the same size as the 6L80 it is replacing.

The 8L90 has a torque capacity of 737 lb-ft of torque and an overall ratio spread of 7.0. Thanks to a shorter first gear ratio, the 8L90 will deliver an improved launch off the line and improved highway fuel mileage due to the wider ratio spread. Considering the Corvette’s already impressive fuel economy figure of 29 mpg when equipped with the seven-speed manual, it seems possible that with an eight-speed transmission highway fuel economy figures could jump past the 30 mpg mark, an incredible feat for a 6.2 liter, 450 horsepower V8 performance car.

The full paper will be available for purchase in April 2014, but hopefully we can dig up a little more info at the 2014 North American International Auto Show in Detroit next month.

Update: SAE has taken down the published paper since word spread.
Old 12-10-13, 08:09 AM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by silversprucesc3
Gorgeous C7.... Love the red
Exactly. I am still impressed by the C7 specs....all of their specs is like a Dream being built. That includes the Styling (interior+Exterior)

I do honestly think the C7 is a Steal for the money, if it is Proven Bullet-Proof as the LS3 or so.

Anyways, I am too in love with (Red,Green,Yellow) Vettes
Old 12-10-13, 12:32 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Default C7 sales for Nov '13 - 2527 units

Nice start for the C7!

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, Up 128.9 Percent The redesigned 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray sold 2527 units in November, recording a 128.9 percent increase over last year. This means that Chevrolet’s 455-hp $51,995 supercar-beater sold more units this month than more mainstream models like the Chevrolet Spark and the Buick Regal. Year-to-date sales for the Corvette are up 11.3 percent as well, and we don’t expect demand for the 2014 Corvette to slow down anytime soon.
year to date sales up as well? funny since its only been on sale a couple of months
Old 12-10-13, 02:30 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

8-Speed Auto. Sounds nice for the corvettes fuel economy. Still be nice if they went DCT

Quick Reply: C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread