Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-14 | 04:28 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Default 8 Spd Auto 8L90

Reading the article and others printed it looks like this will only be available for a few select cars including the Z06 for next year. But I bet they bring it main stream by 2016. I'm still happy with my A6, it delivers more than advertised. http://articles.sae.org/12782/
Old 03-28-14 | 09:13 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Is the new Corvette Stingray really Chevrolet's best yet? Jethro puts it to the test.
Old 04-04-14 | 07:45 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Chevrolet C7 Corvette Stingray with police livery for sale in Sweden

Click here to view more photos

Fitted with the optional Z51 Performance Package

A black 2014 Chevrolet C7 Corvette Stingray is now on sale by a Swedish auto dealer. The car has a unique livery, inspired by the Saleen Mustang police car from Transformers movie.

This Corvette also features a lot of optional equipment – from the limited slip differential, through the 19-inch front and 20-inch rear wheels, to a couple of aerodynamic tweaks. It has clocked a mere 230 miles (370 km).

Bilcity Superbike Ltd is currently asking 780,000 Swedish Krona (about $120,000 / 87,275 EUR) for the 6.2 LT1 V8 powered Corvette with 460 HP and 610 Nm (449 lb-ft) of torque.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11403317...ivery-for-sale
Old 04-04-14 | 07:46 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default If you can’t taste the rainbow, try buying a wide-body Forgiato C7 Corvette instead

The multicolored trio of Corvettes look absolutely stunning with widened wheel arches, a carbon fiber front splitter, spoiler, and a paint job reminiscent of the primary color palette on high octane contrast.

Contrary to how Italian the company name sounds, Forgiato is actually an American company based in Sun Valley, California. “Forgiato Forged Wheels” are its forte, and it sure has a bit of Italiano flair exuding from its design department.

If the C7 isn’t outlandish enough, the bespoke Forgiato wheels turn the ‘Vette into a vehicle you just can’t look away from. The widened rear haunches and matching rims are just so “tastefully” put together.

Recently, a few friends of mine were asking which car I would buy for under $60k. I happily informed them that a C7 would be my first choice. Now I’ve changed my mind; I want a Forgiato C7 Corvette.
http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/fo...ette-stingray/

Old 04-04-14 | 10:07 AM
Hoovey689

Wow that is a sick trio of Vettes
Old 04-04-14 | 10:25 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

They should have done red, white, and blue
Old 04-04-14 | 10:51 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default New Corvette C7 Variant, Updated Cruze and New Small Chevrolet Car to Debut in NY

We just received word that General Motors plans to host three world premieres at the forthcoming New York Auto Show on April 16, including a brand new variant of the Corvette C7 (not shown in these photos), "an important new addition" to the brand's small vehicle lineup and an updated/refreshed (these were the precise words used) version of the Cruze.
No specific details were given to us about any of the three cars heading to the Big Apple, though; we suspect that the new small Chevy could be the next Spark, which we have spied in prototype form.

As for the "new variant of the seventh-generation Corvette" which will be displayed next to the "Corvette Z06 and C7.R" at Chevy's stand, your guess is as good as ours at this point – if you have an ideas to as what it may be, do share in the comments, until we find out more information.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/04/new...cruze-and.html
Old 04-04-14 | 11:00 AM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
They should have done red, white, and blue
haha agreed
Old 04-04-14 | 07:07 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

The real Corvette buyers and owners in the Corvette forum turned these colors and 'off' styling down hard. I agree, they're so far from the true Vette culture it's not funny.
Old 04-05-14 | 03:53 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Cruiter
The real Corvette buyers and owners in the Corvette forum turned these colors and 'off' styling down hard. I agree, they're so far from the true Vette culture it's not funny.
agreed!!!

let's see...where to begin....

wheels are ugly.....
aftermarket grills are ugly.....
tacky colors are ugly.....

they wouldn't be too if they would have left the the car the fukc alone and just painted them.....but nooooooooooooooo they had to molest them too!

I'm still waiting for the neon painted curb feelers, LOL!!!!

Old 04-05-14 | 07:39 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Here's what they had to say http://www.corvetteforum.com/article...-corvettes-go/ .
Kind of made them ugly like Lamborghini's or something.
Originally Posted by bagwell
agreed!!!

wheels are ugly.....

they wouldn't be too if they would have left the the car the fukc alone and just painted them.....but nooooooooooooooo they had to molest them too!

Old 04-05-14 | 07:49 PM
LexFather

Its not everyone's cup of tea but a ton of work was done to get the first blue one ready for SEMA 2013. The C7 just hit the street and Forgiato picked one up and had it wide-bodied. It won multiple awards at SEMA and they had customer's that lined up to buy them.

The market wants more and they provided more. In person it looked really good to me and the guy behind it is well known in the customization industry.

Just a little insider info
Old 04-07-14 | 08:25 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default GM Gets with the Times, Introduces 8-Speed Automatic to 2015 Corvette Stingray

Nowadays, even pickup trucks like the Ram 1500 and VW Amarok come with 8-speed automatic transmissions, making the new Corvette C7's 6-speed unit look archaic, but the troubled Detroit automaker is trying to catch up with the times – still no word on a dual-clutch transmission, though.

The 2015MY Stingray will ditch the 6-speed auto for a new 8-speed unit codenamed 8L90 designed and built by GM. It's a modified version of the one that will be offered on the supercharged 2015 Corvette Z06, with different clutch and torque converter specifications matched to the base Corvette's LT1 6.2L naturally aspirated V8.

GM claims that the new unit, which comes with steering wheel paddles, will contribute up to 5-percent greater efficiency over the previous six-speed auto that returns 28 mpg (8.4 l/100 km) highway, with EPA figures to be announced, while also being more than 8 pounds, or about 4 kg, lighter, thanks to the extensive use of aluminum and magnesium.

Furthermore, according to the automaker, "wide-open throttle upshifts are executed up to eight-hundredths of a second quicker than those of the dual-clutch transmission offered in the Porsche 911".

“Corvette Stingray’s new eight-speed automatic delivers the comfort and drivability of a true automatic transmission, as well as lightning-fast shifts and the manual control that enhance the performance-driving experience,” said Bill Goodrich, assistant chief engineer for 8sp automatic transmissions. “It was designed to enhance the Stingray’s driving experience, with performance on par with dual-clutch designs, but without sacrificing refinement.”
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/04/gm-...c-to-2015.html
Old 04-07-14 | 11:50 AM
fastdak25
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bagwell
agreed!!!

wheels are ugly.....

I'll be honest, I actually like the orange one.
Old 04-07-14 | 11:59 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

sucks for 2014 AT buyers. This 8 speed will be a nice improvement. Faster than Porsche PDK? Yes please

Quick Reply: C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread