Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Supra stolen and chopped

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-13, 06:03 PM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supra stolen and chopped

Since there lots of supra fans out there.. This is one sad news...
At least those rare mods are up in the market whoever stole it LOL...
http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...224520926.html
Old 01-07-13, 06:13 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

yeah, this is pretty sad...I hate hearing about thieves stealing someone's pride and joy! SAMF-should go out and work, and build their own instead of stealing someone else's s***! Hopefully Jessica will recover, I'm sure Darin has something SICK planned for her?

steve
Old 01-07-13, 07:03 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Just horrible! Such a great Supra, too. So much time, effort, and money invested into this build- to see it end like this is disastrous. Hopefully she'll recover, but it's going to be hard to just even get the mindset to build a new project car again.
Old 01-07-13, 08:20 PM
Nick2JZ
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

OMG this is so sad
Old 01-07-13, 10:28 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow this is so sad
Old 01-08-13, 05:27 AM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

ouch so sad. I can't stand that people have no respect for other peoples property.
Old 01-08-13, 07:48 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Such a sad story... it was posted in the Florida section when it was stolen.
Old 01-08-13, 07:59 AM
dengman
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeahh.. its very sad. I've been following the story since day one. I've worked at a speed shop and a $10k race engine and other things stolen..My tool box went along with my computer. They didnt take the pc tower but took my keyboard mouse and 23" lcd monitor. It hurts the pride. Hard work down the drain due to scumbags. Only thing I can think of is valuable parts are sitting in some ones basement or parts being exported. Pretty sure the whole south east region is waiting for something to show up on craiglist or ebay so they can get a lead.

Hopefully the engine internals have some type of marking to identify when it gets disassembled. Race engines dont last forever. At least if the engine blows a ring or starts knocking the motor will come apart and hopefully who has it doesnt know how to repair it and it'll lead to someone that knows how to repair and it happens to have a marking that everyone has been waiting for. Which will get everyone leads. *sigh*
Old 01-08-13, 08:32 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

All around such a sad story on many levels.. This was one of the best Supras ever built, I have followed it many years and seen it in many magazines.. and of course saw videos of it on youtube, I even see why someone would take it and part it out, but to cut it up is just inhuman..

After reading the Yahoo story, I went to the Supraforums thread and was dismayed at some of the comments, saying fraud, or just pure jelously.. I know she is very good looking women, but she also poured her money, blood, sweat and tears into the car and it was more like a member of the family then just transportation. I have had many small items stolen in my life and really the only thing worse is having a death in the family.. Shame on people who make light about such a event.

You know in such a horrible world, where innocent children at school are shot and killed, if someone catches these thieves and inflicts such" justice", I am ok with that..
Old 01-08-13, 08:39 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

dang that's painful to see
Old 01-21-13, 12:56 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

They found them!! For the most part at least.....http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...n-Supra-UPDATE
Old 01-21-13, 04:58 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

...and I bet they due very little or no time at all
Old 01-21-13, 10:42 AM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I was expecting to read a really good story with a happy ending, but unfortunately the judge is a piece of **** and those criminals are still out, walking about, and they are even able to threaten the owner with stealing another of her car unless she drops the lawsuit.
Old 01-21-13, 11:01 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I feel bad for her, but can she control 1200 hp in a RWD platform with those skinny little arms. LOL.

Its really sad when you hear this because some projects are simply one of a kind.
Old 01-21-13, 05:07 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

From the Supraforums thread..

"Amazing how these guys are still on the street. You should see the arrest records for all of them, some of them have been arrested as recently as November 2012. One guy has been in and out of jail 10 times in the last year...yet they are still out there doing this stuff. It doesn't look like any of them have a job, so the only money they have is from stealing stuff and selling it a little at a time...and they don't make #%&* off the parts, they sell them really cheap. ..."

This is the problem, these guys should not be on the street in the first place and contribute nothing to society..

Quick Reply: Supra stolen and chopped