Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Audi snubs Lexus on Twitter. We can help LEXUS! #LexusLove

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-13, 07:17 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts
Default Audi snubs Lexus on Twitter. We can help LEXUS! #LexusLove

This is not to start a battle with another manufacturer, but Lexus can use a little bit of our help:

http://www.complex.com/rides/2013/01...xus-on-twitter

Originally Posted by Complex Rides

For those of you who don't know, Pete Carroll is the former USC football coach and current head coach of the Seattle Seahawks. He is a relentless competitor and is largely known for excessively running up the score on his opponents.

Considering Audi already has 6,275,067 Facebook likes to Lexus' 1,799,906, that's basically what they just did with this tweet:

Audi ✔ @Audi

So today we officially passed @lexus in followers. Kudos to the fans - though it's really not unusual to pass a Lexus in an Audi.
9:10 PM - 23 Jan 13

As of 6:56 p.m. ET, Audi has 303,180 followers and Lexus has 302,877. They didn't just announce that they had more than 300,000 followers or something. They took the time to rub salt in the wound and make sure everybody in the Twittersphere knew that they had just passed Lexus, which they also noted was not an unusual occurrence (referring to the actual act of driving and passing in a car). The most interesting part? They'll probably continue to run up the score, as they will surely gain a ton more fans and followers from that tweet. Shots ... wait for it ... FIRED!
Lets show LEXUS our love and help LIKE their facebook and twitter accounts!

http://www.facebook.com/lexus
http://www.twitter.com/lexus
Attached Thumbnails Audi snubs Lexus on Twitter. We can help LEXUS! #LexusLove-screen-shot-2013-01-23-at-7.20.20-pm.png  

Last edited by flipside909; 01-23-13 at 07:21 PM.
Old 01-23-13, 07:29 PM
nitrotang
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

That's a good sign for Lexus. I guess Audi's so scared of Lexus they have to compare Facebook likes, haha.
Old 01-23-13, 08:07 PM
User 82421
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Done, liked and followed!
Old 01-23-13, 08:49 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Liked and followed!!!!
Old 01-23-13, 09:10 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Actually it's good that Audi threw a jab. Goes to show they think of Lexus as a competitor.

Lexus has some good stuff in the pipeline, they should all be worried
Old 01-24-13, 10:59 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just liked, let's get pass Audi!
Old 01-24-13, 12:57 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Most of the audi drivers i know drive like they are either on drugs or are trying to compensate for something. Its not the cars, its the driver. If it were the cars i doubt someone in a 2013 2.0 A6 with fwd will be passing anyone any time soon.
Old 01-24-13, 05:02 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Lexus has always been about understatement, soft-spoken-ness, etc... and it translates to their company personality.

Even when they do come out with great cars like the GS beating the 5 series (which is a much larger accomplishment than having more twitter or facebook likes) they don't rub it in with 'attitude' trying to rile up the automotive gossip columns.

Lexus can come back to diss Audi by Pete Carrol'ing them with annual sales figures but they're above that.
Old 01-24-13, 05:06 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Actually it's good that Audi threw a jab. Goes to show they think of Lexus as a competitor.

Lexus has some good stuff in the pipeline, they should all be worried
Umm, Lexus doubled Audi's volume last year. It's Audi who should be happy Lexus would consider them a competitor. And Lexus never has, unlike Audi with their commercials.
Old 01-24-13, 05:15 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 158 Likes on 118 Posts

Its childish too... people should have more fun :-).

When I used to sell cars, I specifically refused to compare them to other brand. It never feels good. You simply present what you have and let the customer decide.
Old 01-24-13, 05:31 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

from me.

Originally Posted by spwolf

When I used to sell cars, I specifically refused to compare them to other brand. It never feels good. You simply present what you have and let the customer decide.
Kudos to you. Any salesmen that does this is very unprofessional in my book.
I would ask for another salesman.
Old 01-24-13, 07:08 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
from me.

Kudos to you. Any salesmen that does this is very unprofessional in my book.
I would ask for another salesman.
yeah, people really dislike it... i had one guy run in and buy rav4 after VW dealer across the road told him that all Toyota's break after warranty is out :-). "Does he think I am an idiot? I read papers".
Old 01-24-13, 07:23 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spwolf
This.

Hilarious the cross brand bashing that goes on.

I'm not sure I'd agree with this. Disparaging another brand is a definite no-no and something only uninformed, insecure salespeople resort to. However, being knowledgeable about your competitors and being able to directly point out how your brand outperforms is ok by me. One of the best salespeople I have encountered is the gentleman that I've dealt with at the local Porsche dealership. He, of course, knew all of the specs and functions of the cars he was selling plus the cars that would be competitors. He didn't say one bad word about another brand, but could provide data on how the Porsche's stacked up. I will definitely buy from him at some point.
Old 01-24-13, 07:54 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
This.

Hilarious the cross brand bashing that goes on.

I'm not sure I'd agree with this. Disparaging another brand is a definite no-no and something only uninformed, insecure salespeople resort to. However, being knowledgeable about your competitors and being able to directly point out how your brand outperforms is ok by me. One of the best salespeople I have encountered is the gentleman that I've dealt with at the local Porsche dealership. He, of course, knew all of the specs and functions of the cars he was selling plus the cars that would be competitors. He didn't say one bad word about another brand, but could provide data on how the Porsche's stacked up. I will definitely buy from him at some point.
thats fine too... just no bad mouthing. It is one thing to say that you get better 0-60 or weight less, and another to say that Toyota is crap and all Japanese cars break down as soon as they are out of warranty, then proceed to hang on the cars door in order to prove superiority :-).

And of course if YOU invite the conversation, thats something else. You can see it by customer's behavior. In general, people are smart enough not to trust Toyota salesman to tell them how good Honda is. So at the end, it backfires.
Old 01-24-13, 08:18 PM
LexFather

It's all in good fun, the Audi twitter seems to be lively and engaged and not scared to stir the pot. Did y'all forget the audi vs BMW posters in the recent past?

Besides they don't make anything faster than the LFA

Quick Reply: Audi snubs Lexus on Twitter. We can help LEXUS! #LexusLove