Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

MM Static-Review: 2014 Mazda6 Grand Touring

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-13, 08:50 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Thanks for the review Mike!
Glad you enjoyed it. Hope to do a test-drive before long.

On looks alone, it is my favorite car in it's segment.
Well, I will admit that its looks beat the Sonata.

The diesel option should be pretty sweet and I can't wait to sample one myself.
That, of course, is a big if...it still doesn't seem clear if we Americans will get that option.
Old 01-25-13, 09:31 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/29/m...2-5l-for-cx-5/

As we reported earlier, Mazda is making some waves at the 2012 LA Auto Show by announcing the 2014 Mazda6 sedan will bow with a 2.2-liter clean-diesel engine under its hood in North America. The Skyactiv-D engine will show up on the option sheet after the Mazda6 sedan goes on sale in January with its 2.5-liter gasoline four-cylinder engine. The move makes Mazda the first Japanese manufacturer to offer a diesel engine in the mid-sized segment in the US (the Volkswagen Passat also offers one), and the company says the Skyactiv-D-powered Mazda6 will also benefit from the manufacturer's brake energy regeneration system, i-Eloop.

The vehicle will be available with either a six-speed manual or automatic transmission, and Environmental Protection Agency fuel economy estimates are still pending, as are official power figures. Expect to hear more solid details once the the vehicle launches in January.
Old 01-25-13, 09:35 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by spwolf

Skyactiv-D engine will show up on the option sheet after the Mazda6 sedan goes on sale in January with its 2.5-liter gasoline four-cylinder engine
If that's the case, good. It is currently not shown on Madza's web-site as an option, unless it has just recently been updated in the last couple of days.

Of course, in the end, our opinions here are really small potatoes......nationwide, it either sells well or it doesn't. And, if not, we all know what those consequences usually are.
Old 01-25-13, 09:48 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

i dont understand what exactly do you need as proof, thats Mazda's PR. It is not shown on website because it is not available and it wont be until later this year, they want you to buy what they have now.
Old 01-26-13, 08:24 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

i dont understand what exactly do you need as proof, thats Mazda's PR. It is not shown on website because it is not available and it wont be until later this year, they want you to buy what they have now.
I understand your point, but an equally valid point is that they should note that on the website. A good way for an auto company to lose potential customers is if those customers get pi**ed-off because the manufacturer seems to be hiding something on the website....or lax in keeping it up to date.
Old 01-26-13, 11:32 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I understand your point, but an equally valid point is that they should note that on the website. A good way for an auto company to lose potential customers is if those customers get pi**ed-off because the manufacturer seems to be hiding something on the website....or lax in keeping it up to date.
I am not sure why is it so hard to understand how business works. They can put a big note on their website for their customers not to buy what they are selling now but to wait for next big thing.

It is just common sense. Imagine if Lexus said last year - in 2014, 8 Speed is coming to GS350... wait, dont buy this car on sale now!!!
Old 01-26-13, 12:31 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

I am not sure why is it so hard to understand how business works. They can put a big note on their website for their customers not to buy what they are selling now but to wait for next big thing.

It is just common sense. Imagine if Lexus said last year - in 2014, 8 Speed is coming to GS350... wait, dont buy this car on sale now!!!
OK, fine. No sense going on and on about it. There are other issues on this car to discuss as well.