Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Victory By Design video series is amazing for automotive history buffs !!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-13, 11:46 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Victory By Design video series is amazing for automotive history buffs !!!!!!!

I have recently been on a little auto history kick. I used to watch this series on the SPEED channel every now and then and decided to purchase the box set of videos because of the depth of history the video provides, the fact that you see these rare and beautiful cars driven, and the selection of automakers the series covers. The videos are available individually or as a box set.

The series includes the history of
1. Ferrari
2. Maserati
3. Porsche
4. Alfa Romeo
5. Aston Martin
6. Jaguar

If you guys are looking for in depth history of some of the finest cars in the world and would enjoy to see them driven and hear the beautiful engine notes of some of the rarest, most influential, and most significant sports cars in history check out this series. When I watch them I honestly feel like sitting there and taking notes. I bought the entire set on Amazon for $127. Not a cheap set of videos but I promise you that if you have any interest in the history of the brands we all love and follow so closely then check these out

Ferrari:
Jaguar :
Maserati 450S:
Attached Thumbnails Victory By Design video series is amazing for automotive history buffs !!!!!!!-805663_program_hero2.jpg  

Last edited by I8ABMR; 02-22-13 at 11:50 PM.
Old 02-23-13, 10:11 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Sweet! Thanks for sharing. Some fantastic videos, I might just go buy on Amazon myself
Old 02-23-13, 11:01 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I love watching that show, it used to be on a HD channel all the time a few years ago. The host/ex race car drive is really good and you can tell he loves cars and doing the show.
Old 02-23-13, 11:28 AM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great videos. Love that he's driving those old cars at the limit on some winding mountain backroads and not on a track. A real pleasure to watch.
Old 02-23-13, 08:44 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Sweet! Thanks for sharing. Some fantastic videos, I might just go buy on Amazon myself
Go for it ! They arent cheap but ut will become your own personal historical archive. I want my kids to have access to these videos and to watch and learn with me. A lot of people like ars but very few really know the history behind each of the great brands and very few know how these brands competed against one another during the birth of motor racing.

Originally Posted by UDel
I love watching that show, it used to be on a HD channel all the time a few years ago. The host/ex race car drive is really good and you can tell he loves cars and doing the show.
I loved watching too. Not sure why they would stop showing something of this quality level on the speed or HD channel

Originally Posted by ydooby
Great videos. Love that he's driving those old cars at the limit on some winding mountain backroads and not on a track. A real pleasure to watch.
I have to agree. What really blew my mind is the value of the cars he is casually driving . The Ferrari 250 GTO he was driving was worth more than 25-30 million dollars. The jaguar D type is also worth tens of millions as well. For me it the historical accuracy and detail, being able to see and hear the cars driven, and to be hosted by a guy who knows his history and was actually a part of it as well.
Old 02-23-13, 09:12 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I have to agree. What really blew my mind is the value of the cars he is casually driving . The Ferrari 250 GTO he was driving was worth more than 25-30 million dollars. The jaguar D type is also worth tens of millions as well. For me it the historical accuracy and detail, being able to see and hear the cars driven, and to be hosted by a guy who knows his history and was actually a part of it as well.
Yeah I meant to say what he's driving aren't just old cars, but historically significant, rare, exotics! To see them driven in the way they were meant to be is just amazing, not to mention his detailed introduction to the backgrounds and significance of these cars. Simply fantastic.