Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Clever video selling Saturn Ion "sex machine" will catch your eye

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-13, 05:27 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Clever video selling Saturn Ion "sex machine" will catch your eye

Clever video selling Saturn Ion "sex machine" will catch your eye

"When I think of the most impressive, industry changing, earth shattering vehicles of recent history, the first car that comes to my mind is the 2004 Saturn Ion Coupe." So says Brad Holt of Dallas, Texas. And he's right, clearly. One look at the specific specimen Holt is selling will be enough to convince you that the car "will absolutely tickle every one of your fancies," as claimed by the seller himself.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/02/28/c...catch-your-ey/
Old 03-01-13, 09:04 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

I very rarely use this term when reviewing cars, but, especially compared to the excellent S-Series it replaced, the Ion was a piece of ****. (I'd be torn between driving one and walking). It.....and the larger L-series......were the vehicles that started Saturn's long downhill slope to ruin.

Last edited by mmarshall; 03-01-13 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-01-13, 11:45 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I very rarely use this term when reviewing cars, but, especially compared to the excellent S-Series it replaced, the Ion was a piece of s***. (I'd be torn between driving one and walking). It.....and the larger L-series......were the vehicles that started Saturn's long downhill slope to ruin.
What do you think of the Aura and Outlook? Both rebadged but they were generally a decent turn around in terms of reliability and materials used. CR rated them decently
Old 03-01-13, 01:52 PM
geko29
Super Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 236 Posts

I very rarely use this term when reviewing cars, but, especially compared to the excellent S-Series it replaced, the Ion was a piece of s***. (I'd be torn between driving one and walking). It.....and the larger L-series......were the vehicles that started Saturn's long downhill slope to ruin.
I agree wholeheartedly. The L200 is the worst car I've ever rented--noisy, uncomfortable, and absolutely gutless. When I returned home from that trip, the LWB Ford Econoline with the anemic V6 that I drove for work at the time felt like a Ferrari.
Old 03-01-13, 02:05 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

This made me lol! It's like hearing Mr. Rogers curse.
Old 03-01-13, 06:33 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
What do you think of the Aura and Outlook? Both rebadged but they were generally a decent turn around in terms of reliability and materials used. CR rated them decently
IMO, there was no need to market the Outlook. Chevy, Buick, and GMC already had their versions of it (and the Buick Enclave version had a stunning interior that the Outlook clearly lacked...the GMC Acadia slightly less-so). The Outlook also lacked the plastic body-panels that, IMO, among other things, made a true Saturn. Of course, the Ion did have the plastic panels, but was otherwise, IMO, a very poor overall design.

The Aura, coming from an Opel platform, was, I'll admit, a nice mid-sized sedan, though I didn't like the yellowish-orange dash-lighting (Infiniti-style) and tight rear headroom as much as the nice ice-blue lighting in its corporate brother Chevy Malibu and its more space-efficient roofline. (I once considered buying a Malibu, but decided to go AWD instead with my former Outback). Both the Aura and Malibu drove nice, and were quite refined. I test-drove a couple of Auras, and did a couple of write-ups, but not necessarily full-reviews. I prefered the four-cylinder Aura because its wheels were smaller, the tires higher-profile, and it clearly rode smoother, though the six's engine was more refined. Both were quiet, with a very low noise-level (almost like my own Verano). But, like the Outlook, Relay, VUE, Ion, Sky, and L-series, I didn't consider the Aura a true Saturn....that stopped, IMO, when the S-Series went out of production. The S-Series were the cars that truly defined Saturn and made the company successful....dent/rust-resistant plastic body panels, an all-original Saturn design (as opposed to later Saturns being rebadged Opels and other GM products), and the ingenious spin-off transmission filter which no later Saturn models had.

Last edited by mmarshall; 03-01-13 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-01-13, 07:10 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Saturn Ion "sex machine" will catch your eye
Only with a girl like this in the front seat.

Originally Posted by pvmike
This made me lol! It's like hearing Mr. Rogers curse.
I can think of lots worse people (and TV programs) than Mr. Rogers. He was a true gentleman.

Last edited by mmarshall; 03-01-13 at 07:14 PM.