Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Vossen Wheel update!! WOO HOO!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-13, 02:40 PM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Vossen Wheel update!! WOO HOO!!

RECAP: At Club Lexus' 2012 BOS meet in Fremont, CA Vossen Wheels was the vendor that sponsored the Grand Prize. Everyone was excited to see what was going to be offered and surely whatever it was, it was sure to be something really cool. Either way, I wanted to win something from them. I'm a fan of their videos and their wheels have always been out of reach for me so I decided to put my tickets in the box labeled "Vossen"

When it came for the drawing, I started to lose hope because, well heck. I never win anything. I wasn't really paying attention because I hate to be let down but lo and behold, I HAD THE WINNING NUMBER!!

What did I win? VVS 084 with black.

After a few months, (there had been a huge theft at Vossen and they had to sort things out) Mike and I were able to figure out what size would fit. The main idea was that the wheels would go on the IS300 but with the sizes available in that style (I HAD to have that style) it was a no go without doing some fender work. They would fit on the IS350 but the theme of that car was F-sport.

So Mike agreed that with the right fitment and without having to alter any fenders, it would go on our Acura TL. I had just bought that car for my teenage son to use and this would be a great surprise for him.

I waited anxiously but they arrived safe and sound. I opened the box and they even smelled new.

At first glance I thought the blue was pretty cool but it was protective tape.

Upon further inspection, I found them to be perfect. And that's not just me exaggerating. I'm very picky and these wheels seriously had NO flaws on them at all. The machining was even, the black was nice and thick, with no flaws either. No scratches. Not even a fingerprint!!

Loaded them into the truck and went to get them installed.

They look beautiful on the car.

My son was absolutely THRILLED when I brought the car home. I arrived home first in my truck, and my son came outside and was wondering where his car was. I told him "Stand right here. Turn around." Next thing you know, his car rolls up with these beautiful Vossens. You should have seen his face light up. My son's dream car, and my dream wheels.

He immediately started to take pictures and texted them to his friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been five months since I've had them and you should see how proud he is of those wheels. He is so protective of them. SOOO protective, you know this boy will never have curb rash. LOL!!

All of his friends envy them. Sometimes when we get compliments, people will notice the name and comment. One guy said to me "OH man -- VOSSENS!! Those wheels are EXPENSIVE, those wheels are NIIIICE!!" Another said to me: "Whoa you got VOSSENS?? DANG!!"

I just want to say thank you to Mike, to Vossen and to Club Lexus and Magnussen Fremont Lexus for sponsoring BOS and giving me the opportunity to make my son happy. These wheels will be on this car for as long as we own it and if something ever happens to where we won't own the Acura, I already know that they are going to go on my other Lexus (I have three now) because they are the same size that I would use.

Mike, I know that I contacted you a lot and I want to thank you for your patience. I was just excited. Thank you sooo much for making it possible to have these awesome wheels on our Acura. You were always so polite with me and provided awesome service.

I highly recommend checking with Mike and going through the Vossen online catalog. Some say they are pricey but let me tell you, these wheels and the customer service are worth it.

Old 03-04-13, 03:43 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Great story Siu! Mike is an excellent individual and enthusiast!
Old 03-04-13, 05:12 PM
Micaiah

It's just funny how these wheels really changed the look of the car and how he treats it like it's his precious baby.

I guess how I sorta treat my Micaiah....
Old 03-04-13, 05:18 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Micaiah
It's just funny how these wheels really changed the look of the car and how he treats it like it's his precious baby.

I guess how I sorta treat my Micaiah....
If you drove micaiah lol
Old 03-04-13, 09:28 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

great story. I love my VOSSEN wheels. Welcome to the VOSSEN crew
Old 03-05-13, 02:01 AM
Micaiah

Thanks! Yeah I'm pretty darn lucky.
Old 03-05-13, 06:41 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

wow what a lucky young man nice first car also
Old 03-05-13, 07:24 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,584 Posts

congrats!!
Old 03-05-13, 10:17 PM
kanani22
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats to you and your son on the win! Welcome to the Vossen family! Hope to see more pictures soon! :]
Old 03-07-13, 05:16 PM
Micaiah

Thanks! When the weather warms (with no threat of rain) we'll have to take the car out for some decent pics.
Old 03-08-13, 09:14 AM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats and welcome to #TEAMVOSSEN