Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Next Lincoln Navigator to drop V8 in favor of V6, but Ford Expedition might get both

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-14, 12:13 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Press Release

Breaking Lincoln News:

Tomorrow, Jan. 23, we will publicly debut the new 2015 Lincoln Navigator, which offers a fresh interpretation of the classic vehicle with updated exterior and interior design as well as powertrain enhancements. The redesigned front end is more chiseled and features Lincoln’s signature split-wing grille.

The interior enhancements in the Navigator also will provide significant benefits to our customers, including best-in-class cargo volume and capability, push-button start, SYNC with MyLincoln Touch, the new Lincoln steering wheel wrapped in Walsdorf leather and the new Reserve Package, which Includes 22-inch wheels and ultra-luxurious leather with premium Ziricote wood trim.

Navigator also will receive more power and fuel efficiency with the 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine. This powertrain enhancement along with available Lincoln Drive Control with Continuously Controlled Damping, electric power-assisted steering and puddle lamps that create a welcome mat below both front doors offer a new level of elegance will provide existing and new customers with a powerful upgrade that is desired in this segment.

Visit the Lincoln Tab on @FordOnline tomorrow for more details on the 2015 MY Navigator.

But before it goes public, you are invited to see the new Navigator firsthand. Please stop by the WHQ Auditorium today between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Lincoln team members will be there to answer your questions.

Wildly popular when it was first introduced in the late 1990s, Navigator led the luxury SUV segment for more than a decade and still remains one of the most recognizable nameplates in the Lincoln lineup.

With the changes you see in the new Navigator today, we are confident that we will continue to be competitive in the segment. You can expect to see the new 2015 Navigator in dealer showrooms this fall.
Old 01-22-14, 12:45 PM
rkyat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If this is it, I don't like it.
Old 01-22-14, 12:52 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

^OMG that looks like @ss.
Old 01-22-14, 01:10 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Larger Photo

Old 01-22-14, 01:34 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

Dang, thats even worse than the GX.
Old 01-22-14, 01:40 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

It looked better in the dark...
Old 01-22-14, 02:09 PM
LOWFAST
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lager photo just made it harder to look at. Ouch, poor move Lincoln, it is like they just want to give sales away to Cadillac.
Old 01-22-14, 02:13 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMAO. That looks like E.T.

Old 01-22-14, 03:36 PM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 127 Likes on 85 Posts

Different color, I gotta see this in black. Hmm so 3.5L EcoBoost is a given. Wonder if the 5.0 will find it's way into the engine bay as an option. The 6.2L from the F-150 is being dropped on 2015 models though I'm not sure if that applies to the SVT Raptor trim which comes exclusively with it.
Old 01-22-14, 03:37 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Damn it Ford/Lincoln. Look at the Escalade, then look at this thing. They've got to try harder.
Old 01-22-14, 07:29 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will be interested to see if the put the wrap around tail lights on a vehicle this big. I hope not.
Old 01-22-14, 09:12 PM
rkyat
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
I will be interested to see if the put the wrap around tail lights on a vehicle this big. I hope not.
http://m.autoblog.com/2014/01/23/2015-lincoln-navigator-redesign-ecoboost-v6/?post=1&icid=autoblog_river_article

Here ya go
Old 01-23-14, 02:39 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 171 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Sadly, they did. Absolutely sickening taillights. Even more obnoxious than the tacky Dodge Durango and Honda Odyssey rear. Dashboard design should also be s-canned.
What a waste of a facelift and resources.
Old 01-23-14, 07:57 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I take back what I said. It's certainly a half assed facelift, but I like it. Apparently this model will be around for only 3 years until the real redesign is released. This facelift was supposed to appear in 2011 but was cancelled for financial reasons; with the GM trio being released Ford had no choice but to release this overdue facelift. This makes me confident the nexr Navigator will be great.

Originally Posted by Lincoln Press Release
A redesigned exterior, updated interior, more powerful engine, additional customer-focused technologies and new luxurious appointments elevate Lincoln Navigator in the full-size luxury SUV market

A new 3.5-liter, twin-turbocharged EcoBoost® engine delivers more power; available Lincoln Drive Control with Continuously Controlled Damping provides a smoother ride; electric power-assisted steering improves handling; and puddle lamps that create a “welcome mat” below both front doors offer a new level of elegance

An available Reserve Package includes 22-inch wheels and ultra-luxurious leather with premium Ziricote wood trim
The Lincoln Motor Company introduces the new 2015 Navigator, offering a fresh interpretation of a classic vehicle that has long defined the full-size luxury sport utility segment.

At the Chicago Auto Show on Feb. 6, the public will get its first look at a new Navigator that takes on a changed presence for the 2015 model year. Exterior design changes are accentuated by the reintroduction of Lincoln’s iconic split-wing grille. Interior enhancements include luxurious leather and additional customer-focused technologies. The more refined appearance complements enhanced power and hauling capabilities that Navigator customers demand.

The sleeker front end includes a newly designed hood, and the reimagined back end features a power up/down tailgate. On both ends, the vehicle wears jewel-like light-emitting diode (LED) lights, as well as high-intensity discharge (HID) adaptive headlamps with LED accents.

“We knew what our customers wanted,” said Elaine Bannon, chief engineer of the 2015 Navigator. “Navigator has always had great features, and we were able to keep those things. I’m proud that we were able to give our customers so much more.”
Navigator comes standard with 20-inch, machined aluminum wheels, while Reserve Package vehicles are equipped with 22-inch, polished aluminum wheels. Reserve Package Navigators also offer optional chrome-accented running boards.
As with current-generation models, the 2015 Navigator will be available in standard-length (207.4 inches) and extended-length (222.3 inches) versions.
Luxuriously appointed interior
Navigator has long been synonymous with large-scale luxury. On the 2015 Navigator, the Reserve Package introduces a new level of luxury to the vehicle’s interior, providing customers with:
An updated cabin that extends ultra-luxurious leather to all three rows of seats, as well as to the armrests, center console and transmission shifter

A hand-wrapped, leather instrument panel with contrast stitching and leather glove box door
Premium Ziricote wood trim, a luxurious natural-grain wood new to the automotive industry, most commonly used as an accent in yachts

Navigator comes standard with the new Lincoln steering wheel, introduced on the recently revealed MKC premium small utility. The Wollsdorf leather-wrapped, wood-trimmed wheel features a thicker grip and softer touch for a more dynamic driving experience.

Designed to seat up to eight people, Navigator offers buyers second-row options that include two captain’s chairs, with or without a center console, or a fold-flat bench. Due in part to Navigator’s patented independent rear suspension, which allows for true fold-flat, PowerFold® third-row seats, extended-length and standard wheelbase models are projected to deliver segment-leading cargo volume.

- See more at: http://media.lincoln.com/content/lin....7zDOIGGM.dpuf
2015 Lincoln Navigator - Photo Gallery

Old 01-23-14, 09:01 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,522 Likes on 1,660 Posts

funny how lighting and pictures make such a giant difference.

the one with the tarp pulled back looked dreadful. the press photos look good!

Quick Reply: Next Lincoln Navigator to drop V8 in favor of V6, but Ford Expedition might get both