Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2014 Toyota Highlander thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-14, 06:22 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
To me the BIG reason to get the QX60 over the Pathfinder if its a vehicle your family is going to be using is the availability of safety features like PCS, backup collision warning/intervention, blind spot collision intervention, etc, etc that you can't get on the Pathfinder. I'd replace the theatre package with those options personally.
What's the price spread once you start adding these (progressive) packages, though?
Old 02-18-14, 06:56 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,950 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
What's the price spread once you start adding these (progressive) packages, though?
If you swap out the video packages for the safety packages, about the same.

Having driven both vehicles, IMHO the QX60 is worth $6k more.
Old 02-19-14, 03:08 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 742 Likes on 512 Posts

Originally Posted by TripleMs
Just purchase a 2014 White Highlander wit almond leather. Limited model AWD. Got coach seats second row. I'm very pleased and much improvement over the the last generation. I love the grill, makes it look a lil more meaner. The black trim looks great on white especially the front lip hahah .. Only dislike is the taillights sticks out a little too much and wish it came wit black leather on white. Prefect for my family, three kids (4&3 yrs old & 4 month baby)
Congrats! Hope you and the family enjoy it!
Old 02-19-14, 06:39 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,396 Likes on 1,570 Posts

^^^ +1 welcome TripleMs - hope to hear back from you on more of your impressions of ownership and driving the highlander.
Old 02-23-14, 10:50 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Join me as I check out the 2014 Highlander. In this video I test how well the 7 and 8 passenger Highlander handles child seats and we talk a little about cargo room.
Old 02-24-14, 02:48 PM
LexFather

We are seriously looking to get a larger vehicle and I will be at a Highlander event this Thursday hosted by Toyota which is right on time. I hope to share my thoughts and pics this weekend.

Mike

Old 02-24-14, 06:10 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
We are seriously looking to get a larger vehicle and I will be at a Highlander event this Thursday hosted by Toyota which is right on time. I hope to share my thoughts and pics this weekend.

Mike

Same here on considering the Highlander. I love the RX (heck I bought three), but the fit and finish of the new Highlander Limited/Platinum and promises of a smooth, low NVH and refined drive are tempting, all for 10K less than a similarly equipped RX. Plus the macho Grand Cherokee styling and "RX-like" rear lights are growing on me fast. Looking forward to your review in particular ride comfort, handling, and NVH.

Was at the Toyota dealer today incognito (not ready to deal with sales reps just yet ), took some (crappy) pics of the interior base LE. Lots of soft-touch high-quality-textured materials. Nice interior even the base model, but Limited all the way for me.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Toyota Highlander thread-high1.jpg   2014 Toyota Highlander thread-high2.jpg   2014 Toyota Highlander thread-high3.jpg   2014 Toyota Highlander thread-high4.jpg   2014 Toyota Highlander thread-high5.jpg  

Old 02-24-14, 06:31 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Same here on considering the Highlander. I love the RX (heck I bought three), but the fit and finish of the new Highlander Limited/Platinum and promises of a smooth, low NVH and refined drive are tempting, all for 10K less than a similarly equipped RX. Plus the macho Grand Cherokee styling and "RX-like" rear lights are growing on me fast. Looking forward to your review in particular ride comfort, handling, and NVH. Was at the Toyota dealer today incognito (not ready to deal with sales reps just yet ), took some (crappy) pics of the interior base LE. Lots of soft-touch high-quality-textured materials. Nice interior even the base model, but Limited all the way for me.
Hmm... Minuscule gripe but what possessed Toyota to up the setup button on the left side and the phone button on the right side, father away from the driver? I'm liking what I see with this new Highlander though. It is definitely back in the race to hold the crossover crown.
Old 02-24-14, 06:43 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by yardie876
Hmm... Minuscule gripe but what possessed Toyota to up the setup button on the left side and the phone button on the right side, father away from the driver? I'm liking what I see with this new Highlander though. It is definitely back in the race to hold the crossover crown.
there is probably a phone button on steering wheel, thats what i use always.
Old 02-24-14, 06:52 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Those climate buttons look almost out of a GS

This is really sad that the Highlander has rear seat controls and the RX does not

Last edited by Hoovey689; 02-24-14 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-24-14, 06:56 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

^^^Correct Spywolf. Even other buttons like Voice Command button. Has all the same functions like my RX.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Toyota Highlander thread-high6.jpg  

Last edited by corradoMR2; 02-24-14 at 07:20 PM.
Old 02-24-14, 07:26 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Same here on considering the Highlander. I love the RX (heck I bought three), but the fit and finish of the new Highlander Limited/Platinum and promises of a smooth, low NVH and refined drive are tempting, all for 10K less than a similarly equipped RX. Plus the macho Grand Cherokee styling and "RX-like" rear lights are growing on me fast. Looking forward to your review in particular ride comfort, handling, and NVH.

Was at the Toyota dealer today incognito (not ready to deal with sales reps just yet ), took some (crappy) pics of the interior base LE. Lots of soft-touch high-quality-textured materials. Nice interior even the base model, but Limited all the way for me.
Saw the Highlander at the auto show--really liked it, except for the disaster of a 3rd row. Whoever designed that thing should be put in front of a firing squad. You can forget one-handed operation of that.
Old 02-24-14, 07:28 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Driver uses phone button on steering wheel; passenger can hit phone button on dash?
Old 02-24-14, 08:31 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,396 Likes on 1,570 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
Driver uses phone button on steering wheel; passenger can hit phone button on dash?
probably carry forward from LHD japanese design.
Old 02-24-14, 10:33 PM
stlgrym3
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

My mom is looking at the new Highlander real hard to replace her '04 Pilot. we really like the Limited 2wd model, but we don't like the 2nd row captain chairs, wish Limited offers an option to swap them for the bench seats, i know the XLE has that, but she really likes the panoramic roof of the Limited. i told her to hold off on it until the new Pilot comes out. supposedly it will feature MDX's Earth Dream direct inject V6 and 6 speed auto (i know Honda is late to the game, but still worth the wait).

Quick Reply: 2014 Toyota Highlander thread