Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2014 Acura MDX Unveiled

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-13, 12:07 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 155 Likes on 115 Posts

i dont know why are people showing pics of old MDX interior... new one looks a lot worse....

I am glad they are targeting X5... maybe RX was targeting Ferrari?

:-)
Old 04-02-13, 07:05 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I take back my nice interior comments on the MDX.
Looks good in pics but after seeing it at the NY show yesterday,I don't like the wood trim.Too much and it looks like plastic to me.The interior did look cheap to me.
Old 04-02-13, 03:09 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
Hoovey has A TON of experience with automobiles, his opinion should be highly regarded not torn apart.
Thanks Blue

Originally Posted by Blueprint
The RX is not the oddball, it was first. It is CRYSTAL CLEAR no one wants to take on the RX head on. I think the Caddy SRX is the only one similar to the RX in size and price etc.

The competition has obviously tried to go around it with larger or smaller.

Hell if you look at the 1st gen MDX, the entire shape is similar to the RX but they were smart to make it wider/bigger with a 3rd row. They obviously did not want to fight the RX head on. The strategy has worked for both companies.
Correct it was first. What I meant was since it's a tweener and the NX is still not here, the RX is doing double duty. Being their smallest and midsize. Agreed the SRX was aimed squarely at the RX (hell they added an S jk)

Also keep in mind since it was based off the Odyssey and Pilot fitting a third row was easy. So naturally the MDX could grow which allowed the RDX to be born.

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
agreed. then you post in reply to hoovey...
I'm feeling the love

Originally Posted by spwolf
i dont know why are people showing pics of old MDX interior... new one looks a lot worse....

I am glad they are targeting X5... maybe RX was targeting Ferrari?

:-)
The MDX interior that I posted was from the Acura website. I'd hope it's current lol

Originally Posted by Joeb427
I take back my nice interior comments on the MDX.
Looks good in pics but after seeing it at the NY show yesterday,I don't like the wood trim.Too much and it looks like plastic to me.The interior did look cheap to me.
. Assembly is top notch (as with most Hondas/Acuras), but certainly a premium vehicle and a luxury vehicle
Old 07-09-13, 10:19 AM
go blue 99
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've done some research and this car is at the top of our list after having a kid. Will be trading in our '04 Mazda 3. Neither that nor the IS 250 have great room for a baby seat.

Also looking at the Infiniti JX35, which is available at a huge discount right now.
Old 07-09-13, 03:51 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,347 Likes on 1,538 Posts

Originally Posted by go blue 99
I've done some research and this car is at the top of our list after having a kid. Will be trading in our '04 Mazda 3. Neither that nor the IS 250 have great room for a baby seat.
an is250 and mdx are somewhat different vehicles.
Old 07-09-13, 08:58 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
an is250 and mdx are somewhat different vehicles.
When Junior arrives, though, some couples probably have to look for a different vehicle....they might not have much practical choice in the matter. I can understand this couple not wanting to screw around stuffing and attaching a child-seat in and out of the miniscule back seats of either an IS250 or a Mazda3 (and, no, the Verano's rear seat isn't any better). The MDX, for carrying kids in the back, is a far better choice. Not only that, but the MDX, of course, has more physical size and sheet-metal around the rear seat to protect a child back there in a crash.

Last edited by mmarshall; 07-09-13 at 09:10 PM.
Old 07-10-13, 09:31 PM
grabber2
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Saw one on the road today.....it look sharp!!! Very nice head light.......but I don't like the Honda interior.
Old 07-15-13, 10:57 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by go blue 99

Also looking at the Infiniti JX35, which is available at a huge discount right now.
MDX serves it's purpose...

my new MDX and my impressions..

likes and dislikes on MY 14 MDX Tech Car

my likes...
jewel LED Headlights
good/decent MPG
good 2nd & 3rd row seat options
tech is impressive
nice drive, smooth and quite
driver select key fob and new key fob design
birdview maps
blind spot monitor
ELS sound system
slim turn signals on side mirrors

my dislikes...
needs real wood interior
needs better aluminun trim interior (like RLX)
navi lockout while driving (SUCKS)
need 8 way power seat passenger
no folding mirrors
needs better quality leather thourghout (i need advance package) shift **** area as well
would like a closed cup holder area like the older MDX
basic option like parking sensors should be tech package (I'll forgo the LDW)
needs better color combo for white, etc...
hard disc drive is lame because it takes too long to rip ablums, usb flash drive solves this problem, so HDD can go!
I WANT exposed tailpipes to give it sportier apperance
need both mirror to tilt down in reverse, not only one
anti glare side mirror should be part of Tech Package
needs ambient lighting inside
don't like the extended view driver side mirror
bluetooth delay when watching movie from iPad using bluetooth audio
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Acura MDX Unveiled-new-image1.jpg   2014 Acura MDX Unveiled-new-image2.jpg   2014 Acura MDX Unveiled-new-image4.jpg   2014 Acura MDX Unveiled-new-image5.jpg   2014 Acura MDX Unveiled-new-image.jpg  

Old 07-15-13, 11:06 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

to all the MDX haters who says MDX looks like minivan, you all are haters... We all know the trademark minivans design are really short hoods and a flat C-pillar, which the MDX is neither. MDX looks pretty much like any other 7 passenger crossover truck on the market, so stop hating.
Old 07-15-13, 11:18 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Have you sampled the latest RDX Mike? I assure you it's leaps and bounds better than what it replaces. Not to mention it's more athletic appearance makes it better than the MDX IMO (not as bloated). Only the lack of SH-AWD is a serious omission in my eyes. Otherwise the cabin is nice, materials are good for a premium make, and assembly is first rate as with most Acura products.
The Acura RDX is definitely poor man's Lexus RX, as Acura TL is poor man's Lexus GS. But the RDX is a true copy cat car, sad they have to copy so much... looks too damn obvious it's knockoff Lexus RX...
Old 07-15-13, 11:21 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CincyBrad
With a tacky red button. That is a pet peeve of mine, it's not a Ferrari, but a normal button in it!
it's def better than grey button with green light... yawn......
Old 07-15-13, 11:25 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

#1 thing I dont like about RX is shift **** position... minivanish....
#1 thing I dont like about MDX is FAKE WOOD... lameo!!!
Old 07-16-13, 02:35 AM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you like MDX. My parents plan on getting MDX next year (or next 2 years?) after all first year bugs are sorted out. They like Lexus brand, but RX doesn't do it for them, and LX is too big.
Old 07-16-13, 05:02 AM
LexFather

Talking

Originally Posted by KILLERGS4
to all the MDX haters who says MDX looks like minivan, you all are haters... We all know the trademark minivans design are really short hoods and a flat C-pillar, which the MDX is neither. MDX looks pretty much like any other 7 passenger crossover truck on the market, so stop hating.
When most people share an opinion (as in this case the new mdx is bland/ugly/minivanish) that doesn't make them haters. It seems the majority agrees. If you like it fine, that doesn't make you blind.

FYI there is a multi-quote feature.

Old 07-16-13, 05:57 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,347 Likes on 1,538 Posts

from looking at those pics, it has too much chrome bling front and back, including the ugly silver beak (which i thought they were trying to underplay more these days? ).

Quick Reply: 2014 Acura MDX Unveiled