Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Hyundai-Kia raises fleet sales as retail sales slide

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-13, 01:02 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,508 Likes on 1,648 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
The CT is certainly not a POS...in terms of mechanical reliability, according to Consumer Reports, it ranks at or near the very top of all American-market vehicles in reliability.
never questioned reliability, and don't consider it a POS.

As I see it, it's basically a small SLOW Toyota hatchback with some upgraded interior trim/equipment and an "L" badge hung on its front and rear ends.
edited, but agreed.

but if i lived in a busy city it would be quite appealing although pricey for what it is.
Old 04-19-13, 01:51 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Mike/Paul:

The CT is certainly not a POS...in terms of mechanical reliability, according to Consumer Reports, it ranks at or near the very top of all American-market vehicles in reliability.

But Paul has a point.....and it was something that I also mentioned back when I first reviewed it. Though the interior is nice, with (admittedly) some of the best fake-leather substitute I've seen yet, I still don't think that its rough ride, road noise, and general level of driving refinement is up to Lexus standards (Consumer Reports agrees). As I see it, it's basically a small Toyota hatchback with some upgraded interior trim/equipment and an "L" badge hung on its front and rear ends.
No he doesn't he hasn't remotely came close to the car and your opinion couldn't be more wrong. But you do think a buick verano is a luxury car so we know what your baseline is.

Old 04-19-13, 02:40 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Hyundai and Kia did well... they have improved a lot.... i think their problem now is that as they improve further and as Won goes up, they are losing their pricing advantage...
Old 04-19-13, 02:44 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
No he doesn't he hasn't remotely came close to the car and your opinion couldn't be more wrong.
So my opinion is wrong when I say I think the CT is noisy and firm-riding? Fine.....I'll respect your opinion, but sorry, I'm sticking with what I said. I don't consider the CT Lexus-grade from a refinement point of view....and solely from a refinement point of view (nothing else).

But you do think a buick verano is a luxury car so we know what your baseline is.
Apparantly, you don't, so I'll explain it. It's not a luxury-car in the sense of a Lexus LS or Mercedes S-Class, but it is indeed a entry-luxury-level compact, with unequalled noise-control and refinement in the compact class. But the car does have a few faults, like any car (wiper-design, 45-series tires, manual seat-recline, cramped rear seat, etc....)

We're also all off-topic...me included.

Last edited by mmarshall; 04-19-13 at 02:56 PM.
Old 04-19-13, 02:52 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
never questioned reliability, and don't consider it a POS.
I know, Paul. I was just replying to the general reference of it being considered one (which it is not), not necessarily your post.

Last edited by mmarshall; 04-19-13 at 06:27 PM.