Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Live in the D.C. Area? Like Classic Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-13, 07:53 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Live in the D.C. Area? Like Classic Cars?

For those of you who like classic and/or 50s/60s-vintage cars, don't want to fool around restoring things yourself, and/or just want to go and browse without actually buying something, this is a real interesting place...Flemings Automotive Garage in Rockville, MD, a few miles north of D.C. , on Rockville Pike (MD Route 355). I used to work just a few miles from the shop, and have been there several times* with friends, though we haven't actually bought anything (yet). Tony Fleming, who owns the place, is a real interesting guy, appears locally on the Pat Goss Automotive-care radio/TV shows, and the shop often has a large display at the annual D.C Auto Show. They have a couple of showrooms, a service-bay, and their own restoration shop.

[img][url]http://media.yellowbot.com/r/650x500/photos/4wZy-mO0Pp_o--/flemings-ultimate-garage-rockville-md.jpg[/img]

*For the record, I'm not working for the shop, trying to promote it, nor paid by them in any way. I'm just posting this to share it since I found the place rather impressive.....although, to be honest, despite the ads, some of the cars I've seen there, even in the showroom, aren't always quite in mint condition. But they are usually close to mint.

Last edited by mmarshall; 04-25-13 at 07:57 AM.
Old 04-25-13, 02:54 PM
SteVTEC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live a few miles up the road from there. I've been by that place a bunch of times but have never been in there. Will have to check it out one of these days.