Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

April 2013 Sales Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-13, 03:36 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You cant even get a GS here in NY without several month wait. Low inventory probably explains slow sales.
Old 05-15-13, 07:11 AM
LexFather

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Sens4Miles
XTS MSRP: 44k-64k
CTS MSRP: 39k-59k

So as I said, XTS is Cadillac's most expensive sedan. Even Cadillac has the CTS-V separated on their website as a niche model, yet you think you got it right and Cadillac got it wrong?

5k difference is not "priced so similar". And yet another overgeneralized statement which could apply to any vehicle from any brand. Let me put it this way, Cadillac has positioned the XTS above the CTS and the XTS also has a higher MSRP than the CTS. It also outsold the CTS in the month of April. My point remains.

Spreading misinformation? It's as clear as can be. Numbers don't lie. But for the sake of being just as ludicrous as your above statement, I'll say that I think it might just be possible that the XTS sedan (which has a higher MSRP aka more expensive and is positioned higher than the CTS) outsold
the CTS based on the fact that the numbers on GM's sales chart for the month of April show a higher number next to the XTS
Lol so instead of saying "you are right the CTS-V is more expensive" or "forgot about the CTS-V" you go on fluffy tirades trying to mask the misinformation and then try to state "oh the V model doesn't count".

Lets tell Lexus F, BMW M, Audi RS, Jaguar R, Mercedes AMG etc those cars "don't count".

Hilarious to bad people can't just admit they were wrong. Please continue making loopholes to cover misinformation!

Old 05-15-13, 07:17 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
You cant even get a GS here in NY without several month wait. Low inventory probably explains slow sales.
Och,I found 101 GS models on Autotrader.com available in a 25 mile radius to my NYC metro area zip code.
Old 05-15-13, 07:34 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Och,I found 101 GS models on Autotrader.com available in a 25 mile radius to my NYC metro area zip code.
All white or silver . He's right when my friend was looking for a red leather f sport there was none anywhere. Looks like they are selling existing inventory since the 2014s arrive in a couple of months

Old 05-15-13, 07:35 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

A friend of mine just got a g37, he was asking for a GS, and the leasing company said there aren't any... at least none of the F-sport.
Old 05-15-13, 07:38 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
All white or silver . He's right when my friend was looking for a red leather f sport there was none anywhere. Looks like they are selling existing inventory since the 2014s arrive in a couple of months
I thought he meant GS350 in general.

I believe red leather F-Sports were always rare here.
I'm glad my first choice color combo was easily available.My 3rd with that color combo.
Old 05-15-13, 08:49 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Its not inventory issue - its stupid Lexus Allocations.
It was the same crap in December when i got my 535. Each dealer had maybe 1 Fsport if ur lucky and all in AWD.

I even contacted Lexus Corporate to express my frustration.
Old 05-15-13, 08:55 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Then say that. Otherwise it's wrong. Not sure what your harping on the GS has to do with anything, you want one?

What on earth is this? Stop selective reading and posting. The XTS is solid and the CTS-V is awesome. Don't make a blanket statement bout CL again.
Is that a threat??? Lol

CL is great thats why i post here for over 10 years.

My comment was directed at u - stop twisting around people's posts and bickering with fellow members.
Old 05-15-13, 09:02 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Its not inventory issue - its stupid Lexus Allocations.
It was the same crap in December when i got my 535. Each dealer had maybe 1 Fsport if ur lucky and all in AWD.

I even contacted Lexus Corporate to express my frustration.
Inventory and Allocation is the same thing. I think many agree their allocation/inventory is quite mind-boggling in many cases.

Is that a threat??? Lol

CL is great thats why i post here for over 10 years.

My comment was directed at u - stop twisting around people's posts and bickering with fellow members.
Stop playing victim. You made a blanket statement about the forum when its clearly evidenced just looking at posts here or through out car chat we love other cars and brands. Don't try to play the entire forum or even me just because you don't agree with a post or two. You can ignore my posts you know.

No one is twisting posts and you are telling others not to bicker and you are here bickering? . Who are you to say what is bickering anyway, its a forum people disagree and I sure as hell will try my best to correct misinformation. Unless you like misinformation.

Old 05-15-13, 09:47 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Inventory and Allocation is the same thing. I think many agree their allocation/inventory is quite mind-boggling in many cases.

Stop playing victim. You made a blanket statement about the forum when its clearly evidenced just looking at posts here or through out car chat we love other cars and brands. Don't try to play the entire forum or even me just because you don't agree with a post or two. You can ignore my posts you know.

No one is twisting posts and you are telling others not to bicker and you are here bickering? . Who are you to say what is bickering anyway, its a forum people disagree and I sure as hell will try my best to correct misinformation. Unless you like misinformation.
Show me where i said something negative about CL.
This is what im saying about twisting around people's posts and going way off topic.

CL is a great forum and probably has least anount of fanbois.

You on the other hand need to calm down and stop starting arguments over nonsense.
Old 05-15-13, 09:53 AM
LexFather

Show me where i said something negative about CL.
This is what im saying about twisting around people's posts and going way off topic.

CL is a great forum and probably has least anount of fanbois.

You on the other hand need to calm down and stop starting arguments over nonsense.
If you have a problem with me, thats your problem. Guess who helped build CL make it the great forum you love and now inspires others to make their own lists.

Or you can hit ignore

Old 05-15-13, 10:01 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

If you have a problem with me, thats your problem. Guess who helped build CL make it the great forum you love and now inspires others to make their own lists.

Or you can hit ignore
I see good to know. I didnt realize u built this forum and are such a vip member. Still doesnt give u the right to argue with other members and miscontrue their posts.

In the future please dont respond to my posts.

Thank you
Old 05-15-13, 12:24 PM
Sens4Miles
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol so instead of saying "you are right the CTS-V is more expensive" or "forgot about the CTS-V" you go on fluffy tirades trying to mask the misinformation and then try to state "oh the V model doesn't count".

Lets tell Lexus F, BMW M, Audi RS, Jaguar R, Mercedes AMG etc those cars "don't count".

Hilarious to bad people can't just admit they were wrong. Please continue making loopholes to cover misinformation!
There is nothing to admit. You were wrong. You were wrong about the price range of the XTS which I clearly proved to you by providing links back to Cadillac's website. I find it beyond hilarious that you can't just admit that you were wrong.

The XTS is positioned higher than the CTS, and it is their most expensive sedan (outside of the niche CTS-V). Cadillac does not even include the CTS-V with the regular CTS models on their own website. Yet you keep harping on it when no one was even talking about it in the first place. Ok.

5 series- 5,234
E class-4,431
A6-1,905
GS-1,236
MKS- 730
RLX-400
M35/37/56-388
RL-7

Personally I don't really care for your lists. They are routinely non-inclusive and they leave out key data which paints a picture different from reality. The above quoted list of yours clearly demonstrates this. You include the MKS but conveniently leave out the XTS, which it directly competes with. Your list paints a different picture from reality, when in fact the XTS was the 3rd highest selling model in its class behind the 5 Series and E Class. That says a lot. But according to you, the XTS doesn't even exist.

Tell those 2,891 customers who bought the XTS in April that their purchases "don't count"
Old 05-15-13, 12:56 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

When did the XTS go on sale? I haven't seen a single one on the roads in NYC yet.

Edit: Just wont on caddy site to check out the XTS. Its an attractive car, but FWD? LOL.
Old 05-15-13, 01:00 PM
LexFather

There is nothing to admit. You were wrong. You were wrong about the price range of the XTS which I clearly proved to you by providing links back to Cadillac's website. I find it beyond hilarious that you can't just admit that you were wrong.

The XTS is positioned higher than the CTS, and it is their most expensive sedan (outside of the niche CTS-V). Cadillac does not even include the CTS-V with the regular CTS models on their own website. Yet you keep harping on it when no one was even talking about it in the first place. Ok.
So let us all get this right. You state the XTS is their most expensive model. Fact is the CTS-V is. You then say "oh don't include the CTS-V" Then you state the XTS has a higher selling price than the CTS with absolutely no evidence of this.

Personally I don't really care for your lists. They are routinely non-inclusive and they leave out key data which paints a picture different from reality. The above quoted list of yours clearly demonstrates this. You include the MKS but conveniently leave out the XTS, which it directly competes with. Your list paints a different picture from reality, when in fact the XTS was the 3rd highest selling model in its class behind the 5 Series and E Class. That says a lot. But according to you, the XTS doesn't even exist.

Tell those 2,891 customers who bought the XTS in April that their purchases "don't count"
Good for you. Never have I stated my list is the end of all lists, I take my free time to post them for the past 8 or so years for comparison and talking purposes. It must be something people are interested in since other forums now do it and you just did it

If I was you, I would worry about other things than what I do. As for this thread

Quick Reply: April 2013 Sales Thread