Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

April 2013 Sales Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-13, 01:16 PM
Sens4Miles
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
So let us all get this right. You state the XTS is their most expensive model. Fact is the CTS-V is. You then say "oh don't include the CTS-V" Then you state the XTS has a higher selling price than the CTS with absolutely no evidence of this.
I'll let my previous posts on this subject speak for themselves...

Good for you. Never have I stated my list is the end of all lists, I take my free time to post them for the past 8 or so years for comparison and talking purposes. It must be something people are interested in since other forums now do it and you just did it
Lists are great. I love them cuz they show exactly where the market is at the current moment. What I don't like are inaccurate lists that skew the public's perception of what is actually taking place. IMO, your lists have been inaccurate too often for it to be an oversight, but who knows, maybe it is. In any event, I'm going to continue to post my lists on here as well for clarity sake.

If I was you, I would worry about other things than what I do.
Ya, likewise
Old 05-15-13, 01:25 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Sens4Miles
I

Lists are great. I love them cuz they show exactly where the market is at the current moment. What I don't like are inaccurate lists that skew the public's perception of what is actually taking place. IMO, your lists have been inaccurate too often for it to be an oversight, but who knows, maybe it is. In any event, I'm going to continue to post my lists on here as well for clarity sake.

:
This is the funniest thing I've read all year. Who are you Bob Lutz? So you come to Clublexus to argue and bicker b/c you don't like my list, a list that I do voluntarily and is backed by my years of expertise. Instead we should listen to you, who has only proven they really don't know anything about cars.

Hey do us all a favor, post your lists, less **** for me to do. I am beyond happy to have inspired you to actually contribute to this forum.

Dude went nuts over a list

Old 05-15-13, 02:41 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
I know its CL, but sometimes its ok to say positive things about other nameplates.
a lot of people in CL have various different vehicles, maybe not even Lexus anymore, so thats a bit unfair.

As to the sales, not sure why do you guys have to argue that much.
Old 05-15-13, 02:49 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
a lot of people in CL have various different vehicles, maybe not even Lexus anymore, so thats a bit unfair.

As to the sales, not sure why do you guys have to argue that much.
I'd kinda forgotten that this was the sales thread.
Old 05-15-13, 04:20 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
Yes Im one of those people. I still post here bec I'm still a fan of Lexus and Car Chat has a lot of great unbiased info.

Again my comment was pointed to Bluprint, not CL - nothing wrong being pro Lexus on CL.
He on the other hand....
Old 05-15-13, 04:33 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
When did the XTS go on sale? I haven't seen a single one on the roads in NYC yet.

Edit: Just wont on caddy site to check out the XTS. Its an attractive car, but FWD? LOL.
If u go to the city on a weekday, there is a bunch.

Its good replacement for the Town Car. Im sure black car fleets buy a lot.
Old 05-15-13, 05:43 PM
trexlexus
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Och
When did the XTS go on sale? I haven't seen a single one on the roads in NYC yet.

Edit: Just wont on caddy site to check out the XTS. Its an attractive car, but FWD? LOL.
You could do what the above poster suggested, or move yourself down here to Houston. Our suburbans are literally crawling with them. Lol. They do have a lot of presence though. Especially in that cream white color and black.

It's kinda funny. I remember saying that I've never seen more than 3 Equus in the wild. Someone said NYC has lots of them. The XTS situation is almost a direct reversal. Hehe.
Old 05-15-13, 05:53 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm in NYC every day, and I'm yet to see an XTS on the road, unless I simply haven't been noticing them.

I've seen about five Eqii on the road since they launched.

The new GS is abundant here in NYC, and so is the new ES.
Old 05-15-13, 07:44 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,378 Posts

RNM GS3, Blueprint, Sens4Miles - please exit this thread.

Use PM, use the ignore list, I don't care which but this ongoing public bickering is senseless. Let's not rinse and repeat this same mess next month please.
Old 05-18-13, 03:41 PM
rkyat
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Och
I'm in NYC every day, and I'm yet to see an XTS on the road, unless I simply haven't been noticing them.

I've seen about five Eqii on the road since they launched.

The new GS is abundant here in NYC, and so is the new ES.
I work on queens blvd, and let me say, I see a good amount of xts driving by daily, and most of them aren't TLC plated.

Then again I see a few gtrs often here too lol. The blvd is a weird place.