Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura ILX

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-12, 10:51 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Headline from an October 2016 Autoblog article:

*Acura decides to pull the plug on slow selling ILX*

"Despite optimistic expectations, sales have drastically tapered off to the point Acura feels the ILX is no longer a viable business option in the U.S. With nearly all competitors offering more power, higher technology, better fuel economy, or sleeker body styling, the ILX never filled Acura's..."
Old 04-23-12, 11:06 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,413 Likes on 1,582 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Except you sit in the CT for 2 seconds and realize its built like a luxury car.
it ought to be, it's way more expensive. Not slamming the ct, but the pricing/packaging ensure typically configured re going to be 34k. I guess that's good marketing, but i just don't get why someone wants to spend that much for an upscale prius.

If your intent is to find similar faults at Lexus on a Lexus forum, go right ahead and continue, nothing else for me to say here. Enjoy the ILX, its a world beater
I never claimed the ilx is all that, but your piling on is over the top. But as always sales volume and features are used at different times to justify how great or bad something is. You're trashing it on features, but if it ends up selling well, you won't mention it. The ct's features to me aren't all that, but it sells pretty well so it's a success. You defended the hs, but it's a flop.

But comparing acura with lexus models is pointless. They never were and aren't competitors. So you're entitled to judge acuras from a lexus point of view, but i don't get the fixation on it.
Old 04-23-12, 11:12 PM
doublehh03
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally, I don't know why there is an "entry luxury" segment. Look, if you don't have the cash, don't buy a luxury car. If you do, then buy a real one. No need to dance the line of borderline luxury.

Dumb car by Acura.
Old 04-24-12, 03:59 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speedflex
The frustration with Acura is that they have completely lost touch with who they were. They could have been step for step with Lexus but they not only got conservative but also lost any semblance of courage and imagination. This car is the latest desperate Hail Marry from a company that once held so much promise. I see compromise written all over it and that seems sad to me.
Yep!! They're focused in their own little world, completely unaware that there's competition all around them. How can they possibly know who they are if they don't even know who their customers are? They actually don't know who their targeting. It's sad, and unfortunately, destructive to a car company.
Old 04-24-12, 01:32 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts
Default 2013 Acura ILX production gets underway in Indiana

2013 Acura ILX production gets underway in Indiana

Honda has been building the Civic in Greensburg, Indiana, since 2008, but now the company's newest American assembly plant has some variety on its lines. The 2013 Acura ILX joined its mass-market relative at the 2.1 million square-foot facility yesterday.

Honda is building both the standard ILX and the ILX Hybrid at Honda Manufacturing Indiana, which is the only plant slated for assembly of the new compact Acura. Greensburg will continue to build Civic sedans, including the natural-gas-powered Civic GX, both for domestic consumption and export. Since the ILX is based on the Civic, the two cars sharing an assembly line is a natural.

The ILX goes on sale on May 22, at a starting price of $25,900 plus $895 for destination

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/24/2...ay-in-indiana/
Old 04-24-12, 03:12 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
The HS has ...
The HS has ...
etc etc

Why you and others are defending monkeycrap is beyond me.
why you're defending the HS which is a complete fail in the marketplace is beyond me.

Call a spade a spade
the HS is monkeycrap.

The vast majority of people see right through this terrible offering that is ALL NEW for 2012. It is a terrible new car badged with a "luxury" plate.
I predict it will outsell the HS.

ILX for people that don't know **** about cars, hate cars but want a luxury badge b/c that means more than actually having luxury content.
newsflash - i'd say that's the profile of the majority of all luxury buyers
Old 04-25-12, 02:20 PM
seanlee
Driver

1SICKLEX. no body is defending anything. i don't get paid by Acura or Honda, but i hope you are paid by Lexus for your effort.

i think we are agree that Acura is not the same tier as Lexus. or ILX is not as good as HS. but honestly for 25.9k it is damn good.

Acura is a premium brand and their car all come with good warranty. it is not a bad looking (Actually pretty good), pretty good MPG, okay power. and quite frankly, their standard feature are more complete than any other premium/luxury brand so really, if have 26 grand right now and want to buy a car with good reliability, MPG, well equipped and good warranty. what can i get?

and comments such as "people who don't know cars" just makes me laugh.. what do you consider to "know cars"? when i was 16, i want a high horse power cars , when i was 20, i value more in handling, and now i am married, i value more in space and quite ride. i have my eyes set on a hybrid RX rather than an FT-86, do i know cars more or less?

different cars for different purpose. the ILX is aim toward daily drivers who want good warranty, trouble free ownership, cheap, and good MPG with something that's a little different from Camry/Accord. if you have good alternative, please name them and you will find the ILX is one of the few choices.
Old 04-25-12, 03:12 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

^^^ seanlee - excellent post. yes, i'm not defending acura, they've put out a product that isn't going to send enthusiasts off fapping but that doesn't mean we have to trash it endlessly because it isn't just like a lexus.
Old 04-25-12, 04:20 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
^^^ seanlee - excellent post. yes, i'm not defending acura, they've put out a product that isn't going to send enthusiasts off fapping but that doesn't mean we have to trash it endlessly because it isn't just like a lexus.
ILX is pretty poor car for 27k.
Old 04-25-12, 04:41 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Civic with leather for 27k is a rip off. I'd rather take well equipped Camry.
Old 04-25-12, 04:53 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
You could get better equipped V6 SE.... with 270hp.
Old 04-25-12, 06:14 PM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Meanwhile, the180 HP Buick Verano costs $22,585 and does 32 MPG Hwy.
Old 04-25-12, 07:35 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

But, if the Verano follows the same path as Enclave, LaCrosse, Regal and Chevy Cruze on which it's based will have Below Average reliability (according to Consumer Reports).
Old 04-25-12, 07:45 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Och
more absurdity. of course you can get leather on a civic anyway, but i digress.

by your logic the CTh is prius with (optional) leather for 32k and a rip off, and so you'd rather take a well equipped camry.

that makes no sense either.
Old 04-25-12, 08:00 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Honestly, let Acura have it. They need to make some $$$ and quick. If not, Acura won't be around long enough for the er NSX to return

Quick Reply: Acura ILX