Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2014 Mercedes Benz S-class

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-13, 02:27 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
I doubt they will. Why would anyone buy a longer S class, which looks like an S class and drives like an S class, but pay more for the maybach name? That will only reinforce the initial problem with the maybach brand...that it was basically a rebadged S class. lol
From my understanding, they're acknowledging it's an S-class this time around and using Maybach as a trim level. Kind of like the Mulliner of Bentley and Park Ward of Rolls Royce.
Old 10-23-13, 04:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by TangoRed
From my understanding, they're acknowledging it's an S-class this time around and using Maybach as a trim level. Kind of like the Mulliner of Bentley and Park Ward of Rolls Royce.
that's my understand too. i really don't think maybach makes sense again
Old 10-24-13, 12:35 PM
LexFather

Flagship

Executive Rear Seat Package PLUS

S-class debut event at Mercedes Benz of Coral Gables

Ask for Ariel, highly recommended

Absolutely stunning interior

One of the remotes. It can control the front as well as the rear.

LEDs

Welcome to the family

Old 10-24-13, 12:55 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome pics, and beautiful car, Mike. Saw my first one last night at Lenox mall. Looks nice in person!
Old 10-24-13, 01:45 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

My goodness, they really raised the bar on the interior. Really love the subtle touches like the ascent lighting, chrome pieces, etc. Really looks nice and probably feels expensive.

Btw, shouldn't the Pullman version be even more exquisite? Looking forward to seeing what the interior that model looks like.
Old 10-24-13, 01:50 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

As usual a cut above everything else.Front, rear and side design is awesome.Creature comforts amazing...

My son in law will be trading in his '11 S550 for one soon.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 10-27-13 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-24-13, 02:02 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Man the accent lighting is soooo nice. Hoping to see this tomorrow blueprint??
Old 10-24-13, 02:05 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Awesome event Mike. MBZ knows how to throw a party. When the 2007 LS came out, Lexus did an awesome event, flew us out to Pebble Beach and made it special. Location, food, gifts etc..
Old 10-24-13, 02:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

great pics, thanks mike. awesome car, just stunning

Originally Posted by Joeb427
As usual a cut above everything else.Front, rear and side design is awesome.Creature comforts amazing...

My son in law will be trading in his '11 S550 for one soon.
damn, details on the s550? i miss my s550, been thinking about getting the facelift!!!
Old 10-24-13, 02:52 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

NICE !!! Mike is teasing us with those new S class Vossen photos. If its got those Vossens on it it will only look better than it does. Vossen knows how to dress up its show cars
Old 10-24-13, 02:58 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
great pics, thanks mike. awesome car, just stunning

damn, details on the s550? i miss my s550, been thinking about getting the facelift!!!
He's waiting for Dec deals.
I don't believe you can get a AWD till after the new year but he may just go RWD as he and mu daughter have other vehicles that are AWD and 4WD.
He has an '11 P3 S
silver/black S 550 with 41K miles that he'll trade in.
He may go to look at the '14 this weekend and I'll take a ride with him if he does..
Old 10-24-13, 04:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I don't believe you can get a AWD till after the new year but he may just go RWD as he and mu daughter have other vehicles that are AWD and 4WD.
He has an '11 P3 S
He may go to look at the '14 this weekend and I'll take a ride with him if he does..
can't wait to hear your feedback once you see the car in person!
Old 10-24-13, 04:54 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

He has an '11 P3 S
I already test drove the dealer demo. Loved it! Your son in law should just wait for the AWD if that what he wants though. By that time the 9-speed transmission will have come on line along with the improved COMMAND controller and HUD.
Old 10-24-13, 06:14 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Overall a really great car, and the exterior is far more tasteful and elegant than all other Benz designs of the past 2 or so years.

I still don't like the interior ambient lighting. I think they went overboard with that and it looks gimmicky. I think if there was less ambient lighting the interior would look better, or at the very least having less colors. As it stands now, the interior with all the ambient lighting on looks more like a nightclub than a luxury car interior .

Otherwise the interior materials and construction look excellent, even if I'm not a huge fan of the interior styling itself.

The next-gen LS is going to need to make a big leap, but I wouldn't worry too much for Lexus. Lexus knows what they're up against with Benz. Also this new S Class really makes the A8 and 7 Series look like such lame-duck competitors in comparison. The current LS also struggles against this new S Class overall, but the current refreshed LS still comes closer to the new S Class than the A8 or 7 Series.
Old 10-24-13, 06:43 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Overall a really great car, and the exterior is far more tasteful and elegant than all other Benz designs of the past 2 or so years. I still don't like the interior ambient lighting. I think they went overboard with that and it looks gimmicky. I think if there was less ambient lighting the interior would look better, or at the very least having less colors. As it stands now, the interior with all the ambient lighting on looks more like a nightclub than a luxury car interior . Otherwise the interior materials and construction look excellent, even if I'm not a huge fan of the interior styling itself. The next-gen LS is going to need to make a big leap, but I wouldn't worry too much for Lexus. Lexus knows what they're up against with Benz. Also this new S Class really makes the A8 and 7 Series look like such lame-duck competitors in comparison. The current LS also struggles against this new S Class overall, but the current refreshed LS still comes closer to the new S Class than the A8 or 7 Series.
I can see where someone wouldn't like the ambient lighting but that's why they provide the option to change the color, intensity, or shut it off completely.

Quick Reply: 2014 Mercedes Benz S-class