Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Honda Fit EV lease drops to $259 with no down payment, unlimited miles

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-13, 01:28 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Sens4Miles
A "large size" luxury sedan that maxes out to over 100k with options is midsize/executive class?
Ok, whatever you say
Right we should believe you, over me.

The first person in the history of the world to classify the Model S in the S-class, 7 series, LS etc class. Well maybe you are ahead of your time.

Old 06-03-13, 01:52 PM
Sens4Miles
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
Right we should believe you, over me.

The first person in the history of the world to classify the Model S in the S-class, 7 series, LS etc class. Well maybe you are ahead of your time.
Well, considering I have proven you wrong time and time again on here with actual facts and numbers to support my case, I would believe me.

Are you sure i'm the first person in the history of the world to classify the Model S in the same class as the S-Class, LS, & 7 Series?

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11305145...s-in-the-first

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...NEWS/130519937

http://carnewshq.com/2013/05/13/tesl...pped-by-tesla/

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/06...german-sedans/

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/tes...icle-1.1359997

Last edited by Sens4Miles; 06-03-13 at 01:59 PM.
Old 06-03-13, 02:43 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

So, spark EV isn't sold anywhere but in CA and Oregon. That leaves Fit and Leaf. I'm at a Nissan dealer now waiting for quote.

Last edited by Och; 06-03-13 at 02:50 PM.
Old 06-03-13, 02:44 PM
LexFather

Moderator edit - Mike, sorry but you know this type of personal attack is absolutely inappropriate.

I've asked you to use the ignore list time and again if there are other members who you constantly disagree with. I'll suggest it again and ask you to exit this thread.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/pro...?do=ignorelist

Last edited by DaveGS4; 06-03-13 at 02:56 PM.

Old 06-03-13, 02:54 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I think I'm about to get the Leaf.
Old 06-03-13, 03:02 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 746 Likes on 516 Posts

I have a classmate that bought a Leaf for his wife and despite a little range anxiety in the beginning, they really like it. Good luck with the purchase!
Old 06-03-13, 03:43 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
I think I'm about to get the Leaf.
by when do you need to make the decision?
Old 06-03-13, 09:20 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not quite sold on electric cars, but this deal would almost make sense for me seeing how it is I spend about $250/mo on gas alone for my commute... hhhmmmm I commute about 60-65 miles per day so this car would do the trick.
Old 06-04-13, 09:30 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 746 Likes on 516 Posts

^ I'd get a bit of range anxiety unless you had the opportunity to charge it at work
Old 06-18-13, 06:56 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Honda Issues Apology for Fit EV Shortage Caused by Massive Reduction in Lease Rate

“We expected a strong positive consumer response to our recent announcement that the Fit EV monthly lease price had been reduced from $389 to $259 for new and existing customers alike. It turns out that a “strong” response was gross understatement. Customer interest spiked significantly and demand for the Fit EV has grown considerably. We’ve even heard rumors that the Fit EV may already be sold out.”

“As with any rumor, the truth is somewhat different. While many of our dealers have reported leasing their available inventory of Fit EV’s since our late May announcement of the lower lease price, we are still producing a consistent rate of Fit EVs per month for the U.S. market and shipping them to dealers as quickly as possible. This is a temporary inventory issue, not a question of being “sold out.”

“Still, we recognize that some customers have experienced frustration as they attempt to locate dealers with available Fit EVs. We sincerely apologize for this – though it should be only a temporary inconvenience. The good news is that more Fit EV’s are on their way to dealer showrooms.”

“Here is what we suggest in the meantime: we encourage interested customers to contact their local qualified Fit EV dealer to complete the lease qualification process and, if they qualify,and if a vehicle is not immediately available, to put their names on a wait list. Wait lists evolve quickly and people drop out as time passes, therefore the lists are not as long as one would think. We also encourage customers to stay in contact with their local dealers to ensure they receive the latest information on the delivery of Fit EV’s. Though this may sound a bit discouraging, we believe that our dealers’ current inventory — supplemented by future shipments — will be adequate to satisfy ultimate demand for the Fit EV.”

“Bottom line: Honda is bringing more Fit EV’s to our U.S. dealers every month, and those future shipments are not sold out. With the new lower lease price along with our offer of no down payment, unlimited mileage, routine maintenance, collision coverage and a free 240 volt EV home charging station (not including installation)1 we are confident that the Fit EV is not only the best electric vehicle on the road but also the value in the EV market. We appreciate the interest already shown by our customers. Thank you!”

Steve Center
Vice President, Environmental Business Development
June 14, 2013
http://insideevs.com/honda-issues-ap...s-will-arrive/
Old 06-18-13, 07:35 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Fit EV is cool, main problem is that they are losing a ton of money on them just to get green credits needed for some states.

It is still good because forcing manufacturers like this means more EVs which means more charging stations and infrastructure which then means more EVs

:-)