Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Tesla S seems to have screen problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-13, 10:01 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,410 Likes on 1,580 Posts
Default Tesla S seems to have screen problems

seems like Tesla is struggling with some issues with the giant center stack screen. no doubt they'll get resolved in time!

From Edmunds long term test::

The primary display screen on our 2013 Tesla Model S went blank, again. If you are keeping track, this is the third outage in three months of ownership.
Full article.

and misaligned image bug and 'interesting' impromptu service experience...

http://www.edmunds.com/tesla/model-s...-surfaces.html
Old 06-03-13, 10:03 AM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh !!! I know, I know!!!!

Lets replace it with an Ipad !!!

Good to see this article. Thanks op
Old 06-03-13, 10:05 AM
LexFather

Wow another Teslas has issues thread. Where was the thread when Tesla has good news?
Who cares, all cars have issues.

Here is one
http://www.wltx.com/news/onyourside/...f-Million-Cars
Ford Issues Recall Of Nearly Half-Million Cars
http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/03/autos/ford-recall/

Old 06-03-13, 10:09 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
Wow another Teslas has issues thread. Where was the thread when Tesla has good news?
At the time I make this post, there's one 10 threads down on this very forum.
Old 06-03-13, 10:18 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by gengar
At the time I make this post, there's one 10 threads down on this very forum.
and we all know the O.P is slanted against Tesla.... why not start a Ford recall thread with 476k cars being recalled? Isn't that more important than a "screen" issue on a handful of Tesla cars?

OMG there is a Tesla who has one right tire pressure at 44lbs instead of 42lbs start a thread!!!!

Old 06-03-13, 10:25 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The only issue Tesla has is for lying about 40 kwh battery pack that they never intended to produce.
Old 06-03-13, 10:30 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

and we all know the O.P is slanted against Tesla.... why not start a Ford recall thread with 476k cars being recalled? Isn't that more important than a "screen" issue on a handful of Tesla cars?

OMG there is a Tesla who has one right tire pressure at 44lbs instead of 42lbs start a thread!!!!
If you think the Ford recall is worth a thread, then feel free to start a thread about it. Posting in other threads about the lack of a Ford recall thread appears to be an incredibly inefficient way to deal with your perceived problem.

If you think a thread is not thread-worthy, then feel free to contact the mods. Trying to deal with it yourself is not the appropriate way to approach your perceived issue.

If you have a personal problem with other members on this forum, attempting to derail their threads is not the appropriate way to deal with it.

Trending Topics

Old 06-03-13, 11:28 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

since Tesla is pretty much re-inventing the wheel with that 17 inch center stack screen, I can believe there might be a bug or two with it.

...that said, I've give my left nut for a Tesla S Performance with 21" wheels
Old 06-03-13, 11:55 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by gengar
If you think the Ford recall is worth a thread, then feel free to start a thread about it. Posting in other threads about the lack of a Ford recall thread appears to be an incredibly inefficient way to deal with your perceived problem.

If you think a thread is not thread-worthy, then feel free to contact the mods. Trying to deal with it yourself is not the appropriate way to approach your perceived issue.

If you have a personal problem with other members on this forum, attempting to derail their threads is not the appropriate way to deal with it.
I decide whats appropriate, not you. Remember that.

Originally Posted by bagwell
since Tesla is pretty much re-inventing the wheel with that 17 inch center stack screen, I can believe there might be a bug or two with it.

...that said, I've give my left nut for a Tesla S Performance with 21" wheels
Exactly, its going to have bugs.

Old 06-03-13, 11:59 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,366 Posts

I decide whats appropriate, not you. Remember that.
Actually I do in cases like this and I agree with his comments. What you've posted here is aggressive and inappropriate. Please exit this thread.
Old 06-03-13, 12:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

hopefully it's an easy problem to fix. but it also brings up another point, i am a bit scared of that big screen and seems like everything is through it. that seems like something that breaks and "kills" everything in your car.
Old 06-03-13, 12:32 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
hopefully it's an easy problem to fix. but it also brings up another point, i am a bit scared of that big screen and seems like everything is through it. that seems like something that breaks and "kills" everything in your car.
Welcome to the robotic age, everything needs to be reboot once in a while
Old 06-03-13, 12:58 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Gotta be careful when making out and getting hot and heavy in newer cars with screens. Point in case there was a member in the 2IS section that said his GF's foot went through the screen
Old 06-03-13, 01:24 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Tesla S is currently in Alpha or Beta stage... people report all sort of issues and then they call them up to send them firmware update to fix issues... I also read about screen fan getting stuck in 100% mode and making a lot of noise :-). Afterall, it is computer.
Old 06-03-13, 01:33 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

once its fine-tuned you don't "fix" the screen, its a simple swap out, similar to what airlines do when there's an electronic issue - parts are quickly/easily swap-able.

Quick Reply: Tesla S seems to have screen problems