Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti Q50 thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-13, 02:51 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

I picked up my Q50S Hybrid AWD with deluxe tech and nav yesterday (coming from an 06 IS350) yesterday

The semiautonomous driving tech stuff (stays in your lan and stops itself if the car ahead of you does) is very cool and the hybrid transitions are seamless
Attached Thumbnails Infiniti Q50 thread-image.jpg  
Old 08-08-13, 05:01 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
I picked up my Q50S Hybrid AWD with deluxe tech and nav yesterday (coming from an 06 IS350) yesterday

The semiautonomous driving tech stuff (stays in your lan and stops itself if the car ahead of you does) is very cool and the hybrid transitions are seamless
congrats man!

awesome looking car IMO!
Old 08-08-13, 07:18 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Mike, did you pick one up for Vossen, personal..??? Thanks for sharing. I wanted to stop by the dealership yesterday but got slammed at work and ended up just heading home. I am eager to drive it. How was the leg room and head room. You are I are pretty tall so I know that can be a limiting factor for us. What did you think?
Yup, Vossen Project car . I spoke to dealers nationwide, even got over MSRP quotes. I highly recommend Warren Henry Infiniit here in Miami, outstanding customer service and they really went above and beyond with everything. We literally negotiated price through TEXT MESSAGES and the price paid was the price they sent.

Its a base Q50 S, graphite. Looks great to me inside and out. Took it for a spin again last night and of course this morning and its solid. I'm noting the car drives very well at low speeds and not on the highway but on the highway at higher speeds it feels less sporty even in sport mode.

Finally got to adjust the seat to my liking. It has power side bolsters like the GS F-sport but they barely move to me.

Overall so far I like it, seems well done and it feels they moved this car more to comfort to for those wanting a nice IS/ES blend with the size of the GS, its a great option.

Some pics I took....the Sport hybrid badge is now blue...
Attached Thumbnails Infiniti Q50 thread-photo-1-copy.jpg   Infiniti Q50 thread-photo-1.jpg   Infiniti Q50 thread-photo-2-copy.jpg   Infiniti Q50 thread-photo-2.jpg   Infiniti Q50 thread-photo-3.jpg  

Old 08-08-13, 07:22 AM
LexFather

Sorry for the crappy iphone pics.....

You will note the fingerprints on the dual screen, the car comes with a cloth to wipe it down When I came home there was a GS F-sport parked so I took pics next to it, once again they both seem very similar in overall style. The Q50 has more flair with the rising rear arch and more sculpted front end.

Let the Grill arguments begin
Attached Thumbnails Infiniti Q50 thread-photo-4-copy.jpg   Infiniti Q50 thread-photo-4.jpg   Infiniti Q50 thread-photo-5-copy.jpg   Infiniti Q50 thread-photo-5.jpg  

Old 08-08-13, 08:24 AM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the picture in front of Church's chicken!!! That made my morning.

I've really warmed up to the design of the Q50. It definitely looks much more aggressive next to the GS-Fsport.
Old 08-08-13, 08:27 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Grill and profile-wise I like 'em both. Different approaches but both look good.
Old 08-08-13, 08:42 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

looks amazing and just saw lease deals startinG at 399/month. AMAZING !!
Old 08-08-13, 08:44 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350

CONGRATS !!!!
Old 08-08-13, 08:56 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,465 Likes on 1,617 Posts

Blueprint - thanks for pics and impressions!

dirty ol' bastard and churchs chicken ftw

s2000tois350 - congrats! and are you now changing your username to s2000tois350toq50?
Old 08-08-13, 09:00 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Overall so far I like it, seems well done and it feels they moved this car more to comfort to for those wanting a nice IS/ES blend with the size of the GS, its a great option.
cool, I was gonna ask your thoughts on it since you have both IS/GS....

whoa...I like the Q's headlights/LEDs/fogs better than the GS!! both nice tho

I think Infiniti did a great job on this car, last gen G37 always looked kind of soft to me.

Last edited by bagwell; 08-08-13 at 09:08 AM.
Old 08-08-13, 09:03 AM
LexFather

Yes worlds first Q50 at Church's Chicken

Originally Posted by bagwell

[IMG]hwy-hybrid-photo-4-copy.jpg[/IMG]
I have no idea why Lexus doesn't give us the damn fog lamps in the GS F-sport here so it doesn't balance as well.

For 2014 it seems the GS will get the LED headlight option and I think I read LED fogs....

The Q60 has LED lights and fogs and I have to say at night it makes a difference, very white and better than HID to me. Some other LED lighting isn't that powerful to me, this one here makes a good difference.

The Q50 S has a different front bumper to the regular models, in pics the lower front end looks tacked on but in person it seems fine to me.

Diego is going to take IS F-sport and Q50 S pics together now....

This weekend I'm going to at least try to take pics of the 3 together....

Old 08-08-13, 09:11 AM
sears1234
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell
cool, I was gonna ask your thoughts on it since you have both IS/GS....

I think Infiniti did a great job on this car, last gen G37 always looked kind of soft to me.

IMO, Q looks much ugly than GS from this angle.
Old 08-08-13, 09:28 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

So Mike when do we get to see the VOSSEN Q50S???? I am dying to see the transformation.

Lets see if the clowns at Concavo also copy this. I fell out laughing when I saw their orange Sienna on their ugly wheels at stock height as opposed to that crazy slammed Sienna you guys had. Initially the copying was annoying , but now its so obvious it ridiculous
Old 08-08-13, 09:30 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Gotta say that the Q50S can hold it own in the looks department even over the GS in some angles. Also crazy that its an IS competitor but yet its got almost the same dimensions as the GS. I wonder if Infiniti is trying to squeeze the Q50 between two segments like Acura has tried to do with the TL ( or seems to have tried )
Old 08-08-13, 09:42 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Gotta say that the Q50S can hold it own in the looks department even over the GS in some angles. Also crazy that its an IS competitor but yet its got almost the same dimensions as the GS. I wonder if Infiniti is trying to squeeze the Q50 between two segments like Acura has tried to do with the TL ( or seems to have tried )
Either this or they have something else planned where the Q50 does become more a GS/5/E competitor while a new, smaller sedan (Q40? Infiniti just announced a Q30) fills the vacancy to compete with the IS/3/A4. Meanwhile, the Q70(M) becomes a new top class LS/7/S competitor.

Really looking forward to the Q60 now.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Q50 thread