Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti Q50 thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-14, 10:53 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yowps3
Q50>>>>>>>>>Everything Else

I had the opportunity to try out the new Q50 Hybrid and it was simply mind bogglingly good.

Love the interior that is actually LUXURY & QUALITY and not black flimsy plastic.
Is the 3.7 liter V6 (Petrol-only version) available in Australia?
Old 02-10-14, 01:56 PM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackraven
Is the 3.7 liter V6 (Petrol-only version) available in Australia?
Unfortunately not. The base model for some strange reason is a 2.2L Diesel from Mercedes.
But we do get the Hybrid

You guys are ao lucky that you get such a good power plant with the base model. I guess that motor is too much for a base model here.
Old 02-17-14, 09:20 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

needs a mild drop, but I thought this looked pretty damn good (not my car)....

Old 02-17-14, 11:05 AM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What wheels are those bagwell ? I love them. I think the Q50 look good, and for the performance, it is better an 3rd gen IS. Q50 has grown on me as the months go by. Thanks for the good pics
Old 02-17-14, 11:07 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Whitigir
What wheels are those bagwell ? I love them. I think the Q50 look good, and for the performance, it is better an 3rd gen IS. Q50 has grown on me as the months go by. Thanks for the good pics
They're Vossen CV5s. These wheels go well with just about every car I've seen them on!
Old 02-17-14, 11:21 AM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

That is one clean looking Infiniti. Though to be fair, Vossens will make most cars look good.
Old 02-17-14, 11:27 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Nice G
Old 02-17-14, 11:46 AM
LexFather

I've said the Q50 S is one of the best looking sedans on the road today. It just doesn't drive as sporty as it looks (which is fine)……. exterior wise, its sensational

I'm working with Stillen and RS-R and they have some nice products for it/coming. And my wife thinks I'm crazy but I am considering a hybrid as a DD, 30 MPG and 360hp with good looks is fine with me…I don't care about sporty for a DD…but still worried about the electronics and DAS issues… (hey Lexus a GS 300h or IS 300h would be great…..smh)

Old 02-17-14, 01:02 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
I've said the Q50 S is one of the best looking sedans on the road today. It just doesn't drive as sporty as it looks (which is fine)……. exterior wise, its sensational

I'm working with Stillen and RS-R and they have some nice products for it upcoming. And my wife thinks I'm crazy but I am considering a hybrid as a DD, 30 MPG and 360hp with good looks is fine with me…I don't care about sporty for a DD…
coilovers or springs + sways and it'll handle more sporty

oh found this from a motortrend comparo to is350 f sport.........seems to contradict other reviews but......
Everyone that touched either car declared the Infiniti to be much more fun on the track.
http://motortrend.com/roadtests/seda...rt_comparison/

Originally Posted by jwong77
That is one clean looking Infiniti. Though to be fair, Vossens will make most cars look good.
actually I was walking up from behind and it instantly caught my eye before I even saw the wheels

Last edited by bagwell; 02-17-14 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-17-14, 01:54 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexFather
but still worried about the electronics and DAS issues… (hey Lexus a GS 300h or IS 300h would be great…..smh)

What's the story on the electronic bugs? I've heard of system freezes with the infotainment system, sluggish performance. Infiniti still has no fixes yet?
Old 02-17-14, 02:09 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by speedflex
What's the story on the electronic bugs? I've heard of system freezes with the infotainment system, sluggish performance. Infiniti still has no fixes yet?
I've been following it and Infiniti released a TSB with an update that is supposed to fix the DAS errors. If the update did not stop the errors, the dealerships are replacing three DAS computers/ components now. It seems to be a good 25% of forum users that have had some form of DAS problems. As for the InTouch, owners have nearly given up on waiting for the app update and with the software update they did release didn't help much.
Old 02-17-14, 06:17 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bagwell
coilovers or springs + sways and it'll handle more sporty

oh found this from a motortrend comparo to is350 f sport.........seems to contradict other reviews but......
Everyone that touched either car declared the Infiniti to be much more fun on the track.
http://motortrend.com/roadtests/seda...rt_comparison/
Not really. The review says the Q50S is more fun on the track (basically comes down to it being more tail-happy), while the IS350 F-Sport is more fun in the real world, which is 100% in line with all the other reviews so far.

Giving the Q50S coilovers or springs + sways won't fix the vague steering feel that the reviewers are all complaining about. Too bad we haven't seen a review of a Q50S without the steer-by-wire option, which would've made a better apple-to-apple comparison.

Last edited by ydooby; 02-18-14 at 03:14 AM.
Old 02-18-14, 12:15 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by ydooby
Not really. The review says the Q50S is more fun on the track (basically comes to down it being more tail-happy), while the IS350 F-Sport is more fun in the real world, which is 100% in line with all the other reviews so far.

Giving the Q50S coilovers or springs + sways won't fix the vague steering feel that the reviewers are all complaining about. Too bad we haven't seen a review of a Q50S without the steer-by-wire option, which would've made a better apple-to-apple comparison.
+1.

MT didn't say that the Q50 handled better. In fact, it is the very lack of control of the Q50 : it's propensity to break its rear traction, that makes it more "fun" on the track.

When it came to handling where it mattered, on a winding road with a steep drop-off on one side, with the driver's safety at stake, the IS was clearly preferred.

See here :
Old 03-04-14, 08:09 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge Roars Into Geneva with 568PS 3.8L V6 Turbo, Sounds Like the GT

While Infiniti didn't say it specifically in its release, all evidence points to the use of the same ferocious 3.8-liter twin-turbocharged V6 found in the highly acclaimed Nissan GT-R series in the reheated Q50 Eau Rouge Concept that went on display at the Geneva Motor Show.

We first saw the study at the 2014 Detroit Auto Show in January, but in Switzerland, Infiniti popped up the hood revealing the V6 powerplant, rated in this application at 568PS (560hp) and 600Nm (592 lb-ft), which if applied on a production model as rumored, takes the compact luxury sedan segment to a whole new performance level.

Infiniti's stab on the BMW M3 saloon, pairs the twin-turbo V6 to a full-time, all-wheel drive system with 50/50 front-to-rear torque split and a 7-speed transmission, for an estimated 0-60mph (96km/h) acceleration time of less than four seconds, and a top speed close to 180mph (290km/h).

"Building on the extremely positive feedback on the Q50 Eau Rouge at its recent Detroit Auto Show launch, we decided to further whet the appetite of performance sports saloon fans by engineering this powerful heart into our blood-red beast,” said Infiniti boss, Johan de Nysschen.

“A car with such pronounced styling treatments demands the very best in terms of high-performance powertrains, which is why we installed this V6 twin-turbocharged, 7-speed combination as an example of what a potential powertrain for the Q50 Eau Rouge may look and sound like,” he added.

Infiniti says the car has not been confirmed for production, but leaves the door open stating that it "underlines the company’s determination to create engaging performance cars for a premium segment".
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/03/inf...oars-into.html
Old 03-04-14, 08:10 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Quick Reply: Infiniti Q50 thread